PDA

View Full Version : 'Softer' engine mount options?

egSi
04-11-2010, 06:39 PM
I thought i might try my luck with this forum for some assistance.

I have had Arizona Race Machine engine mounts in my car for like 3 years now and I am a bit over how stiff they are. They shake the shit out of everything. I can make milkshakes in my ash tray. I want to get something a lil 'softer'. I know some sacrafices have to made as I dont wish to run ugly front torque mounts but has anyone had any experience with other brands of mounts that are 'softer'? I would be happy to supplement softer mounts with an engine damper or even OEM mounts but i dont want to run front torque mounts and have my spermies killed by being shaked to death.

And before anyone says to toughen up...... get ****ed, im too old for this shit.

Keen to get some assistance yall :thumbsup:

cheers
Trav

90LAN
04-11-2010, 06:43 PM
spoon, jsracing and mugen are firm but not hard

egSi
04-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks Lan, was looking at them. Have you used them at all before? Also, am i right that with those kits, you NEED to run the front torque mounts?

cheers
Trav

bennjamin
04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
If you run oem or oem replacement mounts ( mentioned above) it is not safe to run just 3 mounts. You run the risk of breaking rear mount and possibly bracket etc.

dougie_504
04-11-2010, 11:11 PM
What are your current mounts made from? Polyurethane? If so what stiffness grade? Or are they solid titanium or something?

egSi
05-11-2010, 03:25 PM
ben, thanks man i thought as such. That sucks.

Dougie, i have these mounts mate:
http://www.azracemachine.com/

Bought them a while ago on a whim lol

dougie_504
05-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Had a quick look but didn't see anything about the stiffness rating of the polyurethane. The 'softest' rating I've seen (by Innovative, which sells a few different ratings) is 55 and I think it goes up to 85? Maybe if your's is a higher rating you could get something softer.

Innovative mounts are about $400.

EG5
05-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Get Hardrace mounts
We got few customers that switch from Innovative / Hasports mounts to Hardrace mounts and they are happy with it.

egSi
06-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys, ill look into hardrace and/or actually choosing a lower stiffness rating.

:)