PDA

View Full Version : my lil crx

travisg
03-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Hi all,been on the forum couple of months now,thought is was bout time i put up some pics of my ed9, any more out there?

dougie_504
03-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Looks great man. If you want to talk CRX's then the best place to go is www.crxaustralia.com. Make an introduction thread and after 3 posts you'll get access to the full site. Great resource and place to meet other CRX enthusiasts.

travisg
04-11-2010, 04:18 PM
thanks dougie,i always check your comment in other threads,you seem to know what your talking about,thanks for the advice too.

dc292177917
04-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Looks great man. If you want to talk CRX's then the best place to go is www.crxaustralia.com. Make an introduction thread and after 3 posts you'll get access to the full site. Great resource and place to meet other CRX enthusiasts.

no offense mate but crxaustralia is quite a dead forum u know wt i mean? -.-

pablos8
04-11-2010, 06:44 PM
It's not as active as ozhonda but the regulars still go on lols

dougie_504
04-11-2010, 11:19 PM
no offense mate but crxaustralia is quite a dead forum u know wt i mean? -.-

Probably because we're there to discuss CRX's and pretty much nothing else? It's CRXAustralia, not OzHondaAustralia.

Like I said, it's a great resource and place to meet CRX enthusiasts. I haven't promised a new post every heartbeat. If you want that kind of rapid and erratic activity that not even R2D2 could keep up with then just jump on that Twitter thing!

It is, however, a place where some experienced and knowledgeable people spend regular time and generally any help or advice you need specific to the CRX can be found there.
Because the community is smaller there's much less animosity and need for people to try and outdo one another by seeing who can embarrass the next noobie the most because he's posted up the same question as the last bloke.
And although we don't have MONTHLY meets we do catch up often for cruises, BBQ's and dinner/coffee. It's a more involved community IMHO and I've met many great mates there.

TheSaint
05-11-2010, 10:31 AM
clean car man - love it =D

dc292177917
05-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Probably because we're there to discuss CRX's and pretty much nothing else? It's CRXAustralia, not OzHondaAustralia.

Like I said, it's a great resource and place to meet CRX enthusiasts. I haven't promised a new post every heartbeat. If you want that kind of rapid and erratic activity that not even R2D2 could keep up with then just jump on that Twitter thing!

It is, however, a place where some experienced and knowledgeable people spend regular time and generally any help or advice you need specific to the CRX can be found there.
Because the community is smaller there's much less animosity and need for people to try and outdo one another by seeing who can embarrass the next noobie the most because he's posted up the same question as the last bloke.
And although we don't have MONTHLY meets we do catch up often for cruises, BBQ's and dinner/coffee. It's a more involved community IMHO and I've met many great mates there.

yea pbly crxaustralia is a good place for gen2 only
not gen3, well but then ppl like to call it del sol/slow so some ppl might 4get it's actually still called a crx
i hv posted some questions up there
in the mean time i continued with my googling and end up with a solution
but then the thread in crxaustralia, not even one hv read
i m not saying crxaustralia is bad
just, most of the time there're only 5-6 online users
so for resources crxaus is a very yes but then if u start a question thread there it seems no one is going to reply u
again again, i m not try to say sth, this is just my opinion...:wave:

TheSaint
05-11-2010, 12:30 PM
one of the fastest hondas i have driven was a del sol ... personally i dont like the interior - but the car i drove had a JDM Dc2 ITR engine in it - and man that thing was insane - being only a 2 seater the chassis was nice and stiff as well ... it was like driving an EG civic on drugs =)

if i had a choice tho - i would get a gen1 or gen2 - but im in love with old school at the moment so dont mind me =D

pablos8
05-11-2010, 01:01 PM
I love all the shapes of the crx's, the delol i my favourite though, looks pretty different haha

They're also quite comfortable and with the right sussy setup they feel like go karts haha

travisg
05-11-2010, 05:32 PM
I haven't been on crxaus that much but it seems to be mainly delsols everytime i'm on,still it's nice to see some out there that share my love for gen2's,nothing wrong with old school Saint..

dougie_504
06-11-2010, 10:48 AM
yea pbly crxaustralia is a good place for gen2 only
not gen3, well but then ppl like to call it del sol/slow so some ppl might 4get it's actually still called a crx
i hv posted some questions up there
in the mean time i continued with my googling and end up with a solution
but then the thread in crxaustralia, not even one hv read
i m not saying crxaustralia is bad
just, most of the time there're only 5-6 online users
so for resources crxaus is a very yes but then if u start a question thread there it seems no one is going to reply u
again again, i m not try to say sth, this is just my opinion...:wave:

Yeah it's not an Instant Messenger program.

Post up a question (that requires more than a noob-search) in appropriate English (CRXAustralia doesn't really appreciate poorly written English or 'gangsta talk bro' ) and you'll surely get the help you need.

dc292177917
06-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Yeah it's not an Instant Messenger program.

Post up a question (that requires more than a noob-search) in appropriate English (CRXAustralia doesn't really appreciate poorly written English or 'gangsta talk bro' ) and you'll surely get the help you need.

Dear dougie_504,

"Haha" mate I guess you do not like the title of this thread much then *Laugh Out Loudly*
Even time I put up a question thread I really did a lot of searches before hand, just to avoid
seeing reply like "use the f_ _king search button you idiot". Further more, I really cannot see
the English over CRXAustralia is that much more appropriate than the engrish here. Being an
international student here in Australia I am very glad that I can actually learn English here on
an automobile forum besides some language classes, from some native speakers ":)"

About the question "How to Do It Yourself an in-cabin trunk pop handle in an early model
Del Sol", I have done lots of researches in both CRXAustralia and various related websites,
there was no result found in CRXAustralia but one in a Del Sol forum. Unfortunately, the only
link I found was expired. Do you recommended me to post up a question thread there?

Kind Regards,
dc292177917

dougie_504
06-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think an in-cabin trunk handle is completely isolated to the Del Sol chassis. Probably very similar to EG/EH Civics if not most Hondas.

pablos8
06-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Nah the EG/EH civics all have incabin boot opening levers

If thats what you guys are talking about:confused:

dc292177917
06-11-2010, 09:35 PM
nah mate not for the AUDM/JDM/UKDM sols... (i m talking those without transtop)
only the 95+ USDM models got this feature -.-
so the here's the problem
USDMs are left hand drives and the lever thing is on the left
even i can source the parts i still can't put it in my car...

hondapop
06-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Well well, do learn something everyday. Wonder why Honda left that out on the Del Sol's. Does it have the remote fuel cap release? About the only thing you could do is see if one can be adapted from another model. Not familiar with the way the boot lid latches down on one of them. Maybe you could post some pics up and of the catch itself.

pablos8
06-11-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure delsols have the fuel cap feature just not the boot lever which is pretty stupid imo, but mreh what can you do

_CRX_
06-11-2010, 11:25 PM
del sols do have the fuel cap feature ...but they dont have a boot lever....thats just another thing that a gen 2 has over a gen 3

That said this is an intro thread ....so welcome travis, have you got any plans for the beast and what state are you from?

dougie_504
07-11-2010, 11:00 AM
nah mate not for the AUDM/JDM/UKDM sols... (i m talking those without transtop)
only the 95+ USDM models got this feature -.-
so the here's the problem
USDMs are left hand drives and the lever thing is on the left
even i can source the parts i still can't put it in my car...

Oh, so you have a question about USDM Del Sol's in-cabin boot release?

Well, on behalf of CRXAustralia I'd like to apologise if nobody had any idea. Could be related to the possibility that nobody is driving one...

~Sp33~
07-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Nice CRX OP.

dc292177917
07-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Oh, so you have a question about USDM Del Sol's in-cabin boot release?

Well, on behalf of CRXAustralia I'd like to apologise if nobody had any idea. Could be related to the possibility that nobody is driving one...

The link I found was a website from UK, apparently they have right hand drive as well;
if UK can do so why can't Australia? Since you can speak very appropriate English and
so good to an extend that you can understand "gangsta talk bro" on online forums,
I am assuming that you have the knowledge that Australians and Britains are very closely
related back in few hundred years of time. So now here is the problem, no one in Australia
did such a conversion but someone in UK did. Well maybe some Aussies did so but just
they are not on CRXAustralia.

dougie_504
07-11-2010, 07:02 PM
What's your point? You found the info you needed, that's good.

Just because CRXAustralia didn't yield the result you were looking for doesn't mean it's a 'dead forum'.

_CRX_
07-11-2010, 07:48 PM
This isnt a bitch thread people its an intro thread...keep your crap to pm and show some respect to the op

pablos8
07-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Ignore their fight over CRXaustralia!

Welcome to OH bud :) enjoy your stay, what are some big plans for the car?

travisg
07-11-2010, 08:22 PM
yeah,this is my time biatch....just kidding.i've done a few minor cosmetic things so far.
-sprayed the rocker cover
-sprayed calipers
-reupholstered my rooflining in black suede(hate the light grey vinyl)
-painted the rims black
thats been the last couple of months,future plans:
-gettng a new front bar and having the whole front end resprayed(thanks to dumb trady reversing into me in his ute)
-laying new carpet and doing custom rear parcel tray/storage compartment thingy

dc292177917
07-11-2010, 08:36 PM
hey buddy could u get some photos of yr roof lining plz?
did u do that yrself or handed it over to trimmers?

travisg
07-11-2010, 08:44 PM
i'll try to put something up,photo does'nt come out that clear being black and the angles hard to get a good shot.
Yeah did it myself,i'm an upholsterer and i dabble in the odd trimming job too

pablos8
07-11-2010, 08:53 PM
ohhhh nice!

How much would you charge me to get my roof done? :D

travisg
07-11-2010, 09:36 PM
aprox $200, $150 if you pull it out for me

pablos8
07-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Does that include you providing the material? Might want to get red suade :D do u have that available

travisg
07-11-2010, 10:00 PM
that includes fabric if you use what i have in stock,i currently have black and grey,i also have red but there's bout 4 different shades,if we have to order another colour you'd be looking at an extra $50 dollars for material

dc292177917
07-11-2010, 10:03 PM
oh mate too bad u're in syd....
i would like to get my steering wheel retrimmed and the winkled door cars (common problem in del sols) done lol

Snoop_gee
07-11-2010, 10:12 PM
hahahah W0Rd

dougie_504
07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
This isnt a bitch thread people its an intro thread...keep your crap to pm and show some respect to the op

You're right, thanks for pulling me up mate

OP: Sorry for the BS

dc2~~~~~~~~~: Sorry for arguing with you, you're entitled to your own opinion

pablos8
07-11-2010, 10:23 PM
that includes fabric if you use what i have in stock,i currently have black and grey,i also have red but there's bout 4 different shades,if we have to order another colour you'd be looking at an extra $50 dollars for material

Like the recaro red colour? :D is it cheaper cuz I have a delsol and the roof is tiny LOL

travisg
08-11-2010, 08:52 PM
i'd have to special order that red,but spose i could do delsol for bout $180 and i'l throw in the fabric

travisg
08-11-2010, 09:18 PM
played around a bit with the camera today,it was hard to get a good shot of the roof lining but atleast you get the idea and also i'v started redoing the carpet,parcel and back is coming along nicely

_CRX_
08-11-2010, 09:21 PM
what area in sydney are u from

travisg
08-11-2010, 09:26 PM
hills district