PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Car Audio Dealer

neo_phase
04-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi all, being new to Sydney, can someone recommend a good car audio dealer that supplies Alpine products?

I'm looking at the iXA-W407EBT for my FD2. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Sean

arverson
04-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Fhrx.

ICACHA
05-11-2010, 07:23 AM
wrong

ICACHA
05-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi all, being new to Sydney, can someone recommend a good car audio dealer that supplies Alpine products?

I'm looking at the iXA-W407EBT for my FD2. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Sean

try this http://www.alpine.com.au/showPage.php?pid=134

arverson
05-11-2010, 10:10 AM
are fhrx no longer able to supply/source alpine products?

its been a while since ive dealt with em.

aka_NSX
05-11-2010, 12:25 PM
^^^ if only supply or source anyone can do it, I bet he still can do it but he ask for an Alpine dealer . . . .

ICACHA
05-11-2010, 09:03 PM
have a look at Marty's products list, Marty says himself he's not authorised Alpenis dealer.

i can get Alpenis if its like that, anyone can, but warranty is not passed on as many think it is... this is an electronic item, not a motor vehicle. read Alpenis' warranty info. it's written in english LOL

neo_phase
05-11-2010, 09:18 PM
so only get it sourced and installed by an authorised dealer?

ICACHA
05-11-2010, 10:30 PM
you can buy it from an alpenis dealer and get it installed anywhere you want, but wouldn't it make sense to have them install it too? install is entirely up to you. the unit is warranted from manufacturers defects not dodgy installation, so if it gets blown up by a dodgy install the installer is responsible. without sounding all high and mighty, alpenis do run training programs for their authorised retailers so they know what they are doing with alpenis products. we hope... if the look on the installers face looks like he's trying to say WTF or OMG then take it elsewhere.

ICACHA
05-11-2010, 10:31 PM
what area you in anyway? might be able to recommend a store...

neo_phase
06-11-2010, 07:57 AM
North side - Artarmon.

What about the iXA-W407 unit itself? Anyone here's got experience with them or would recommend something else from another brand that's of similar price? The Alpine/Alpenis catalogue has the RRP as $1.4k.

ICACHA
06-11-2010, 09:11 AM
you have Metrosound in Artarmon

thats a lot of money for something you can't even put a CD/DVD into.

closer to the 2k mark you can get everything. nav, dvd, divx, mp3, cd, ipod/ipod video, bluetooth, reverse cam input, front cam input, am/fm, steering control connection.

if it was my money i know i wouldnt be spending a cent on the Aljoke.

neo_phase
10-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Appreciate your feedback - would you recommend something better that's around the same price point?

ICACHA
11-11-2010, 12:03 AM
1.4k is a lot of money for something that apparently can't even play CD's.

jump on Pioneer's website, Kenwood's website, JVC's website, Eclipse's website, etc. look at what you want vs what they give you for $$$ you want to spend then see which brand will give you more rather than less. they're much of a muchness as they're all made in asia somewhere.