PDA

View Full Version : Civic ED wont rev past 4k dual carb need help!

cheapdouchebag
04-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Im working on my mates car and the main problem is the car will not rev past 4-5k when you drive or rev it in neutral. he starts getting a little bit of smoke when it lines up at about there and struggles to get to 5k after going past 4

im trying to wonder if it is his carbuartor as ive tried spraying the dual carb, ive been spraying the carb cleaner into the two sponge inlets underneath the air filter but i dont think its done anything. the sponges are black if that helps identifying
im hoping its something easy or so devastating that i cannot do without opening up something bigger. ive thought about taking out the carburator but im not too sure.

if it helps his engine is stock, his headers is stock
he has a loud exhaust mufflers and two hot dog 2" resonators.

help is appreciated

hondapop
06-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Sounds to me that your air filters are all clogged up and spraying them is only making it worse. Replace them with new ones. And you want more than 5k out of a stock carby engine ?

gnx1987
06-11-2010, 10:26 PM
is the vacuum hose connected to the vacuum advance on the distributor so when it revs high it can advance the spark? Or is that part of the distributor even working?

xtnsevolution
06-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Sounds to me that your air filters are all clogged up and spraying them is only making it worse. Replace them with new ones. And you want more than 5k out of a stock carby engine ? My D15b4 sees 7000rpm regularly and has done 378,000km and its still going strong. They're bulletproof.

Christian

cheapdouchebag
06-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Sounds to me that your air filters are all clogged up and spraying them is only making it worse. Replace them with new ones. And you want more than 5k out of a stock carby engine ?

i was intending to go to wreckers n pick up another two used ones. i was thinking about rebuilding them but problem is i dont like working on carbys that are that small
and why not 5k out of a stock carby engine, if it can then its a great motor

is the vacuum hose connected to the vacuum advance on the distributor so when it revs high it can advance the spark? Or is that part of the distributor even working?
not too sure. got a pic of the vac hose connection? i doubt it but so MAYBE its the dizzy

gnx1987
08-11-2010, 03:31 PM
no pic soz. just look all over the dizzy for an exposed small pipe that a hose would fit over (or anything not connected to it for that matter). should be pretty small. like 7mm outside diameter

smallsn
26-11-2010, 04:47 PM
If its about your rev, mainly due to the dizzy, i don't know why at the moment, but you can movev around your dizzy to tune your revs. Example my mate when he started his car it will rev to 2000rpm automatically, open the dizzy, look at the plugs and move the dizzy around to tune the revs down to 1. Don't do this if you don't know how to.

4age8u
01-12-2010, 10:12 PM
My D15b4 sees 7000rpm regularly and has done 378,000km and its still going strong. They're bulletproof.

Christian

my old d15b4 was at 230,000 when I sold it and damm it was soo bad leaking water,oil smoking like theres no tommorow if I rev it past 6 feels like im going to snap the kunt lol

mmmmChicken
23-12-2010, 09:56 AM
My D15b4 doesn't make any power till it hits 4k, then goes quite well, mine has 360k on it and has seen 8k revs several times. To see if it is your filters (altough i would doubt it, have had motorbike filters basically covered in mud and they still rev) pull them off for a minute, and see if the car revs or not. just get rid of any loose dirt around the carbys first

ouch
29-07-2013, 07:45 PM
bringing this one back up. i have the same problem but in a 2000 EK. wont rev past 4k and when put into neutral it revs constant at 1.5k, when i put it into drive, it revs lower... any ideas?

carayan
29-07-2013, 08:56 PM
does it have a carby?

ouch
31-07-2013, 03:06 PM
no carby

Andyef
11-11-2013, 10:53 PM
My 1.5 dual carb is the same, revs to 5k and then spits and bangs