PDA

View Full Version : D15B7 not starting

xclusive_eg8
02-11-2010, 08:45 AM
my civic is playing with me,

1 : there seems to be a small drain of some sort going on which drains battery (cannot leave car sitting for a few days). So I hooked up a multimeter across the possitive and negative terminals to measure continuity and also ohms and the numbers start of at about .400 and climb up from there. I have pulled fuses out of alarm and disconnected my amps and other external equipment and still same thing happening.

2: Car will not start now, evan with a full battery and getting a jump from another car, my civic will click and the dash lights dim out yet there is a 14.4V 5.3A feed getting to the terminals.

Im currently in the process of removing the engine and have pulled a few non essencials of the bay, (front bar, PS pump, AC pump etc) but have not touched engine earthing or any plugs. So not to sure what can be the problem, just trying to pin point it before i drop in new engine and get same problems.

Due to the continual load on the battery, I have had to swap last battery due to the excessive drain (thank god it was under warranty), just want to get it started so I can pop passanger CV out :( , its parked against a fence..

Any help would be great :thumbsup: in advance

markismaximus
02-11-2010, 09:14 AM
so the battery is new?

xclusive_eg8
02-11-2010, 10:01 AM
well the way things look, the "new" battery I put in has died due to continuous discharge.. So I have been using a known working fully charged corolla battery with same CCA rating

chowdaa
02-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Perhaps an EG master cylinder :p
You mention pulling the fuse from the alarm in an attempt to correct your current draw issue, if it is a decent alarm with a decent install, you should have an alarm unit based immobilizer. By pulling the fuse, the immobilizer should be disabled, inhibiting the vehicles starting ability. Just a thought

chowdaa
02-11-2010, 09:40 PM
1. Have you carried out a current draw test? Can any added auxiliaries be heard when the battery negative is fitted?
2. What is your crank voltage? does it crank? have you checked for 12v at the starter solenoid? (after fitting the alarm fuse)

xclusive_eg8
03-11-2010, 10:18 AM
just an update, I got bored yesterday so i pulled engine out lol , passenger side CV was a massive bitch but i got it out..

Some simple checkes i could do whilst engine is out would be good?

chowdaa
03-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Not a great deal of benefit of electrical diagnosis is possible with the engine out, would have been best to find out what is going on first, now you have to worry about putting the engine in with doubt of engine compatibility and wiring dilemma. See how you go, so you don't want the master cylinder? tell me now instead of leaving me hanging for the countless weeks that you have. Thanks:)

xclusive_eg8
04-11-2010, 08:32 AM
i thought so, its ok i guess though cause it was well over due for my civic to give me a problem