PDA

View Full Version : Amp Problem =(

VtiKid
01-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Hi peepz!

Pretty much bought one of those sub/amps.. the onez where the sub is part of the amp, forgot the term for it and im not much of an audio person.

The amp is not working properly, i mean ill get a good 2mins..and then the amp will stay on but the sub wont work..

It probably switches on once every 2 weeks for 5mins.. ive checked the cables all fine, except for the ground cable i wrapped around a nut/ under the middle console?

Power is always on the amp, but the sub will usually be lifeless, except for those lucky moments..

Any Ideas?

Thanks =)

2MPRS
01-11-2010, 03:44 PM
ur amp is going into protection. re ground the earth with an oring onto a bolt with bare metal.

ICACHA
01-11-2010, 05:28 PM
brand?

aazn
01-11-2010, 09:52 PM
sounds as if its not properly grounded that will happen..
for a quick and easy fix. get a self tapper screw and put it through the earth cable and then secure the screw
to the body of the car so the screw is holding the wire down to the body of the car, this works well if your too
lazy to put a terminal at the end to make a proper earth.

if you want a better earth.. you can put 2 or even 3 screws in.. the more the merrier

VtiKid
02-11-2010, 12:50 PM
thanks guys!! ill try it very soon as the cars distributor is playing up on me and i keep killing the battery trying to crank the stupid thing hahaha. anywayz thats a different topic..

i dont remember the brand.. im at work i cant even remember enough to google a similar name lol..

Thanks again ill try re earthing it again =)

VtiKid
05-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Well i tried re earthing it, but the green light is always on , theres a red protection light but thats never on? followed up all the wiring everything seems fine when it comes to connection.. the amp/sub is Fusion.

ICACHA
05-11-2010, 09:04 PM
sounds as if its not properly grounded that will happen..
for a quick and easy fix. get a self tapper screw and put it through the earth cable and then secure the screw
to the body of the car so the screw is holding the wire down to the body of the car, this works well if your too
lazy to put a terminal at the end to make a proper earth.

if you want a better earth.. you can put 2 or even 3 screws in.. the more the merrier

no no no, this is how you dont do it.

there is no quick fix for anything... period...

tenshi84
05-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Spot on ICACHA, sounds as though the amp is faulty, try to get another amp hooked up and test the sub, if all good then do reverse.. maybe that might solve your problem

ICACHA
05-11-2010, 10:33 PM
it says in my rep that i have made a few knowledgable posts? i should fraking hope so, i haven't spent 18+ yrs in this industry for nothing which has turned into sh!t over the last 10 yrs with the introduction of the internet.

aka_NSX
07-11-2010, 03:00 PM
^^^ and this term "DIY" started ..........

ICACHA
07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
too many experts which know little but have an opinion about everything me thinks mate :)

tiksie
10-11-2010, 09:32 AM
too many experts which know little but have an opinion about everything me thinks mate :)

Welcome to the internet.

ICACHA
11-11-2010, 12:04 AM
dont have to welcome me to it. ive been on it for a really long time. good for information, but great for mis-information.

dogcrapau
21-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Well i tried re earthing it, but the green light is always on , theres a red protection light but thats never on? followed up all the wiring everything seems fine when it comes to connection.. the amp/sub is Fusion.

if the green light is on and the red protection light is off??
that sounds like how it suppose to be ..
is this solved yet?

VtiKid
29-11-2010, 11:22 AM
sorry for the delay, no luck yet... its weird, i mean i cant see why the amp will be faulty.. its those amps that have the sub imbedded into it.. its come to a point where im tempted to unscrew everything open the amp and see whethers any wires or coils have snapped?

no bass in my car .. its a Fusion product.. i forgot the term to describe these types of amps..its for the del sol so its in the back seat screwed on to the back panels..,.

ICACHA
29-11-2010, 01:45 PM
if you're really stuck for answers, shoot me a pm and i'll try and help you out.

slimx
07-12-2010, 10:27 AM
tell me you've checked your RCA's.

Just by a little adapter (3.5mm male to RCA male) from dicksmith or something and just try connecting it to an mp3 player or something, see if it works. Sometimes it can be the simplest thing.

VtiKid
16-12-2010, 10:27 AM
still no luck guys, i may try using different rca's coz i doubt its faulty it was working fine wen i bought it then it decided to fail ive checked everything 3 times over... sux not being an audioo dude wen i wanted was lil boom under my seat =(

ill check with different rca's and get bak to ya'll thank you for all your input =)

1996_EK_Civic
16-12-2010, 10:32 AM
it's called an active enclosure, few of my mates have them

StrawberryFace
09-06-2011, 04:28 PM
warranty