PDA

View Full Version : ignition dramas

zh0ngy
04-11-2010, 09:26 AM
ok so i've been having this problem the past few days, and from what i can see its happening on-and-off, but its still early days.

when i turn the key to start the car, the the engine wont crank, it only makes a tick-tick-tick-ticking sound before going completely silent. From memory, the dash lights don't come on afterwards when in ACC. Hope its not a major issue, any clues to what it could be?

schonda
06-11-2010, 11:26 AM
battery? Spark plugs?

Limbo
07-11-2010, 04:12 PM
sounds like the battery is low or a bad battery connection.
If the car won't start at all its the battery is below the voltage - could be either the battery or alternator. Most times it just needs a new battery.
Jump start the car and take it to a mechanic, they will be able to tell you which one it is

zh0ngy
08-11-2010, 05:55 PM
battery? Spark plugs?
the thing is, i just bought a new battery. i was thinking it could be sparkies too...but its been going good now.

sounds like the battery is low or a bad battery connection.
If the car won't start at all its the battery is below the voltage - could be either the battery or alternator. Most times it just needs a new battery.
Jump start the car and take it to a mechanic, they will be able to tell you which one it is
i'm hoping it is a bad battery connection coz i tightened the terminals up and it hasn't been playing up lately. cheers