PDA

View Full Version : guys what bumper is this?

dxlmt
29-10-2010, 07:51 PM
guys what bumper is this, is it a normal pre facelift ek one with the front mouldings deleted, bigged and shaved?? or a complete different one?.. i have a pre facelift and front mouldings look bad LOL.. help? and i dont have the moneys to have a complete facelift conversion... and if possible how much would it cost to have a full facelift conversion? i heard it was 1 k ><

tuanEH?
29-10-2010, 07:55 PM
it's an ej8 or ek9 front bumper

dxlmt
29-10-2010, 08:08 PM
it's an ej8 or ek9 front bumper

oh cool.. wondering if you knwo if they are easy to get your hands on =] thank you

davidvtec
29-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Lol another thread? shuldve kept it to one thread man. Ek9 front bumper? dont bother.. it will cost you alot. better off buying ej8 front bumper or order an after market one made by taiwan.

dxlmt
29-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Lol another thread? shuldve kept it to one thread man. Ek9 front bumper? dont bother.. it will cost you alot. better off buying ej8 front bumper or order an after market one made by taiwan.

lol wanted maximum replies to have an idea of future car =] sorry bout that ><... where would i order this aftermarket one?

dc2r-0636
29-10-2010, 09:17 PM
look around n get lucky on the for sale section.

or if you got a friend thats a panel beater they can order it in for you.. aftermarket usually cost 1/4 of the price to a OEM honda one. and look good when all painted and fitted

dougie_504
29-10-2010, 10:31 PM
If you want aftermarket panels try Race Nation (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?63370-RaceNation-BRAND-NEW-AFTERMARKET-PANEL-FOR-ALL-CIVIC-INTEGRA-PRELUDE-ACCORD-amp-MORE). I have bought exhaust parts from these guys previously and their prices/service is fantastic.

The panels they have come in matte black and will need to be resprayed, but according to their testimony they are of very good fitment.

Worth a try :)

PS: Some people think poorly of Taiwan's manufacturing abilities but they actually produce a large amount of our better known branded parts and loads of people in Japan used to use generic/no-name Taiwanese parts in their builds, with good results.

davidvtec
29-10-2010, 10:39 PM
^agreed with the last part lol

dxlmt
30-10-2010, 01:02 AM
If you want aftermarket panels try Race Nation (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?63370-RaceNation-BRAND-NEW-AFTERMARKET-PANEL-FOR-ALL-CIVIC-INTEGRA-PRELUDE-ACCORD-amp-MORE). I have bought exhaust parts from these guys previously and their prices/service is fantastic.

The panels they have come in matte black and will need to be resprayed, but according to their testimony they are of very good fitment.

Worth a try :)

PS: Some people think poorly of Taiwan's manufacturing abilities but they actually produce a large amount of our better known branded parts and loads of people in Japan used to use generic/no-name Taiwanese parts in their builds, with good results.

Thanks man, will give them a look. And hi dougie, if you still remember me, going on the path of the civic and maybe one day if i cross the perfect ef8 it will be my next project =].

waix
30-10-2010, 01:09 AM
yeah full facelift would set you back around 1K+ mark depending on oem or generic parts and how lucky you are.

dougie_504
30-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks man, will give them a look. And hi dougie, if you still remember me, going on the path of the civic and maybe one day if i cross the perfect ef8 it will be my next project =].

Yes I remember you mate. Pity you couldn't find an SiR but they seem to be getting harder to find and the prices aren't dropping either.

But there's still a lot to be said for a nicely modded Civic so make yourself a worklog :)

mugen_ctr
30-10-2010, 11:35 AM
yeah full facelift would set you back around 1K+ mark depending on oem or generic parts and how lucky you are.

given the price of facelift civics these days, not worth goin this way, where as teggys its more seen as a good conversion, jdm front end