PDA

View Full Version : How much did you pay for you Accord Euro (Driveaway)?

Pages : [1] 2

Poeter
11-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi guys

I was interested in the accord euro (standard) auto and i went around dealerships for quotes.

For the moment, i'm not very sure what is a decent price but most the quotes i got from honda were around $39k driveaway which is beyond what i can actually afford.

yfin
11-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Hi guys

I was interested in the accord euro (standard) auto and i went around dealerships for quotes.

For the moment, i'm not very sure what is a decent price but most the quotes i got from honda were around $39k driveaway which is beyond what i can actually afford.
Hey Poeter welcome to Ozhonda. :D Please do a search and read old posts - we have seen your question about the "best price for a Euro?" many times - even in the last few days. There are plenty of people who have posted tips about good dealers to speak to, etc.

Anyone else new to Ozhonda - please don't ask anymore about the best price for a Euro - do a search please.

Poeter
11-01-2005, 06:56 PM
oh sorry, vfin.... :rolleyes:

i'm new to this forum, so i wasn't really aware about search. LOL

Thanks for your reply anywayz :thumbsup:

coladuna
11-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Hi guys

$39k driveaway sounds like a crap deal to me.

Poeter
11-01-2005, 08:14 PM
$39k driveaway sounds like a crap deal to me.

hhaha yea, i think so too.

But honda dealers dont get into real negotiations until you've placed in a deposit which still isn't a guarantee of a good price.

I've been to Artarmon and Homebush. Both gave me an initial quote of 39k!!

albii
11-01-2005, 09:23 PM
pah walk in and say $36k and thats all drive away...and.be firm dont budge..you should get it for that much on a good day.

Reagan
11-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Larke Hoskins would give a good deal....

Poeter
11-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Well i thought $34k driveaway would be good but both dealers gave me "NO WAY!" and saying that i'm dreaming.

The homebush dude said no deal under 35k driveaway. LOL, but this dude was like fully swearing in chinese and giving my dad a story about how he gets the shits from his boss if customers keep going they're not sure and stuff.

*sigh*, seems like i can't get the euro for $35k....im thinking of just getting a cheapy corolla ascent if it doesn't get better.

I always thought the euro had a very good price but the dealers i've met have no intentions to give my dad any reasonable price other than high $30000.

Reagan
11-01-2005, 10:14 PM
considered buying second hand euro accords? i think they range at 30g

coladuna
11-01-2005, 10:38 PM
The dealer is right.
You are dreaming if you think you can get Accord Euro Auto for $34K
It'd be possible with manual, but way too low for auto.
Try pushing for $35.5K. That'd be very close to the best price possible.

Catcha
11-01-2005, 10:41 PM
$41400 driveaway is what i have seen someone get it for manual luxury 04 model

Poeter
12-01-2005, 01:05 AM
hahah yea, i think i should stop dreaming.... :o

I'll just save myself from being called spoilt brat and go for the cheapy manual corolla ascent :D I'll the get luxuries later on life

Anyway, thanks for ya guy's input...i'll be reading around. :)

sodaz
12-01-2005, 01:01 PM
I got mine almost 2 months ago for $33500 drive away (2004 model, Auto Transmission, Paint protection, Free carpets and a 6 year warranty).

It's possible to get any car at a low price but you don't just go in and hope they will give you a good deal. You have to make the dealers fight against each other. Get a quote from one, bargain, and use it as a weapon against other dealers. It takes time and hard work but it's worth it imo.

The best time to do this is near the end of the month because the salespeople try to meet quotas around that time which is to your advantage.

My brother recently bought an entry level Saab at a price 10k lower than the RRP using the same method.

PS: I forgot to write that i also got datadots and premium plates for free.

SeraphimX
12-01-2005, 01:04 PM
thats a hella good price man, is there any good techniques to remember tho? like when to ask for extras and when to ask for the discount??

sodaz
12-01-2005, 01:09 PM
I try to get the price down before i ask for extras.

baboo
12-01-2005, 01:40 PM
sodaz, you are a haggling champion!

evolution42
12-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Bought it in July 2004 from Col Crawford:

MY04 Euro Luxury Satin Silver 6MT (came out at approx. $48k incl. onroad costs/rego)
spoiler, tow bar, paint protection, mats, 6-yr warranty, datadots and euro plates, metallic interior trim

trade in on a 1995 Holden Calais VS Series 1 (evaluated at $6k)

$48k-$6k=$42k

Bought it for $36k

Therefore, SAVING= $6000 (which was too good to resist) :D:D

coladuna
12-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Can't really say that you got a saving of $6000 because of the trade-in factor.
Don't really know how much 95 Holden Calais go for but they could have money some money from there.

SeraphimX
12-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Bought it in July 2004 from Col Crawford:

MY04 Euro Luxury Satin Silver 6MT (came out at approx. $48k incl. onroad costs/rego)
spoiler, tow bar, paint protection, mats, 6-yr warranty, datadots and euro plates, metallic interior trim

trade in on a 1995 Holden Calais VS Series 1 (evaluated at $6k)

$48k-$6k=$42k

Bought it for $36k

Of course you got 6k saving, they simply lowballed your trade in, that's how it works, dealers arefar from stupid..

Nikoy
12-01-2005, 07:50 PM
i pick up my accord euro tomorrow 05 model in the milano red 6mt with pait protection and honda mats for 34k

pretty happy got it from honda north in osborne park my salesman was awsome

EURO MY05
12-01-2005, 10:26 PM
does anyone have a drive away price for a euro 05 lux auto with full body kit, plz state full accessories and where, so i can know where to get the best deal, thanks

exISeuro
12-01-2005, 10:40 PM
$44,000.00

NBP 04 Euro Luxury c/w mats, wing, rego & white plates

Late October , Larke Hoskins Homebush

coladuna
12-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Bought my Accord Euro Luxury 6MT for $40,500 about 4 months ago with free floor mat and full tank of petrol of course.

bigdongers
13-01-2005, 01:00 AM
i pick up my accord euro tomorrow 05 model in the milano red 6mt with pait protection and honda mats for 34k

is that price driveaway? if yes then you got a pretty good price! who did you buy the car from? was it Sukarto?

EURO MY05
13-01-2005, 07:40 AM
the quote i'm getting its

05 EURO LUX AUTO
FULL BODY KIT
TOW BAR
CARPET MATS
DOOR VISORS

48K DRIVE AWAY

What do you think?

Poeter
13-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Bought my Accord Euro Luxury 6MT for $40,500 about 4 months ago with free floor mat and full tank of petrol of course.

That's a nice price!!

Have you done much negotiation to get the price driveaway at RRP?

you bought the standard one, right? I initally thought the milano red is only availabe with the luxury model.

REV888
13-01-2005, 10:02 AM

Never say free ! Nothing these days come for "free" the mats were bulit into the price!

Poeter
13-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Never say free ! Nothing these days come for "free" the mats were bulit into the price!

That's so true!!

I went to Toyota to do a quote on the corolla seca ascent. I asked for a cheaper price, but what he does is just take out the mats which he originally offered for free and the premium plates. :thumbdwn:

EURO MY05
13-01-2005, 10:58 AM
That's a nice price!!

you bought the standard one, right? I initally thought the milano red is only availabe with the luxury model.
i paid a company to do it, so sorta saved me the time and stuff and i was just checking if they got me a good deal or not,

one other question, when they deliver it, do they drive the euro to me or do they load it on a truck and offload it when they deliver it here? cause i've never bought a car myself before

Thanks

SeraphimX
13-01-2005, 11:41 AM
i paid a company to do it, so sorta saved me the time and stuff and i was just checking if they got me a good deal or not,

one other question, when they deliver it, do they drive the euro to me or do they load it on a truck and offload it when they deliver it here? cause i've never bought a car myself before

Thanks
Companies do this for you?? Can I have the contact no. of the company? How much do they charge and do they also help you sell your car??

Thx

sodaz
13-01-2005, 01:30 PM
They drive the car to you unless it's too far.

coladuna
13-01-2005, 06:18 PM
the quote i'm getting its

05 EURO LUX AUTO
FULL BODY KIT
TOW BAR
CARPET MATS
DOOR VISORS

48K DRIVE AWAY

What do you think?
Walk away.
That's a bloody rip off even if u r getting a full body kit put on it.

coladuna
13-01-2005, 06:22 PM
That's a nice price!!

Not really. I certainly didn't have to keep pushing the salesman to the point where i may appear like a cheapskate.
I just went in and said that I've decided to get the car and this other dealer offered $X and asked what his best price is?

Tried to get it down to $40K but they wouldn't budge haha.
Was also offered the same kind of deal on standard Euro.
They were willing to take the normal price difference between standard and luxury model off that $40.5K if i were to buy a standard one.

SeraphimX
13-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Not really. I certainly didn't have to keep pushing the salesman to the point where i may appear like a cheapskate.
I just went in and said that I've decided to get the car and this other dealer offered $X and asked what his best price is?

They were willing to take the normal price difference between standard and luxury model off that $40.5K if i were to buy a standard one.

So after all this tax cuts and trade law revisions, how much should I expect to pay for the same deal as yours but auto?? Around 41k?

Poeter
13-01-2005, 07:40 PM

hmm, even with effortless negotiations you could get the rrp as your driveaway price.

Say if i'd gone bak to buying euro, would i have been given 35.5k driveaway or still way too low?

Nikoy
13-01-2005, 08:09 PM
is that price driveaway? if yes then you got a pretty good price! who did you buy the car from? was it Sukarto?

yeah thats driveaway price not sukarto he is the manager there he signed off on it tho my brother is a salesman at honda north it greases the wheels more easily.

plasma169
13-01-2005, 11:05 PM
PS: I forgot to write that i also got datadots and premium plates for free.

What's the premium plate? How does it look like? Is it any different from a normal plate?

I may just ask my dealer to give me this premium plate for free if this is something different than ordinary..

Thanks for the reply in advance!

sodaz
14-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Premium plates are just plates with black text on a white background. Looks better than the normal yellow ones they give you.

mane
14-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi guys!

Finally I bought my 05 euro luxury auto today! Very excited. I paid $44000 with full body kit (except rear spoiler) and mats included drive away. Pretty happy with the price. BTW it's black. Delivery at end of this month.

mane

coladuna
14-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Hi guys!

Finally I bought my 05 euro luxury auto today! Very excited. I paid $44000 with full body kit (except rear spoiler) and mats included drive away. Pretty happy with the price. BTW it's black. Delivery at end of this month.

mane
That sounds like a very good price to mw. Good on u for not getting that hideous rear spoiler too.

bigdongers
15-01-2005, 01:35 PM
make sure you post some pics! $44000 is an awesome price!

CRZYMF
15-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Mane,

Which dealer did you buy from if you don't mind me asking? Best price I've gotten so far for an 05 luxury manual (with mats) is $40800 on road. No bodykit, no other options, just mats.

Dare I say it on this forum, but I'm also considering the Audi A3 Ambition. After driving it today, I was very impressed. The standard list doesn't quite match the Euro Luxury, but it's a very well built car and handles well. So now it's a duel between the two cars :confused:

stephen8512
15-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Hi guys!

mane

daaaaaaaamn........44,000 AUTO with FULL BODYKIT!!!
thats a heaps good deal!. i ordered my euro for 41,000 05 luxury MANUAL with NO BODYKIT drive away. thats a HEAPS good deal mate. well done
:thumbsup:

SeraphimX
21-01-2005, 03:19 AM
yo was that trade in?? good buy btw...

mane
21-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply. Tried posting a few days ago but the website was down....
Yeah, it is with a trade in. However the trade in price I got was in par with any other dealers that I've been to. And I got the car through a car buying service agent from work. I had the service for free but I think it normally costs a hundred dollar or so. So it was pretty good I thought. And they got this price from Brighton Honda (Robert Lane).
When I got the car the only thing I want to add on would be the rear lip spoiler (Type R style I think). Any idea of pricing and availability in Melbourne.

Cheers
mane

bigdongers
21-01-2005, 10:44 PM
if you are referring to the small boot lid lip spoiler, its more a BMW M3 style lip spoiler.

Slugoid
22-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Meh...

I remember getting a quote for my 5AT Euro luxury. $46,700 on road with nothing.

Traded in a 93' Volvo 940GL for...I think $10K or so. Ended up getting it for $36K. This was in November 03 when hardly anyone had a Euro, and for that price, it would have been hard to resist. I guess they had the luxury to sell it close to full price then cos the closest competitor was the Mazda6 (haha) and the new Liberty wasn't due yet.

Gazza
23-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Just got my Euro Lux Auto in Blue yesterday for $45300 driveaway with bodykit (except boot spoiler), floormats and full tank of petrol. No trade-in. Waiting for delivery in 3 weeks. Think it isn't a bad deal since the initial RRP I got quoted was about $49500. Going to get the windows tinted once I get the car.

So happy :D I'm going to love this car! Now I'm going to sell my old VW Passat.

yfin
23-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Just got my Euro Lux Auto in Blue yesterday for $45300 driveaway with bodykit (except boot spoiler), floormats and full tank of petrol. No trade-in. Waiting for delivery in 3 weeks. Think it isn't a bad deal since the initial RRP I got quoted was about $49500. Going to get the windows tinted once I get the car.

So happy :D I'm going to love this car! Now I'm going to sell my old VW Passat.Good stuff Gazza - make sure the tint shop puts felt on the inside of the glass otherwise the glass will scratch. I used to drive a V6 Passat - the Euro handles so much better it isn't funny.

Alpine
23-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Just to compare, we got a brand new (but '04 plated) Accord V6 Luxury for $43,000 driveaway.

coladuna
23-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Good stuff Gazza - make sure the tint shop puts felt on the inside of the glass otherwise the glass will scratch.
I bought my car back in September and it doesn't have any scratch whatsoever without the felt.

yfin
23-01-2005, 04:48 PM
I bought my car back in September and it doesn't have any scratch whatsoever without the felt.
There are enough people both in Australia and overseas that have had scratches to justify putting the felt. It costs nothing extra and saves plenty of hassle.

ixl1007
23-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Hiya Mane, everyone.
I am in the final stages of purchasing MY Honda Accord Euro Luxury in Perth.
I was looking at the full body kit with most accessories...If I get a good price for the '04 version I will go with that. However, the '05 version is naturally even better.While I will not get much for my trade-in (A '84 Toyota Camry SV11 5spd fully imported), its a bit daunting trying to get the dealers to get down to as low as $44,000 especially since WA has such high Stamp Duty etc. Anyone have any tips, helpful hints, relevant websites etc to help me out please. Also too did anyone get the MP3 in their vehicles? :D

Alpine
23-01-2005, 06:58 PM
I thought the MP3 only came with the CRV and Integra?

ixl1007
23-01-2005, 08:05 PM
I chose to add the MP3...It was mentioned on the accessories booklit on The Honda Accord brochure...I was quoted $1000 to have it fitted by one dealership...I am also opting to get all the protectors like bumper corner protectors, bumper and boot lip protectors, slimline door visors, headlight protectors, slimline door visors. I am also opting for the Graphite Pearl colour which apparently is THE most popular... :)
The MP3 is optional for me at this stage...thoughts anyone?
I would appreciate any comments please.

Gazza
23-01-2005, 09:08 PM
I chose to add the MP3...It was mentioned on the accessories booklit on The Honda Accord brochure...I was quoted $1000 to have it fitted by one dealership...I am also opting to get all the protectors like bumper corner protectors, bumper and boot lip protectors, slimline door visors, headlight protectors, slimline door visors. I am also opting for the Graphite Pearl colour which apparently is THE most popular... :)

I would not get the genuine MP3 player simply because it's too expensive. You can get a good aftermarket MP3 player at around $400-$600 (with heaps more functions) and around $100 to get it fitted with the stinger kit (take a look at the Audio/Video forum). That's a saving of at least $300 and I'm going to do it when I get my Euro a couple of weeks later.

Catcha
23-01-2005, 10:39 PM
There are enough people both in Australia and overseas that have had scratches to justify putting the felt. It costs nothing extra and saves plenty of hassle.
The dealer told my friend it had something to do with the tint thickness, and so far this dealship here had not had anyproblems with tint issues at all with Euros, and most people get tint here cause its the tropics here in the NT.

So also looking at the thickness of tint might save you the hassle of tint stuffing up

Catcha
23-01-2005, 10:40 PM
they are going to make a killing off you

SeraphimX
24-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Hiya Mane, everyone.
I am in the (http://69.42.87.196/cgi-bin/v40/ezlclk.fcgi?id=6821) final stages of purchasing MY Honda Accord Euro Luxury in Perth.
I was looking at the full body kit with most accessories...If I get a good price for the '04 version I will go with that. However, the '05 version is naturally even better.While I will not get much for my trade-in (A '84 Toyota Camry SV11 5spd fully imported), its a bit daunting trying to get the dealers to get down to as low as $44,000 especially since WA has such high Stamp Duty etc. Anyone have any tips, helpful hints, relevant websites etc to help me out please. Also too did anyone get the MP3 in their vehicles? :D
Hey when are you getting yours?? Maybe we can do a double purschase, I'm thinking of the same thing as you, but are you looking for auto. Maybe we can buy together and get a better price...

PERTH_EURO
24-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Dont bother man.... if you want to get close to the 44k mark, dont spend $1000 on an mp3 deck.
$1000 buys you alot of fully functional aftermarket HU.

ixl1007
24-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Hiya Everyone,
Thanx for all the feedback. I WILL pass on getting the MP3 player from the dealer...I will go after market as you suggested. Currently the 04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Auto) is still available even as a Demo (?)...how much more should one be paying for an 05 version..what's the PRICE DIFFERENCE...does anyone know...a rough guide perhaps. I realize you can pay WHATEVER if BOTH cars are NEW then there should be some difference given depreciation etc, changes to import tax etc.
Seraphimx...I am aiming before the end of THIS MONTH JANUARY so email me ASAP on ixl1516@yahoo.com.au
Dealers NEED to make some $$$ but "Catcha" they will not be making a killing off ME, that's for sure...
Any dealer tips anyone? besides sticking to your budget.

PERTH_EURO
24-01-2005, 03:18 PM
if ya get a silver euro i have a genuine spoiler real cheap... save some more $$$

Catcha
24-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Hiya Everyone,
Thanx for all the feedback. I WILL pass on getting the MP3 player from the dealer...I will go after market as you suggested. Currently the 04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Auto) is still available even as a Demo (?)...how much more should one be paying for an 05 version..what's the PRICE DIFFERENCE...does anyone know...a rough guide perhaps. I realize you can pay WHATEVER if BOTH cars are NEW then there should be some difference given depreciation etc, changes to import tax etc.
Seraphimx...I am aiming before the end of THIS MONTH JANUARY so email me ASAP on ixl1516@yahoo.com.au
Dealers NEED to make some $$$ but "Catcha" they will not be making a killing off ME, that's for sure...
Any dealer tips anyone? besides sticking to your budget.
Have you gotten a driveaway price yet for your 04 demo auto yet ? if so whatever the difference is between the RETAIL of the Auto 04, and what your getting, take that figure and go minus that off the RETAIL of a 05 auto model, which should give you a rough idea of the difference you are after.

ixl1007
26-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Hiya Catcha and everyone, thanx for the info. The three Honda dealers in Perth were not game to put pen to paper and give any sort of "Price" for the 04 Euro Lux or even for the 05 Euro with the all the bodyskirts + protectors for fear of being undercut by the other. Burswood Honda offered $49,000 which I instantly dismissed for the 05 drive away.
Does anyone have any thoughts on Car Brokers? Good or bad...let me know.

ixl1007
26-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Hiya Gazza,
Have you taken delivery yet of yoru Euro Lux yet?
Any tips on how you got such a great price?
I appreciate any thoughts.

Catcha
26-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Hiya Gazza,
I reckon the best thing to do is to walk in into one dealership get a quote and copy of the deal cause you can go home and think about it subject to finance. G o fax it to another dealer and ask on the fax say can you do better, then wait for a reply, then keep on doing it until you get the best deal.

Or just physically go round to every dealer and say they are offering this what can you do better.

gotta have the copy of the contract or they think you bluffing and won't give you there best deal ......

Newgas
26-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Does anyone have any thoughts on Car Brokers? Good or bad...let me know.I initially approached 3 carbrokers when I bought my 6MT Standard Euro +fogs +tint +mats...1st one was www.carbroker.com.au (http://www.carbroker.com.au/), they charged me $20 for a best price (not a firm quote), then spoke to www.privatefleet.com.au (http://www.privatefleet.com.au/), they gave me a quote over the phone but didn't charge me the $179 standard fee, and i also spoke to www.autofleet.com.au (http://www.autofleet.com.au/), which cost me nothing. I was impressed with the first 2 but the last one was a bit sloppy. And their prices were within $500 of each other and all better than my own bargaining at dealers.

I then went back to my preferred dealer and told him I had a price that I was happy with from a broker and was going to put a deposit...they immediately changed their approach and I got a price $1000 less than my best broker price. I never told them my best price, I just gave them a figure $1250 less than my best price. I thought this wasn't a bad saving for a $20 investment. :D

With respect to brokers...I bought my wife's Astra 5 years ago through a broker and had no issues...and I was prepared to use a broker again for the Euro.

Alpine
26-01-2005, 07:07 AM
Burswood Honda offered $49,000 which I instantly dismissed for the 05 drive away.
$49,000??????? God, what a rip off. We got our Accord V6 Luxury brand new driveaway for $43,000!

Catcha
26-01-2005, 09:51 AM
$49,000??????? God, what a rip off. We got our Accord V6 Luxury brand new driveaway for $43,000!
Thats a very impressive price :thumbsup:

Gazza
26-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Hiya Gazza,

Na...not yet. I was told to expect the car in about 3 weeks. So that's about 2 more weeks to go.

As Newgas suggested, you can get a broker to do the job for you. But I enjoy the bargaining process :rolleyes: I reckon it's quite hard to get a cheap quote from a dealer in paper unless u say u'r ready to put in a deposit.

What I did was go in a dealership, told the sales what I wanted and got what the quoted price was. That price usually is the RRP of the car and accessories plus all the tax and charges (about $49500 in my case). I then asked for what I wanted ($45000 driveaway) and of course this was rejected immediately. I bargained a bit and said I was prepared to go to another dealership to get what I wanted. I asked the sales to give me a few minutes and I rang another dealer and said I was offered $45500 (btw, I never got offered this price :cool: ) and asked if he could beat that. The other said yes. So I gave this sales #1 the last chance and he went to see his manager again and came back with a simple "no". So off I went to another dealership and at the end we agreed at the price of $45300.

I reckon the key is to be firm about the price you know you can get and STICK to it no matter what the sales says. He may tell you the colour you want is hard to get or they have no profit to make at that price. Don't listen to them and keep saying you are ready to buy the car, sign the contract and if you are not offered the price you want, you will leave. You are not going to lose anything except some time. You should be able to get a price very close to what you want.

ixl1007, for the Euro Lux Auto with all bodykit + protectors, you should be able to get it at a little bit over $46k. Let us know how you go :)

EDIT: BTW, I have compiled a list of Euro driveaway prices gathered here. PM me your email address if you want it.

bigdongers
26-01-2005, 01:07 PM
EDIT: BTW, I have compiled a list of Euro driveaway prices gathered here. PM me your email address if you want it.
Good idea on the list :) I would also make sure you put which State it was purchased in also to get a fair comparison cause all States have different stamp duty rates.

ixl1007
26-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Hiya Gazza, BigDongers and everyone,
Happy Australia Day to you all as well. My email is ixl1516@yahoo.com.au (Garry)
Thankyou Gazza, I WOULD like that list please including the States they were bought from if you know them, thankyou.
I finally got a quote from One Dealer $45,686.50 2005 Honda Euro Lux.Auto
Given its Jan 26th, my assumption is that this vehicle is actually a 2004 built 2005 model...so effectively its a year old already.
(After my trade-in Toyota Camry SV11 10/1984 360,000kms offering a mere $500 [while Redbook and Glass's quote $800-$1800)
So tell me anyone, were any of you tempted to NOT get any extra accessories whatsoever from the dealer--instead, shopping around for those accessories at Auto shops etc. Any thoughts please.
**I appreciate there is the TIME, RESEARCH,
and COST OF GETTING WHATEVER IT IS FITTED ETC, as well as ensuring it is covered by your insurance.

Gazza
27-01-2005, 02:00 AM
Price list sent to emails already.

Lowenhart
27-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Hiya Gazza, BigDongers and everyone,
Happy Australia Day to you all as well. My email is ixl1516@yahoo.com.au (Garry)
Thankyou Gazza, I WOULD like that list please including the States they were bought from if you know them, thankyou.
I finally got a quote from One Dealer $45,686.50 2005 Honda Euro Lux.Auto
Given its Jan 26th, my assumption is that this vehicle is actually a 2004 built 2005 model...so effectively its a year old already.
(After my trade-in Toyota Camry SV11 10/1984 360,000kms offering a mere $500 [while Redbook and Glass's quote $800-$1800)
So tell me anyone, were any of you tempted to NOT get any extra accessories whatsoever from the dealer--instead, shopping around for those accessories at Auto shops etc. Any thoughts please.
**I appreciate there is the TIME, RESEARCH,
and COST OF GETTING WHATEVER IT IS FITTED ETC, as well as ensuring it is covered by your insurance.

Of course its an 04 build, 05 build won't be here till at least another couple of months.
My 05 model Euro was built in Nov 04, but its the compliance plate you've got to worry about...

albii
27-01-2005, 04:09 PM
dont get the dealer to fit any accesories as they will rip you off

Peekay34
27-01-2005, 05:15 PM
The dealer is right.
You are dreaming if you think you can get Accord Euro Auto for $34K
It'd be possible with manual, but way too low for auto.
Try pushing for $35.5K. That'd be very close to the best price possible.

At this price the dealer is almost making nothing on the car you would be lucky at $35.5K.

EuroAccord13
27-01-2005, 05:56 PM
My car was Jan 04 built and complied Feb 04 and delivered to me mid Feb 04... Didn't take that long... :)

wendelle52
30-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi guys

I'm your newest member and I must say that reading the info on this site helped me so much with my negotiations.
Just purchased a 2005 auto standard Euro from Ferntree Gully Honda (Victoria) through Mark. Shopped around for ages and got the best deal and best service from Mark. Ferntree Gully Honda is a great little dealership. Paid $35,000 driveaway including mats and slimline plates. Purchased at the end of the month, as suggested. I've ordered silver, but will find out Monday if there's a wait for silver and if so, may have to take graphite for quick delivery. Silver appears to be 4 weeks away and as I'm due to be a grandma (last Friday) I really need a car NOW. Hope I've made the right colour choice. We live in the mountains and don't have a garage, so this is a consideration with colour choice.
Thanks to all for your invaluable information and details supplied on this site.

cassius
30-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Hi all,

Before purchasing I trolled through this forum to find out about the Euro. Well after the wealth of knowledge from these forums and some negotiations with two dealers here in Brisbane, I managed to get a 05 Silver Accord Manual Euro for 24500 changeover with a nissan Pulsar SLX 1998 with $9000 trade ($33500 drive away). Includes mats, bonnet and headlight protectors. Car is for my wife who is over the moon. Previously we were only looking at the Mazda6 and MazdaSP23 but then thought to give the Euro a go. She loves it. Havnt yet taken delivery, but dealer recons 2 weeks.

Thankyou all to those that have posted and provided us with the information neccessary, it has been a great help.

Hipsi
07-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Just bought a Pearl White '05 6spd Luxury. Traded in a Toyo Starlet for $4250, and paid $34,000 changeover with mats included.

The salesman we had was a champion, no bullsh*t, efficient, pleasure to deal with.

wendelle52
07-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Just bought a Pearl White '05 6spd Luxury. Traded in a Toyo Starlet for $4250, and paid $34,000 changeover with mats included.

The salesman we had was a champion, no bullsh*t, efficient, pleasure to deal with.
I'm amazed at your price for the Luxury. That seems a fantastic price. Well done.
As with Cassius, I almost bought a Mazda SP23 and they wouldn't meet my price, so I went for the Honda. $3000 more than the Mazda, but I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO glad I didn't go for the SP23. The Honda leaves it for dead in every way.
I love everything about it. Next time I'll go for the Luxury, but can't see myself ever swaying from a Honda. Fords and Holdens are so tinny.

Hipsi
07-02-2005, 01:12 PM
We almost bought a Mazda 6 Lux sport, but all the Mazda dealers were painful to deal with and they weren't keen to give us a changeover of $35k which was our baseline. They suggested that we would have to pay even more for the Honda.....LOL, gotta love rubbing Honda's $34.5k changeover in their faces :D

I'm so glad we got the Honda in the end, much nicer car and resale will be much better.

stephen8512
07-02-2005, 02:10 PM

omfg
that is one awesome deal on a luxury....
so basically it was 38250......my god....
i paid 28085 after trading in avalon for 13000 for graphite luxury with mats

ixl1007
17-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Hiya Hipsi, Great price for your Euro...well done. That price is unheard of....
I bought mine for $44,500 including mats, bonnet protector, slimline visors, bumper protectors,bootlip protector, mudflaps....

Tell me Euro owners...I will be taking possession of mine next week..I want to get body moulding for the doors--protect the doors from car park idiots...who can recommend any place I can get them that looks good?

I have also had such varied responses to Car Insurance from $940+ right down to about $460...Western QBE seems the best so far $640 with the first 4 years total car replacement. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

I appreciate any help. Thanx Guys

Hipsi
17-02-2005, 11:46 AM
I pick mine up tomorrow, WOOHOO! then on Sat its off to get tint, 18's and lowered. I got a quote from Suncorp (we have our home and contents with them so get a discount) that came to something like $670 with the wheels and suspension. That included 2 year new car replacement. Allianz was the best I could find, about mid $500s. But they won't insure a lowered car.

BTW, did you get the QBE quote online or over the phone? I can't seem to find an online quote system anywhere for QBE.

ixl1007
18-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Hiya hipsi,
This Western QBE quote was over the phone and given my partculars 60% no claim etc etc...what I am liking about is the 4 year replacement, Honda's was 3 years, Alliance was 12 months...something I think is worth considering perhaps

ixl1007
20-02-2005, 07:46 PM
hey Hipsi,
I will try out Suncorp insurance. Does you policy have car contents insurance--like say your car is stolen and you had some sporting equipment or clothes etc in the car for example??
Which dealer are you getting your car from by the way?
Also, what are doing about body moulding for your car doors? Are you getting them installed? If so where and how much?

Hipsi
21-02-2005, 08:31 AM
I'll have to check the PDS for the contents, couldn't tell you off the top of my head. The car came from Bayside Honda (Cleveland, Brisbane).

Body mouldings? no thanks.....not for me.

Euro2005
21-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Tell me Euro owners...I will be taking possession of mine next week..I want to get body moulding for the doors--protect the doors from car park idiots...who can recommend any place I can get them that looks good?
I appreciate any help. Thanx Guys

Yes does any one know of anyone in Brisbane who does the body moulding for the doors and how much ?

bigdongers
01-09-2005, 03:04 AM
has anyone bought a Euro lately in Perth and can post the price they paid? Family member is after a Lux Auto with bodykit (no spoiler) and i am helping with the negioations.

Even if nobody can help with Perth prices, post away your price for car only + dealer delivery excluding stamp duty and licence costs.

MichaelW
01-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Euro Luxury Auto + tint + mats driveaway $42.5

bigdongers
01-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Euro Luxury Auto + tint + mats driveaway $42.5

now thats a cool price! was it in perth?

tknova
01-09-2005, 01:26 PM
I scored my standard 05 Euro 6sp with sunroof, fog lights, tints, floor mats, personilsed platers transfer, free hire car during servicing drive away for $36,770 (im pretty sure) . Honda made $500 on my car (I found out the dealer HAS to make $500 off my friend who used to work at honda and the dealership) and i got the sunroof, foglights, mats and all the extra options for cost price! Honda even showed me the price they pay for the car too prove it!

I went to westside honda in hoppers crossing! very good service! & i was very happy with the price.

ant234
01-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Honda even showed me the price they pay for the car too prove it!

Thats a killer price!! btw, i would not trust them with the book they show you. Normally thats the bare minimum the sales person can sell it to you... but there are still lots of $$ to be made by the dealership and Honda even at those prices!

Thats coming from a friend who is still a current sales person at Toyota... He's been selling at other dealership as well... I could be wrong through...

MichaelW
01-09-2005, 02:06 PM
now thats a cool price! was it in perth?

Melbourne. :D

Rendezvous
01-09-2005, 06:04 PM
*blows trumpet* Got my Honda Accord Euro 6MT with accord euro mats, lifetime warranty motorone tint and boot lip protector for $33500 driveaway after a couple weeks of shopping around and negotiation. got a few dealers competing for the best price

nexace
01-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks for all the info guys! :)

I just picked up my Euro-L earlier this week from Ferntree Gully Honda. Took 5 weeks but it was worth the wait. The purchase price:

Euro-L Graphite Auto
Tint - lifetime warranty
Mats
Boot Spoiler (yeah I know some of you thinks it's ugly, but it's going to help my missus with the parking) - Aftermarket
5 year Warranty
Roadside Assistance
Stamp Duty
Rego with Slimline Plates
Third Party Insurance - not required...drive away for $42,500.

Wasn't prepared to pay the price for the bodykit but the price I got quoted for the full kit (front, sides, rear skirt and rear spoiler) was around $2,200-$2,300.

Very happy with the car, since we almost went for a XT Forester or GT Liberty.

Insurance wise, went with AAMI, full comp with lifetime rating 1 @ $707 p.a.

Hope that helps! :)

spoondc2
02-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Went to Honda this afternoon and looking for a 05 Euro Lux and the dealer try to offer me $46800 and couldn't give any discount which is more than $1000 :o

May try another dealer next week to see if i have any luck, or i rather just get a BMW.

V205
02-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Not bad, pretty much the same stuff as me but I got the manual for $2k less.

You did better with the extra Honda warranty tho.

Did it take you long to get to that price?

Thanks for all the info guys! :)

I just picked up my Euro-L earlier this week from Ferntree Gully Honda. Took 5 weeks but it was worth the wait. The purchase price:

Euro-L Graphite Auto
Tint - lifetime warranty
Mats
Boot Spoiler (yeah I know some of you thinks it's ugly, but it's going to help my missus with the parking) - Aftermarket
5 year Warranty
Roadside Assistance
Stamp Duty
Rego with Slimline Plates
Third Party Insurance - not required...drive away for $42,500.

Wasn't prepared to pay the price for the bodykit but the price I got quoted for the full kit (front, sides, rear skirt and rear spoiler) was around $2,200-$2,300.

Very happy with the car, since we almost went for a XT Forester or GT Liberty.

Insurance wise, went with AAMI, full comp with lifetime rating 1 @ $707 p.a.

Hope that helps! :)

BiLL|z0r
02-09-2005, 07:20 PM
I paid $38300 for auto std in white on the road and got free loan car during servicing and full tank fuel on delivery. The free loan car is important to me as I need a car everyday for work. Sounds like some of you got some real bargains with the extra's, I couldn't even get a rear wing thown in.

PNR888
02-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Went to Honda this afternoon and looking for a 05 Euro Lux and the dealer try to offer me $46800 and couldn't give any discount which is more than $1000 :o

May try another dealer next week to see if i have any luck, or i rather just get a BMW.

Hi mate: Which stingey dealer in BNE did you go to... No discount?? :thumbdwn: that is a bit rude consider Euro is not new to the market anymore..

Try Northside Honda, one of our member here (Albii) got a std, silver manual for only $33500 on raod with Bonnet protector and floor mat and Honda bear as gift.

Don't forget to check Accord section regularly, we may have another Brisbane Euro meet/cruise soon..

nexace
02-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Not bad, pretty much the same stuff as me but I got the manual for $2k less.

You did better with the extra Honda warranty tho.

Did it take you long to get to that price?

I've been into the dealer a couple of time to get the brochures as I was deciding between the V6 or Euro. Took the missus during the one day sale, test drove the Euro and started negotiating. Probably all up, spent 2-3 hours there looking at colours, trims etc.

After picking up the car, the salesman told me there's no way they can do that price normally. And the fact that they're only allocated another 2 Euro's between now and December makes them less inclined to move on the price

But I think if the dealer has the stock available, they generally try harder to sell the vehicles.

big88w
02-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Just booked one today.. It's a graphite Euro Auto for $36300 driveaway. Should be ready to be picked up next week or so.

Other extras included:
Tow bar
Reverse sensor
Roof rack
Mat
Front & rear mud guard

Now can't wait till next week.. :-)

albii
03-09-2005, 09:50 AM
I've been into the dealer a couple of time to get the brochures as I was deciding between the V6 or Euro. Took the missus during the one day sale, test drove the Euro and started negotiating. Probably all up, spent 2-3 hours there looking at colours, trims etc.

After picking up the car, the salesman told me there's no way they can do that price normally. And the fact that they're only allocated another 2 Euro's between now and December makes them less inclined to move on the price

But I think if the dealer has the stock available, they generally try harder to sell the vehicles.
true what you say about dealer stock...mine was in stock and i got it for $33500 with mats tint and bonnet protector.

spoondc2
05-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Hi mate: Which stingey dealer in BNE did you go to... No discount?? :thumbdwn: that is a bit rude consider Euro is not new to the market anymore..

Try Northside Honda, one of our member here (Albii) got a std, silver manual for only $33500 on raod with Bonnet protector and floor mat and Honda bear as gift.

Don't forget to check Accord section regularly, we may have another Brisbane Euro meet/cruise soon..

Highway Honda.......... :thumbdwn: I used to buy the Hondas from them cos i've bought 3 hondas from them before and i reckon i may have some discount or shit but since that the sales i've deal with before left already so there is someone else who serve me :thumbdwn:

I will go to Northside Honda this week and try my luck, i think it will be more easier to negotiate without doing a trade

anyway, where is Northside Honda? Do you think i should sell my renault in Northside Renault and take the cash to chat with Honda? or i just bring the renault and ask Honda to trade?

X8TEENX
05-09-2005, 01:19 AM
i pay 39200 drive aways...but is 1 year ago...sounds not bad for it...

UNLS1
05-09-2005, 10:12 AM
This is a great read indeed! Some intersting deals, some lots of profit to dealer deals and some awsome deals!

Just remember everytime i get asked how much is a Euro i give the full RRP! i never give my best price over the phone and i only will if the customer comes in! Then i will do everything i can to get the best price i can....

If any of u need help with pricing let me know, even if ur interstate! Ive helped a few of u get a good idea on good prices and ive even sold a few of u cars too!

Good luck
James.

remixed02
05-09-2005, 10:31 AM
I got my BLK STD EURO MT 05 for $33000 drive away when Honda were having that one day sale. That was from Rockdale Honda NSW. Very happy with my purchase. My local dealer at Larke Hoskins Roseberry NSW was a complete a$$!

It started like this, my g/f and I test drove a Liberty 2.5 and we loved it but I promised my mate that I would test drive a Euro coz he said I would be sold on the vtec. I value my mates opinion plus the fact that I know stuff all about cars, engines blah blah so I went to Roseberry Honda. I went in and had a look around then waited for some service for approx 5mins (Which seemed more like 20mins for some reason) I had a couple of salesman that I knew where free look at us then glance away so we ended up going to the receptionist to ask to see somone. She looked angry that we interupted her phone conversation but she called one of the salesman that seemed to be ignoring us. So he comes over and by this time I'm a little pissed off but I keep my cool and try to sympathise that he may just be busy as it's a big sales day. So not wanting to waste his time I straight up tell him that I have the money to buy the euro on the spot and that all I want is a test drive. The salesman tells me "Sorry but you have to take the car as is". WTF?! I'm kinda left a bit stunned & confused at what he said so I thank him for his time and walk out muttering nasty words at him under my breath. So after Roseberry Honda completely wasted my time I pretty much turned my back on Honda in general and made my way back to the dealership where the Subaru was to go and buy it. While making my way there I was thinking all kinds of crazy stuff like doing burnouts in front of the Honda dealership once I picked up the Sub hahaha crazy I know but that's how angry it made me. As fate would have it and also my luck for that matter by the time I got back to the Subaru dealership...yeah that's right, it had been sold. All this in the space of an hour. So now I'm totally pissed and ready to make a formal complaint to Honda. Anyways after a substantial amount of time to cool down and about 10 phone calls of reassurance from my mate telling me not to give up on the Euro, my mate tells my that at the very least I still have to take a Euro for a test drive. Luckily the next day the Honda sale was still on so I went over to Rockdale Honda, spoke to a great guy called Matt, he took me for a lengthy test drive and the rest is history. I'm very happy with the Euro purchase even after the whole experience.

I'm not much of a bargining man but I tired to get the price even lower than 33K drive away. Thinking back on it if I played my cards right I reckon that I could've got the fogs chucked in for free or something similar. The salemans was great but then again I guess anyone is great compared to that salesman at Larke Hoskin Roseberry. I ended up getting mats, full tank plus extended warranty and road side assistance. Also thinking back I wish that I kicked up a stink at Roseberry but then again wishing is for suckers.

Anyways hope this helps.

UNLS1
05-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Good read there....i love reading feed back like that! Its good to learn more and see things from the customers point of view....salesman like that make me so angry as they give the good ones a bad name!

I dont care if my customers rock up with thongs on and ripped shirt driving a datsun 120y, the all get the same quality service and respect! I treat them like they have $500,000k to spend! even if its just on a jazz too!

PNR888
05-09-2005, 02:19 PM
remixed02:

$33000 with Free mats, 5yr extended warranty + Fuel.. what a super bargain... one of the best Euro deal! Good on ya mate!

nexace
05-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Good read there....i love reading feed back like that! Its good to learn more and see things from the customers point of view....salesman like that make me so angry as they give the good ones a bad name!

I dont care if my customers rock up with thongs on and ripped shirt driving a datsun 120y, the all get the same quality service and respect! I treat them like they have $500,000k to spend! even if its just on a jazz too!

James: I wish I had read this thread before I bought my Euro. But we'll come and see you when we upgrade our CRV! Maybe to a newer model or an MDX! :wave:

ZYL11A
06-09-2005, 10:04 AM
I did the deal for my black Euro luxury 2 weeks ago and unfortunately I have to wait till mid october for it to be delivered. I managed to pick it up for $44,500 on road with:

-Sat Nav
-Mats
-Luggage tray protector
-Boot lip protector
-Euro plates
-Auto
-Paint protection
-Enviroshield
-Underbody sound deadning

PNR888
12-02-2006, 11:00 PM
My friend just signed a MY06 Euro Lux Auto RED yesterday at Southside Honda Brisbane, with floor mats, tints, skirts all around (no boot spoiler).. for $45000. Not the best deal around, as last time he bought a car was 11 years ago.

invertiga
13-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I paid $34,000 for std man on road including, mats, headlamp protectors & darkest street legal tint.

JeffyG
13-02-2006, 12:32 PM
I worry that we paid too much...

In June last year (2005) we got a new Euro Lux Auto in Graphite, with Spoiler, Genuine towbar, Tints and Mats for $44 200. No trade in, non-stock item.

Impulse buy though.

tdl
13-02-2006, 08:44 PM
I was wondering what is a good/appropriate price to pay for the following:

2006 Accord Euro Luxury
- Manual
- Sat Nav
- Parking Sensors
- Tinted Windows
- Mats

Pre discounting/negotiations I was quoted around $50.6K

UNLS1
14-02-2006, 08:42 AM
u will be able to get it well under 50k....i cant spill the beans though! :D

We have one on our showroom floor....

OHHHH our new civic just got driven off the truck how good....

lol good luck with ur purchase....if ur in melb PM me :D

jamchen
14-02-2006, 12:08 PM
I was wondering what is a good/appropriate price to pay for the following:

2006 Accord Euro Luxury
- Manual
- Sat Nav
- Parking Sensors
- Tinted Windows
- Mats

Pre discounting/negotiations I was quoted around $50.6K
50.6k is more like drive away for auto lux with sat nav..
IMO... u can save at least 500 + for taking ur sensors installled else where...
we got our milano red euro with sat nav on 29th dec last year from UNLS1... and that's with mats and 5 yr warrenty..
PM me if u wanna know the $

TypeG
14-02-2006, 01:24 PM
but dun think there will be any 5 yrs warranty promotion anymore

Catcha
14-02-2006, 01:35 PM
but dun think there will be any 5 yrs warranty promotion anymore

Promotion or not , its up to dealers discretion if they want to sweeten the deal or not. doesn't have to be a promotion to offer 5 years extended warranty, they can offer it anytime.

tdl
14-02-2006, 06:49 PM
thanks for the replies...im guessing $47 to 48 may be feasible

primetimex
15-02-2006, 05:54 PM
I was in the same situation as Slugoid - got my Euro very early on back in Sept 03 - there was a shortage of Euro's when they first came out so I guess dealers have the upper hand there. Either you wait for at least 2 months or in my case there was a 5AT Black Euro Lux on the way for $47k onroad so I just had to snag that one!!!!

Meh...

I remember getting a quote for my 5AT Euro luxury. $46,700 on road with nothing.

Traded in a 93' Volvo 940GL for...I think $10K or so. Ended up getting it for $36K. This was in November 03 when hardly anyone had a Euro, and for that price, it would have been hard to resist. I guess they had the luxury to sell it close to full price then cos the closest competitor was the Mazda6 (haha) and the new Liberty wasn't due yet.

boleh
16-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Whichever dealer you go to, avoid this Ga*** Wa**** if you happen to reside in Melbourne. The attitude of their salesmen was downright :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

aaronx88
16-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Promotion or not , its up to dealers discretion if they want to sweeten the deal or not. doesn't have to be a promotion to offer 5 years extended warranty, they can offer it anytime.

When I service my car at Courtney and Patterson in Melb, I read somewhere that if you bought the car and service it in Courtney and Patterson, you get extended warranty.

Catcha
16-02-2006, 10:33 PM
When I service my car at Courtney and Patterson in Melb, I read somewhere that if you bought the car and service it in Courtney and Patterson, you get extended warranty.

Sorry i'm not sure what you mean, just cause you service you car there u get extended warranty ?

What i'm trying to say is when you eg: buying a new car, it comes standards with 3 years warranty right, so obviously a buyer would want all the goodies they can get. And if someone can get the extended 2 years its worth like $300 something for free why not. or they can offer it as a promo or they can just leave it and do nothing and give you free mats instead.
If you don't take up the offer at the start when you car is about to run out of factory warranty you could extended it and pay the money or bargin with them on price.

My pervious question to Type G was it does not have be a promotion for them to offer you extended warranty, you bargining skills can also get you good deals including free extended warranty.

albii
16-02-2006, 10:56 PM
well at least i understood it...
and its $795 not $300 for the extended warranty.

Omotesando
17-02-2006, 01:18 AM
well at least i understood it...
and its $795 not $300 for the extended warranty.

That is true, but it is actually negotiable :)

Everytime we get the extended warranty, and we usually only get this during the 3rd year, we ask for around $100-150 discount :)

UNLS1
17-02-2006, 08:18 AM

We can offer a courtney & Patterson extended warranty but this is NOT the Honda extended warranty with road side assist!

Ours starts after the honda 3 year one and takes it to 6 years 175,000k's...
Its very good and we dont charge for it :D
Thats why our service dept is ranked number 1 in Vic :D

jamchen
17-02-2006, 08:23 AM
well... there are two types of extended warrenty.. i remembered once that eastern honda was promoting similar thing and when i enquired they said under any circumstances u have to have ur car services at their service deaprtment or other wise the warrenty will be void...
so i guess there's a HONDA extended warrenty and DEALER extended warrenty

ca6leguy
17-02-2006, 06:17 PM
You can get extended warranty which covers everything the factory covers for about $1000 from insurance company. But you will need to get it through the dealer. The good thing is that you can decide if you want to pay the extra before the orginal 3 years factory varranty expires.

MiSloVic
17-02-2006, 10:57 PM
well... there are two types of extended warrenty.. i remembered once that eastern honda was promoting similar thing and when i enquired they said under any circumstances u have to have ur car services at their service deaprtment or other wise the warrenty will be void...
so i guess there's a HONDA extended warrenty and DEALER extended warrenty

yeap, and too add, the dealer extended warranty is typically very restrictive, you need to have your car serviced at their workshops, and not others, once any other workshops touch your car, they can void the entire warranty. just imagine, if you were to drive from Melbourne to sydney, and need your car serviced at sydney due to some problems, good luck to your dealer extended warranty..

it will be better to check with the dealer for a full details.. some offer very basic (and i mean very very basic) coverage for parts which wont spoilt 99% of the time or even if they spoil, no typical owners will ever notice.. eg: stuffs like your transmission boot cover only, while the major internal parts are not covered; engine block, while valves and other parts are not.

Omotesando
18-02-2006, 12:30 AM
yeap, and too add, the dealer extended warranty is typically very restrictive, you need to have your car serviced at their workshops, and not others, once any other workshops touch your car, they can void the entire warranty. just imagine, if you were to drive from Melbourne to sydney, and need your car serviced at sydney due to some problems, good luck to your dealer extended warranty..

it will be better to check with the dealer for a full details.. some offer very basic (and i mean very very basic) coverage for parts which wont spoilt 99% of the time or even if they spoil, no typical owners will ever notice.. eg: stuffs like your transmission boot cover only, while the major internal parts are not covered; engine block, while valves and other parts are not.

This raises a very good question.

What exactly does the Service Dealer's Extended Warranty offer us - possibly things that might be missing from the Honda Extended Warranty one?

K24A
18-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Hi guys

you could get a brand new 06 model standard for around 36k

UNLS1
18-02-2006, 10:07 AM
you could get a brand new 06 model standard for around 36k

possibly...if ur in melb pm me

BiLL|z0r
18-02-2006, 10:09 AM
$39K is over rrp (unless your onroads are more than qld). Is that with any extras?

My ticket price was $38.3K without any haggling. That was for an '05 Std Auto & with haggling I got a few more hundred off the price, a full tank of fuel (worth about $70 these days) and a free loan cars from the sales dept each service. Since they are sales dept cars I get demo Intrega's and such if/when available.

I bought at the wrong time though as I needed a new car asap and they had the exact car I wanted in stock ready to go. I bought start to middle of month, between year ends and with plenty of stock available so not ready ideal buying conditions.

random804
18-02-2006, 10:09 PM
HOORAY!!!!

i finally got my euro...well, sort of, i have to wait for delivery...

walked away with a good deal today though...i don't think u guys are being persistent enough, u have to show them u're interested, but also show u're not gonna put up with their bullshit...

i got my 06 standard manual for $32,500 driveaway! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

been looking at the 06 euro's for a month now, letting them know of my presence...i know how exciting it is goin to buy a new car, but i think with patience u can get a good deal! lol...

but yeh...they said 4-6weeks till it comes...they don't have any graphite manual euros here atm, only a black one which i didn't want...

how long did it take to arrive for you guys?

ngupil
19-02-2006, 12:01 AM
I paid $35k for euro standard auto with metallic paint (coz mine is silver).

When I paid the deposit for my car, the dealer said that it will be 2-3 weeks. after 2-3 weeks of anxious wait, they said i have to wait for another 2-3 weeks, which at the time quite pi$sed me off, but it was still acceptable. after another 2-3 weeks, i called the dealer again, they said they still dont know when i can get my car because the car just arrived in australia, and still at the holding yard. when i heard the dealer said that, i went completely berserk. i scold the sales person the one that i dealt with, and to the guys in honda australia. the next day, the car arrives in the dealer, and the day after that the car is ready to be picked up :)

Omotesando
19-02-2006, 02:19 AM
I paid $35k for euro standard auto with metallic paint (coz mine is silver).

When I paid the deposit for my car, the dealer said that it will be 2-3 weeks. after 2-3 weeks of anxious wait, they said i have to wait for another 2-3 weeks, which at the time quite pi$sed me off, but it was still acceptable. after another 2-3 weeks, i called the dealer again, they said they still dont know when i can get my car because the car just arrived in australia, and still at the holding yard. when i heard the dealer said that, i went completely berserk. i scold the sales person the one that i dealt with, and to the guys in honda australia. the next day, the car arrives in the dealer, and the day after that the car is ready to be picked up :)

Like that attitude. I hate it when they know they have you on contract already and think they could stuff you around.

There is no way that in the 21st Century with everything computerised fully, where exactly the car is at any moment, plus or minus may be a week max I would imagine. Not like 2-3 weeks a couple of times :(

tknova
19-02-2006, 08:29 AM
I paid $36.5k for an 05 Euro Std Manual with sunroof, front fog lights, free hire car & tinted windows, and my personalized plates transferred.

Without all the extras it was around $33.1k driveaway.

Mouzie
20-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi,

I bought my Euro Luxury for $49,900.

It included:
Satellite Navigation, rear parking sensors, tinted windows, paint protection, leather protection, spoiler and mats.

How did I fare?

Regards,
Paul

ngupil
20-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi,

I bought my Euro Luxury for $49,900.

It included:
Satellite Navigation, rear parking sensors, tinted windows, paint protection, leather protection, spoiler and mats.

How did I fare?

Regards,
Paul

On the international motorshow, i went to the honda stand. i asked the price of honda luxury with sat nav. the guy that i spoke to was from honda australia, and he said that i can get it for something around $45k or less drive away with no option. but i forgot to ask whether it is manual or auto

aaronx88
20-02-2006, 11:46 PM
HOORAY!!!!

i got my 06 standard manual for $32,500 driveaway! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very good deal. Which state you bought the car?

godamit
21-02-2006, 10:35 AM
i wish i had found this web b4 I bought my honda euro standard.

got it at 34800 drive away in sydney.

Think i have been ripped off?

:(

PNR888
21-02-2006, 10:56 AM
i wish i had found this web b4 I bought my honda euro standard.

got it at 34800 drive away in sydney.

Think i have been ripped off?

:(
godamit, is yours Auto or manual?? any accessory comes with the car?

godamit
21-02-2006, 11:41 AM
manual.

only tints, mats n premium plates.

random804
21-02-2006, 12:45 PM
which dealership did u buy it from in sydney?

i got mine without mats or tints though...

btw, just out of curiosity, those who bought in NSW....if u got those premium plates (the thin white number plates), how does it fit on the front bumper?

i mean, they fixed the oversized number plate holder on the 2005 models, but i saw an 06 one at the dealer with the white number plate, but the number plate holder was bigger (the size of the yellow number plates - that is, it fits the yellow plates perfectly, but the white ones are thinner so yeh)...

so i was just wondering if we get a smaller number plate holder if we got the white number plates? or if it's possible to change the number plate holder - eg. with the clear plastic holders that we can get at repco...

godamit
21-02-2006, 01:18 PM
which dealership did u buy it from in sydney?

i got mine without mats or tints though...

btw, just out of curiosity, those who bought in NSW....if u got those premium plates (the thin white number plates), how does it fit on the front bumper?

i mean, they fixed the oversized number plate holder on the 2005 models, but i saw an 06 one at the dealer with the white number plate, but the number plate holder was bigger (the size of the yellow number plates - that is, it fits the yellow plates perfectly, but the white ones are thinner so yeh)...

so i was just wondering if we get a smaller number plate holder if we got the white number plates? or if it's possible to change the number plate holder - eg. with the clear plastic holders that we can get at repco...

who did u get it from?

got mine from La**e Hos**n.

yumcha
21-02-2006, 03:30 PM
hi guys
just picked up our new MY06 auto black euro luxury
with sat nav, mats, rear spolier, premium plates
for under $46k
very happy with the car :D

aaronng
21-02-2006, 03:34 PM
hi guys
just picked up our new MY06 auto black euro luxury
with sat nav, mats, rear spolier, premium plates
for under $46k
very happy with the car :D
That's a very good price! Where did you get it from?

yumcha
21-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Larke Hoskins Homebush
dealed with Alan Lam
who sold us our first accord back in 99
hence why he gave us a good discount :thumbsup:

jamchen
21-02-2006, 06:08 PM
that's a really good p...
we got ours last yr ( 06 model with sat nav) for similar $ ( 46800) with mats and 5 yr warrenty...

Gaurav
03-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Hi

I'm looking to buy a new Accord Euro Luxury w/mats, rear spoiler and 5yr warranty EITHER with or withour SATNAV. How much do you think I should be paying in today's market (driveaway)?

Also, I'm based in Sydney. Any dealers anyone can recommend?

stalin
03-03-2006, 01:02 AM
most likely somwhere between 43-45k , as the base automatic driveaway is 39 driveaway..i know a good friend of mine who can do you a good deal let me know how serious you are in buying and i'l have him call you or you can go visit him..

big88w
03-03-2006, 01:58 AM
most likely somwhere between 43-45k , as the base automatic driveaway is 39 driveaway..i know a good friend of mine who can do you a good deal let me know how serious you are in buying and i'l have him call you or you can go visit him..

Wohoo.. you serious? I'll PM you.. :thumbsup:

Gaurav
03-03-2006, 08:44 AM

Hi stalin,

I'm very serious about getting the Euro. I'm always been a Honda man. Look, I do also have Liberty on the mind, as you would, but 99.9% I'll get a Euro!

If I can the config I posted with Satnav for 43-45k, well that'll just about do me.

If you can PM me your friend's details, and let him know I'll definately pay him a visit, you are legend!!

Edit: PM sent my contact details!

Regards,
Gaurav (That's my name BTW!)

K24A
03-03-2006, 03:56 PM
go to rick damelian.. u can get a gud deal from de

blyl
07-03-2006, 04:52 PM
hi, do u think is worth it for the euro limited edition for 39000

aaronng
07-03-2006, 08:45 PM
hi, do u think is worth it for the euro limited edition for 39000
If it is the auto, then yeah. If it is the manual, then I guess it is alright as well as the RRP is already $37,500. Ask for all the mats, tints, boot protectors and extras to be thrown in for that $39,000. Then it'll be ok.

b23
08-03-2006, 01:16 AM
If it is the auto, then yeah. If it is the manual, then I guess it is alright as well as the RRP is already $37,500. Ask for all the mats, tints, boot protectors and extras to be thrown in for that $39,000. Then it'll be ok.
cool, ya is a auto, however is 05 biult and com on the 02/06, will that affect the resale

BiLL|z0r
08-03-2006, 06:12 AM
It will to a certain extent but how long do you plan on keeping the car? If it's short term then more so, but if it's for 8 or more yrs then no.

Blk-Em1
08-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Best time to buy from a dealer is the last week of each month as they are trying to make their sales quota's or trying to get their numbers before the end of the month. So i recommend going at the end of the month.

aaronng
08-03-2006, 09:36 AM
cool, ya is a auto, however is 05 biult and com on the 02/06, will that affect the resale
When you resell, you'll resell it as an 05. But since it is the Euro Sport, it should have a premium over the regular Euros in resale paices (if the buyer knows what he wants that is).

corn_flakes
08-03-2006, 11:02 AM
i just picked up my std euro yesterday....i signed the contract about 2.5 weeks ago, so i'm happy i got it now...

build date is jan 2006....stamped 02/06.... :thumbsup:

planning to keep my euro for at least 4-5yrs anyway...

EDIT: keeping on topic, i got my euro for $34,000 driveaway with free mats and tints....'06 standard euro, manual....in graphite

albii
08-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Best time to buy from a dealer is the last week of each month as they are trying to make their sales quota's or trying to get their numbers before the end of the month. So i recommend going at the end of the month.
i wouldnt agree with that..i went mid month and got a great deal on my euro and start of month with my ute..
when its near the end of month they may have already made their quota or they know they will but, if you go start of month or mid month they have no idea if they will make it.
imo..you need to be a good talker and know what you want and how much you are gonna pay..
the only people getting the good deals are the ones that do their research like on ozhonda before they commit to buying a car at a certain price.
that way you know you are getting a good deal.

Catcha
08-03-2006, 04:14 PM
i wouldnt agree with that..i went mid month and got a great deal on my euro and start of month with my ute..
when its near the end of month they may have already made their quota or they know they will but, if you go start of month or mid month they have no idea if they will make it.
imo..you need to be a good talker and know what you want and how much you are gonna pay..
the only people getting the good deals are the ones that do their research like on ozhonda before they commit to buying a car at a certain price.
that way you know you are getting a good deal.

Making quotas does not mean they stop selling or don't bother to give good deals. Sales people are there to make money exceeding there targets. You buying at mid month you probably could of got a better deal. Most if not all people on car sites that give you buying tips recommend buying cars end of financial year and end of month or if you not fussed about build date runout sales.
I use to sell cars and well even if i met my quota if you exceed it you get more commission, its only the lazy buggers that don't care or don't want the sell is when you won't get a good deal at the end of the month.
But buying at the end of the month doesn't factor in if you know someone then you can buy at anytime of the month and you alway get a good deal.:D

EuroDude
16-03-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm planning on getting:

06 Euro Standard Manual (base $33500)
Floor mats
Front under lip
Rear Under Lip
Side Skirts
rear parking sensor
Tints
White number plates

Think I can get this for $35000 drive away?

albii
16-03-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm planning on getting:

06 Euro Standard Manual (base $33500)
Floor mats
Front under lip
Rear Under Lip
Side Skirts
rear parking sensor
Tints
White number plates

Think I can get this for $35000 drive away?
that would be a pretty good deal mate.

albii
16-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Making quotas does not mean they stop selling or don't bother to give good deals. Sales people are there to make money exceeding there targets. You buying at mid month you probably could of got a better deal. Most if not all people on car sites that give you buying tips recommend buying cars end of financial year and end of month or if you not fussed about build date runout sales.
I use to sell cars and well even if i met my quota if you exceed it you get more commission, its only the lazy buggers that don't care or don't want the sell is when you won't get a good deal at the end of the month.
But buying at the end of the month doesn't factor in if you know someone then you can buy at anytime of the month and you alway get a good deal.:D
i never said they stop selling or dont bother to give good deals..
i said that they are unsure about reaching their targets at beginning or mid month so they are much more motivated than ever at that time...
imo end of financial year yes but end of month no...
just think about it..car yard is always full at end of month because people think its the best time to buy and you as one of many people there become less of a priority because they are very busy....am i making sense??

EuroDude
16-03-2006, 03:23 PM
that would be a pretty good deal mate.

hmm too good to be true?

Maybe $36000 instead or something?

invertiga
16-03-2006, 03:29 PM
underbody kit is expensive, 36 is more realistic, good luck though :D

EuroDude
16-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Crud I may do without the underbody kit then.

It would be nice if Honda Aus put the prices of the accessories on their website.

albii
16-03-2006, 03:39 PM
hmm too good to be true?

Maybe $36000 instead or something?
na not really...i got mine for $33500 with tint mats and bonnet protector and that was in 04 when they were still $34250 plus dealer delivery and on roads..plus accessories.

Catcha
16-03-2006, 03:45 PM
i never said they stop selling or dont bother to give good deals..
i said that they are unsure about reaching their targets at beginning or mid month so they are much more motivated than ever at that time...
imo end of financial year yes but end of month no...
just think about it..car yard is always full at end of month because people think its the best time to buy and you as one of many people there become less of a priority because they are very busy....am i making sense??

I get what you saying but incentives are always to push for a better deal there. eg my comission basis back then was you sell 10 cars per month you get 10% so 1% for each car of the margin of the profit.So lets say in Feb 2006 you sell 10 cars in month.
In march whatever car you sell for you will get 10% of the margin.

EG cost of a Euro standard is 31g but you sell it for 33g driveaway you get margin is 2g so you get $200 bucks for that car and the list goes on.

But if you sold for15 cars in march. In April you be on 15% so the 2g margin you be making extra $300

But they could sell 20 cars and make only $50 buck on each car but the percentage is carried over till next month thats when they really clamp up and make sure they can sqeeze every penny from you 20% of 2g is like $400 each car. They could give you a really good deal and boost up the figures. But selling cars down in Sydney and melboune is so competitive i'm sure if you went anytime you be able to play off dealers with each other can get the best deal

Priority or not if one dealership can't serve you don't you just simply go to another one ? thats why people book for test drives and if you really serious a deal can be done anytime

EuroDude
16-03-2006, 04:02 PM
na not really...i got mine for $33500 with tint mats and bonnet protector and that was in 04 when they were still $34250 plus dealer delivery and on roads..plus accessories.

I see, well i'll see how I go. :thumbsup:

EuroDude
17-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Well I submitted to CarBroker.com.au so hopefully they can get what I want for $35000 except for the rear sensor (which I can install myself aftermarket if I want).

ps. They call it MY2006, is that the model number (MY)? Like EK or EG?

Tobster
17-03-2006, 08:38 AM
They call it MY2006, is that the model number (MY)? Like EK or EG?
MY2006 = manufactured year 2006 (or something to that effect)

It just means it's the 2006 model...

Otherwise, it's a CL9...

EuroDude
17-03-2006, 08:49 AM
ah ok thx for clearing that up.

EuroDude
17-03-2006, 05:57 PM
w00t getting my Black MY06 Euro Std for $34699 Drive away, delivered in one week. (Would have had to wait 3 weeks for a Graphite one)

Accessories:
-Window Tinting
-Genuine Carpet Mats - Front and Rear
-Premium Plates
-Rear Under lip

I used carbroker.com.au - so no haggling and running around gathering quotes :thumbsup:

Good deal u think?

hondarox
17-03-2006, 07:48 PM
w00t getting my Black MY06 Euro Std for $34669 Drive away, delivered in one week. (Would have had to wait 3 weeks for a Graphite one)

Accessories:
-Window Tinting
-Premium Plates
-Rear Under lip

I used carbroker.com.au - so no haggling and running around gathering quotes :thumbsup:

Good deal u think?

If that's the price for an auto, it's great. How much did Carbroker charge for the service?

albii
17-03-2006, 07:49 PM
w00t getting my Black MY06 Euro Std for $34669 Drive away, delivered in one week. (Would have had to wait 3 weeks for a Graphite one)

Accessories:
-Window Tinting
-Premium Plates
-Rear Under lip

Good deal u think?
i've seen worse deals on a standard....but i've also seen and got better..

EuroAccord13
17-03-2006, 07:51 PM
OT: But... Man! This thread has been constantly active for the last year since it was first posted!!!

Well done and Kudos to all those who use the SEARCH function :D

EuroDude
17-03-2006, 07:58 PM
If that's the price for an auto, it's great. How much did Carbroker charge for the service?

erm, no its a manual. But nevertheless I'm ok with the price.

Carbroker charges an initial fee of $35, then if you accept their quotation they charge $400 which is actually included in the quoted price of the car.

Plus they nab $1000 off you until you pay for the car. They then refund the $1000.

So I really got the car for $34234 + $435

Gaurav
27-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi all,

I just bought a Accord Euro Luxury Automatic with:
- Metallic paint
- Satnav
- Boot Spoiler
- 5yr Honda Warranty
- Mats
- Tinting
- Premium Plates

I am in NSW and got this for $46.5k driveaway. It's an 06 built and complied car and will be ordered for me. I could've got an 05 built for $45.5k!

How did I fare??

corn_flakes
27-03-2006, 10:52 AM
haha yeh, funny how the price is so different with 05 and 06 built cars....

i really couldn't give a crap when i bought my euro....

but luckily, when i picked it up 3 weeks ago, it was built in jan 06, and stamped in feb 06.... :D

quite nice...it got from japan to aust within a month... :thumbsup:

i think that's one of the good things with hondas....i recall hearing how those european cars, incl the astras and vectras, take months just to get into aust....correct me if i'm wrong....

but i reckon that sucks ass!

BusterSonic12
27-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Hey, :wave:
from Sydney just placed my deposit on the
Accord Euro Luxury, Automatic :)
+ GPS Satellite Navigation
+ 5yr Honda Warranty
+ Windows Tinting
+ Metallic Paint (Graphite)
+ Floor Mats

$46,500 :thumbsup: i reckon ^.^

But, got a question. I am getting personalised no. plates.
Do you think the Bright Red Style plate will look good on a Graphite Euro??
http://ols2.rta.nsw.gov.au/myPlates/olpsChoosePlates.do?action=yourChoice

Chris_F
27-03-2006, 05:55 PM
sounds like a nice deal buster... personally i wouldnt go for red but that would still look prety good, something different to the usual black and white like i got.

Gaurav
27-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey, :wave:
from Sydney just placed my deposit on the
Accord Euro Luxury, Automatic :)
+ GPS Satellite Navigation
+ 5yr Honda Warranty
+ Windows Tinting
+ Metallic Paint (Graphite)
+ Floor Mats

$46,500 :thumbsup: i reckon ^.^

But, got a question. I am getting personalised no. plates.
Do you think the Bright Red Style plate will look good on a Graphite Euro??
http://ols2.rta.nsw.gov.au/myPlates/olpsChoosePlates.do?action=yourChoice

Hey you got the same deal as me, except I got the alloy pedals and boot spoiler ;)

Personally, I would go for "black on silver" for my car :thumbsup:

raz05
27-03-2006, 08:46 PM
I would go silver on black or black on silver
BTW when i bought my euro 2 yrs ago I paid $36500 for a std MT Euro.
damn.......

Chris_F
27-03-2006, 08:52 PM
similar price to me man.. dont feel too bad haha

raz05
27-03-2006, 09:03 PM
at least this me feel better.....haha

BusterSonic12
27-03-2006, 09:07 PM
The one i was thinking about cost too much, $470 per year. "LTEURO"
so now thinking about the 90 per year one. "TIU 89L" with white background ;)

Hey you got the same deal as me, except I got the alloy pedals and boot spoiler ;)

Personally, I would go for "black on silver" for my car :thumbsup:

pepelepew
29-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Hello everyone, my first post and yeah I found this site when searching for driveaway prices on the Euro.

Salesman must have a much harder time since the advent of the net. Old days, walk in, they'd screw you over, and you walk out feeling good about yourself. :)

New days, know where the baseline is and get as close as you can to it :)

Anyways....its the Euro Sport thats caught my interest. Im due to change cards in June/July so Im doing the footwork now. Dont know what sort of delivery times you guys are seeing?

My other question is is it worthwhile going the Sport or optioning up the standard? Always worry about models like this as it seems to make sales guys more bullish on discounting. Kinda annoying too the Sport doesnt come in black.

To be honest I wasnt even thinking options but some of the prices in this thread have made me think twice...mmmm...sunroof...mmmmm...kit....mmm :)

Any feedback appreciated including decent contacts in Adelaide. Doesnt seem to be a lot of mention of Adelaide in here and so far the contact I've had with dealers has been pretty 'uninterested'. You know that sort of salesguy that seems to treat you like a piece of annoying crap between his teeth?

primetimex
29-03-2006, 10:57 AM
pepelepew, I've just signed up to get a 2006 Euro Lux here in Perth in Graphite and I had the dealer swap over the 9 spoke rims for the Euro Sport rims! as well as throw in a Spoiler as well in the deal! This will give you a new Euro with sunroof and all the electronic improvements and you can have it in black too - the only thing you have to live with is the outstanding chrome grille for the Euro 06!!!

I've just been informed here that I need to wait about a month or so before I get the car - which is about the same as when I first got my 2003 Euro 3 years ago....

jamchen
29-03-2006, 04:38 PM
pepelepew, I've just signed up to get a 2006 Euro Lux here in Perth in Graphite and I had the dealer swap over the 9 spoke rims for the Euro Sport rims! as well as throw in a Spoiler as well in the deal! This will give you a new Euro with sunroof and all the electronic improvements and you can have it in black too - the only thing you have to live with is the outstanding chrome grille for the Euro 06!!!

I've just been informed here that I need to wait about a month or so before I get the car - which is about the same as when I first got my 2003 Euro 3 years ago....

IMO, i think the 06's rims look better than the previous 05's.. for some reason...
we have a bright milano red euro with sat nav, delivered in 29th dec last yr which made it 05 built ( i know it kills u for resale... but dun really think we r going to sell in the near future)...
but under bright sun, the grills really shine out and u easily get attentions from people pass u :thumbsup:
well... 46800 were our droveaway price with 5 yr warrenty, mats, ( and few nice rings and flags :zip: )

EuroBro
29-03-2006, 05:55 PM
I paid full retail coz I traded my Integra Type S for a black Euro Lux Nav 6 SP tint and mats. Nav is really, really, really good!!! and worth every cent.

My checkout price was $48,500. Worth it because it's much cheaper than a Beemer and looks a hella lot better!

primetimex
29-03-2006, 06:31 PM
I paid full retail coz I traded my Integra Type S for a black Euro Lux Nav 6 SP tint and mats. Nav is really, really, really good!!! and worth every cent.

My checkout price was $48,500. Worth it because it's much cheaper than a Beemer and looks a hella lot better!

Wow, really??!!! You've traded in a Integra Type S for a Euro?

Any modifications that was made from the stock 2006 Euro?

I was seriously considering the Type S but practicality won over in the end!

jamchen
29-03-2006, 06:33 PM
48,600 for manual lux? guess u were so kind to the salesperson...
but yeah i agree on the Navi, its one of the best i've ever encountered... its even work fine when there's no GPS reception like if u r in the tunnel coz it uses the wheels and speed to estimate ur location... it is really good

EuroBro
30-03-2006, 06:38 AM
Wow, really??!!! You've traded in a Integra Type S for a Euro?

Any modifications that was made from the stock 2006 Euro?

I was seriously considering the Type S but practicality won over in the end!

No mods yet - but looking at ways to make 2nd gear better.

I am having my 3rd child soon - so the teggie had to go and will be sorely missed! :(

What are the best bang-for-bucks mods with the Euro???

primetimex
30-03-2006, 10:56 AM
No mods yet - but looking at ways to make 2nd gear better.

I am having my 3rd child soon - so the teggie had to go and will be sorely missed! :(

What are the best bang-for-bucks mods with the Euro???

I don't know much about aftermarket mods for the Euro but with the 2006 Euro as I've mentioned I've swapped the stock 2006 9 spoke rims with the sport ones and also got a Euro spoiler thrown in the deal - nothing drastic I know but they don't cost a lot either as part of trade in

YouRow
31-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Paid 37k on road drive away for my 06 Euro Auto Standard with driving lights, rear spoiler, headlight & bonnet protectors, mats, UV tint, paint, fabric & rust protection and extended warranty with roadside assist.

PNR888
01-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Paid 37k on road drive away for my 06 Euro Auto Standard with driving lights, rear spoiler, headlight & bonnet protectors, mats, UV tint, paint, fabric & rust protection and extended warranty with roadside assist.

Which Dealership did you get yours from?
with this price, I am assuming your Euro has manual transmission?

Mini-Euro
01-04-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm in the similar situation as pepelepew i'll be trading in my Mini Cooper 2002 for a honda accord euro lux auto in about june/july.

Does pearl white come with black interior or only in beige interior? if it can be in black i'll go for the white/black combo

what the price for front,back,side skirts?

anyways i'm in Sydney. How much would i be looking at paying on top of the trade in?

Hello everyone, my first post and yeah I found this site when searching for driveaway prices on the Euro.

Salesman must have a much harder time since the advent of the net. Old days, walk in, they'd screw you over, and you walk out feeling good about yourself. :)

New days, know where the baseline is and get as close as you can to it :)

Anyways....its the Euro Sport thats caught my interest. Im due to change cards in June/July so Im doing the footwork now. Dont know what sort of delivery times you guys are seeing?

My other question is is it worthwhile going the Sport or optioning up the standard? Always worry about models like this as it seems to make sales guys more bullish on discounting. Kinda annoying too the Sport doesnt come in black.

To be honest I wasnt even thinking options but some of the prices in this thread have made me think twice...mmmm...sunroof...mmmmm...kit....mmm :)

Any feedback appreciated including decent contacts in Adelaide. Doesnt seem to be a lot of mention of Adelaide in here and so far the contact I've had with dealers has been pretty 'uninterested'. You know that sort of salesguy that seems to treat you like a piece of annoying crap between his teeth?

YouRow
02-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Which Dealership did you get yours from?
with this price, I am assuming your Euro has manual transmission?

No, it's an auto. I got mine from Austral @ Newstead.

BiLL|z0r
02-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Does pearl white come with black interior or only in beige interior? if it can be in black i'll go for the white/black combo

what the price for front,back,side skirts?

Mine is Pearl White and only comes with beige interior (unless they've changed it in 06). I really wanted the black interior too, so I just used black seat covers and 2 black single sheets to covers the back seats due to having a 16mth old son.

I think the skirt pack is about $2500, waaayyy too much IMO.

Tobster
03-04-2006, 01:59 PM
I just used black seat covers and 2 black single sheets to covers the back seats due to having a 16mth old son.
Unless they're seat covers specially designed for cars with side airbags, you should take them off or the side airbags won't deploy properly.

weirluo
03-04-2006, 10:46 PM
I am back for a Euro.

I was trying to pick between a Forester and a Euro last year. I got a Forester(Ml06, 36g bought brand new) ), strongly advised by mates, lol, I have had enough of it, well, I know I was wrong.

Now, looking to getting a Euro, either the sport or lux with Sat, Auto. Guess trading in a 4000k Forester would be funny to the sales...

Who can help me, mmm...

Omotesando
03-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I think you can try to sell the Forester by yourself? Or you cannot be bothered? :) Get better prices that way!

Hard to pick between Sport or Lux with Sat.

I like the Sports, except for fact it doesn't have HID and possibly sunroof? Cannot remember details. I took a look before, the dark grey door handles, the black metal around the windows, the interior - very nice.

weirluo
03-04-2006, 11:06 PM
I think you can try to sell the Forester by yourself? Or you cannot be bothered? :) Get better prices that way!

Hard to pick between Sport or Lux with Sat.

I like the Sports, except for fact it doesn't have HID and possibly sunroof? Cannot remember details. I took a look before, the dark grey door handles, the black metal around the windows, the interior - very nice.

I went to Astoria Motors last weekend and was very impressed by the red Sports, Yup, I agree , HID and sunroof would make it perfect.

The only reason considering the Lux is for the option Sat. Very unfortunately, I am the only one that can read Melways in my family, woo... :( It was so painful when travelling to Cairns in Feb.

Can't be too bothered by selling a car again, if not being rip off too much, I would trade it in.

I've got to try the tips learned from above...

UNLS1
04-04-2006, 12:25 PM
if i was u id sell the forrester privately.......

ive never traded a newish car under 5000ks on a new car coz we just wont pay the premium price for it....as soon as its driven out of the showroom u cop the biggest loss im affraid!

but u have a PM and i know i can help on a new Euro :D

weirluo
04-04-2006, 12:47 PM

ive never traded a newish car under 5000ks on a new car coz we just wont pay the premium price for it....as soon as its driven out of the showroom u cop the biggest loss im affraid!

Yup, I better take some time to sell it first,
It could take some weeks though.

Otherwise I may give the Forester to my girl and I get the Sport Euro,
but not financially wise :o .

tdarian
08-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi all
Just purchased an 06 Euro Luxury Auto in Graphite for $42650 with free mats and mud flaps. Dad wanted the mudflaps - just couldn't squeeze the mudflaps in at $42500! The conversation ended up in the carpark(!) but we eventually got the deal we wanted. :thumbsup:

pepelepew
08-04-2006, 06:49 PM
42650 driveaway? Where are you located? Does ANYONE get a good deal in S.A.? Everyone Ive spoken to says its very non-competitive b/w the dealers here...

tdarian
09-04-2006, 01:06 AM
42650 driveaway? Where are you located? Does ANYONE get a good deal in S.A.? Everyone Ive spoken to says its very non-competitive b/w the dealers here...

Yes driveaway. I am located in VIC. Was offered 43k at one dealership last week but thought I could do better. Went to 5 different dealerships and some simply refused to go under 43500. So very happy with the price.

Theres a bit of a wait for Graphite though... delivery in June at worst.

primetimex
10-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Theres a bit of a wait for Graphite though... delivery in June at worst.

Hey tdarian - I'm not sure why there is such a long wait for Graphite - I've ordered 06 Euro Lux Graphite here in Perth WA and have double-checked with the dealer and been informed that delivery is still on schedule for end of this April!!!

Damn can't wait man!

tdarian
10-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeh I know! Although June is a worst case scenario.

When did you order yours? So you are upgrading from the 03 model?

primetimex
10-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeh I know! Although June is a worst case scenario.

When did you order yours? So you are upgrading from the 03 model?

Ordered mine back in 25 Mar 06 - and yes upgrading frm 03 model - so hopefully will get everything at end of this month - including the Spoiler and the Euro Sport spoiler and bodykits!!!

I'll chase the parts people up so they don't miss out - last time I ordered Jazz - they did not inform me that the 6stack CD was still being ordered and I had to check myself that it was there (which it wasnt!!!) - and waited another week for it

Euro_Lover
11-04-2006, 04:36 PM

Hi all!

New to the forums! I've been searching for ages to find a Accord Euro forum. Obviously not hard enough!!!

Anyway, UNLS1, please advise / quote via pm a price [driveaway] on an 06 Luxury Auto Graphite with rear wing, car mats, tinted windows and any other popular accessory/ies.

Oh, and 5 or 6 yr warranty.

Oh another thing. Is it possible to swap the 17" Luxury Rims for the 17" EuroSports rims????? Please advise if this is possible.

I am looking to buy in the next 2 weeks.

I've been searching with my wife to find the best deal. Started at Essendon Honda and will see Garry and Warren Smith in Oakleigh this weekend (hopefully).

Anyway, please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards

syk
12-04-2006, 04:45 PM
I've recently purchased a 2006 Accord Euro Sprort, 6MT... $38,000 drive away... from rick domelian honda, leichardt (sydney). highly recommended, very helpful.
now gotta wait til the 20th or so to pick it up (they were in the process of getting a graphite sport 6MT in when i inquired and bought it!)
cant wait! :)
-Dean

UNLS1
12-04-2006, 07:32 PM
forgot to add, most euros will be arrivin in late june/july as there was a few probs at the factory!

primetimex
13-04-2006, 12:41 PM
forgot to add, most euros will be arrivin in late june/july as there was a few probs at the factory!

Is this right UNLS1? cos' I've double checked with the dealer here in Perth re: my 06 Euro Lux Graphite and he said it's still on schedule for end of April delivery and have not foreseen any delays/problems?

What sort of problems were they having at the factory?

blueeuro
13-04-2006, 01:15 PM

UNLS1 this is not good news.

I am waiting for one now, it was supposed to be delivered in April. I spoke to the dealer today and the best they could tell me was May. They also said component shortage was the issue at the factory.

Is June/July real, because this does not make me happpy.

hondarox
13-04-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't know why it takes so long to deliver an Euro. A colleague ordered a new RAV4 Cruiser and got it in five working days! Maybe that's why Toyota is no. 1

pepelepew
14-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Have all the Euro Sports landed? Or are some still on the boat or caught up in this shortage? Would actually fit my timing realllllyyy nicely :)

Blueeuro if I may ask (come back via PM if you prefer) who'd you deal with here?

grncvc
14-04-2006, 01:58 PM
anyone wanna swap their accor euro for, skyline r33 260rwkw and baby blue s14a =P

primetimex
18-04-2006, 03:00 PM
BUMP

UNLS1 - have you any news / information abt the Euro shortage?

syk
19-04-2006, 11:17 PM
i got a call from Rick Domelians Honda in Leichardt (sydney) today, and my graphite sport arrived in today... if that gives you any idea

tdarian
19-04-2006, 11:20 PM
i got a call from Rick Domelians Honda in Leichardt (sydney) today, and my graphite sport arrived in today... if that gives you any idea

when did you order it?

syk
20-04-2006, 01:43 PM
about a week... maybe 2 weeks ago?

primetimex
27-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Just checked with Prestige Honda today - the boat has finally arrived - however still give or take 10 days(ish) to delivery!! :p

petsfact
02-05-2006, 12:05 AM
i bought my pearl white 6MT 2003 model euro for 27.5k with 19800km on the clock.

driveaway (from a rich uni student) price + stamp duty roughly 28.8k

mods comes with the car:
cargo net
almost grey dirty honda mat + new set of unopened honda mat in the boot
nokia handsfree + a cheap GPS receiver
few dollars coin left under seat
low front tyre pressure
even lower rear tyre pressure (only 18psi when i first checked)
a few bird drop + handful of dried leafs

also, wondering if you guys receive 2 remote key when purchase new from honda? cause i found this new remote key in the manual folder the seller never mention.

Omotesando
02-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Wow that is cheap!

Yes you get 2 remote keys, but I'm surprised its just sitting in that manual folder to be honest!

LIke the fact that you got a new set of car mats, very low kms and the few dollars can get you half a cash wash :)

GREAT DEAL!

primetimex
02-05-2006, 06:34 AM
low front tyre pressure
even lower rear tyre pressure (only 18psi when i first checked)
a few bird drop + handful of dried leafs

also, wondering if you guys receive 2 remote key when purchase new from honda? cause i found this new remote key in the manual folder the seller never mention.

Yes you do get a spare remote key in the manual folder when you buy the car and that tyre pressure is just shocking!!! 18PSI??!!! :eek:

petsfact
02-05-2006, 10:09 AM
yeh 18psi......

is the price cheap honestly? i see some euro going for like 26 or even 25 with reletively high k's.

I am only paying 1 to 2k more for the colour i really like. :) that's what i was thinking.

primetimex
02-05-2006, 11:47 AM
yeh 18psi......

is the price cheap honestly? i see some euro going for like 26 or even 25 with reletively high k's.

I am only paying 1 to 2k more for the colour i really like. :) that's what i was thinking.

Yeah I think that price is quite good -the car has not done many k's and so long as you have inspected it and it's not been abused etc then it's all good! The Euro is probably the best Accord that I've driven so far - the 94' Accord wasn't bad but the Euro is just in a class of its own.

Is this the standard (not luxury) Accord Euro?

petsfact
02-05-2006, 03:02 PM
yeh the entry level

teflon
13-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Long time member but I rarely post. Anyway, due to family reasons I'm selling the 94 Prelude VTiR after buying a second hand 2003 Euro STD. Automatic.

Paid $29K driveaway from a dealer.
First registered Jan 04 - therefore still have new car warranty until Jan 07.
Registered until Jan 07.
Had only done 21,000K
Black - looks great when it's been washed and polished.
Came with mats.
Front bumper had big scratch in it and driver's door had chips in the paint work which the dealer fixed up.
Feels and looks like new!

The wife and I love it! Now all we have to do is Dension ipod adapter and we'll be set.

Fader
14-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey all, first post (fitting I guess), great forums!

Thought id put my 2 cents in..

02/2005 Silver Euro Luxury 5AT
'Street Legal' Tint
Floormats
6 year warranty with roadside assist.

$42,500 driveaway.

Traded 02 Astra CD 5 door hatch, got $16k cash.

Can't complain :)

Cheers!

primetimex
15-05-2006, 01:23 PM
After about 1.5 months waiting or so, I've finally taken delivery of my 06 Euro Lux 5AT last Tuesday 9/5/6.

Car is in excellent condition (with brand new car smell!) - complete with spoiler and Euro Sports wheels! only thing missing was the rest of the factory bodykits which should be done this Wednesday

Delivery process was excellent by Honda Standards.

thenozman
15-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi Guys,

Got my new Standard Euro (Graphite) Manual for $33,000.00 with floor mats.

tdarian
16-05-2006, 03:47 PM
After about 1.5 months waiting or so, I've finally taken delivery of my 06 Euro Lux 5AT last Tuesday 9/5/6.

Car is in excellent condition (with brand new car smell!) - complete with spoiler and Euro Sports wheels! only thing missing was the rest of the factory bodykits which should be done this Wednesday

Delivery process was excellent by Honda Standards.

Congrats primetimex! I am still waiting for my Lux Auto - expected delivery early June. I wanted the Euro Sports wheels as well but my Honda dealer refused. Have fun with your new car when the rest of the bodykit is fitted.

It amazes me there is still so much excitement over delivery of a new car thats been out for over 3 years. Just shows what a great car the Euro is.

primetimex
16-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks tdarian! Yeh, the 06 Euro Lux simply looks amazing with the Euro Sports wheels fitted and full bodykit - as it is now (I'm waiting for the rest of the bodykit to be fitted) with the spoiler it looks great! The chrome grill does look good as well - as opposed to the Euro Sport which I think looks great but the chrome makes it stand out more on the Euro Lux

Why did your dealer refuse your request?? Surely they can accomodate this for you? Good thing is that they gave me also a matching Euro Sports wheels as spare tyre (full spare tyre too). When did you order your Euro?

Also another thing - does anyone know whether the stock tyres for 06 Euro Lux is the same as the one fitted on the Euro Sports?

As I've got my wheels swapped - I notice that the tyres on my 06 Euro Lux now is exactly the same as the Euro Sports - correct me if I'm wrong...... I thought only the rims were swapped.

jamchen
16-05-2006, 07:03 PM
i would say they are the same since both are 17". it would take the dealer a longer time to only swap the rims, that would mean they have to take tyres off from the 9 spoke rims and re-fitted them on to the sports one you requested. i guess all they did were swapping rims with some other euros in stock or something... ( just a guessing)

tdarian
16-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Why did your dealer refuse your request?? Surely they can accomodate this for you? Good thing is that they gave me also a matching Euro Sports wheels as spare tyre (full spare tyre too). When did you order your Euro?

The dealer basically said it was too difficult. Considering we got a fairly good deal (42.5k driveaway with mats and mudflaps) and it was bloody hard work getting there, we decided to let it go. We ordered around mid April. Absolutely cannot wait.

syk
17-05-2006, 01:31 AM
oh forgot to update from my previous posts...
picked up blue accord euro sport, 6MT on 24/4/06...
got it brand new through dealer, $38,000 drive away.
must say, certainly doesnt have the speed/power etc or sporty feel as my old DC2R... but i still love it! :)

2jz
23-05-2006, 12:24 AM
At what price would it be regarded as a good buy for a new Euro sport auto? I think they just dropped the RRP to 37990, it used to be more isn't it?

tanalasta
23-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Re: Honda Accord Euro Sport auto.

I just cancelled my Civic order and swapped to the Honda Euro Sport Auto :)

I believe not only did they drop the price but you get 5 year warranty as part of the end of financial year deal (which you can negotiate and ask for other accessories instead).

I paid $41500 including mats, tinting, ORC/drive away with metallic paint. Seeing I wasn't bargaining very hard at all - you should be able to shave quite a bit off that. You're aiming for RRP (that is - not including ORC) being the drive-away price and then negotiate half-price for accessories.

2jz
23-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Yes they do have 5 years warranty at the moment, seems to be only for Euro Sport. Mustn't be selling too well. Does Honda generally have end of financialyear sale? If they do, does it start at the beginning of June?

tanalasta
24-05-2006, 01:50 AM
They do - the 5 year warranty thing is part of the financial sale. But like all accessories, it's largely negotiable.
There are also discounts on the CRV - check on Honda's website.

What did people pay for an Euro Sport (if you bought one)? I want to know how much more I paid.

2jz
24-05-2006, 09:37 AM
From talking to the dealer i think 38000 is achievable with met paint and mats

MiSloVic
24-05-2006, 10:24 AM
has anyone got any recommended dealers in Melb? planning to get a euro/euro sport in this 1 or 2 weeks. good driveaway deal is a must. accessories are optional, i reckon i can get better prices from those accessories shops