PDA

View Full Version : Changing Battery on Honda Jazz - Transmission Warning - Must be Done by Honda?

D-Mac
06-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Hey all the battery died on my Honda Jazz and supposedly it needs to be changed by someone at Honda according to the warning sticker on the car otherwise it will mess with the transmission?

Is this true? Can I REALLY not change it myself?

Thanks for your help!

pablos8
06-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Not too sure on this one but I changed the battery on my mums auto Jazz and it was fine =/

Honda put stickers like that everywhere though including what fluids to use etc..

Its up to you if you want to take the risk but Honda fluids are always recommended but not too sure on the battery part man =/

D-Mac
06-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Ahh ok thanks dude! I can't see why I can't do it myself....Recalibrating seems to be easy anyway!

90LAN
06-11-2010, 11:02 AM
the warning is for the cvt as once the battery dies you need to recalibrate it

honda has the correct tools to do this

if you leave it your cvt will eventually go

go buy a oem honda jazz battery only 120 bucks

ECU-MAN
06-11-2010, 03:21 PM
as above

if its not done correctly it can kill the start clutch

sil1580sx
13-11-2010, 08:39 AM
I remember my mechanic saying you have some steps that needs to be done so you can reset the car or else if driven and these procedures are not done it will kill the CVT.

debowen
10-10-2015, 11:28 AM
You can change the battery yourself BUT you must keep the charge up to the system or you will lose the settings for your CVT transmission. You can do this by putting jump leads from your new battery to the lead to your old battery then disconnect the old battery and replace it with the new one, BE CAREFUL not to disconnect the jumper leads at any time untill the car leds are in place on the new battery and secure. You can also use a plug in to your cigarette lighter that is connected to a jump start pack. The key MUST ne turned on to the running position and this will power up the system. I have this and it works well. You don't have to worry about the jump start leads comming adrift during the changeover. I also turn on the radio so I can check that I don't lose power at any time.
If you do lose power to the system and lose the settings on your CVT, drive the car carefully to a Honda dealer to get the CVT reset. Don't accellerate harshly, just ease it off the mark and be carefull not to accellerate quickly at any time during the trip. It costs about $80 Au for the reset. Good luck!

DreadAngel
10-10-2015, 07:18 PM
You're about 5 years too late...

SHOGUNOVDDRK
10-10-2015, 11:26 PM
You're about 5 years too late...
brah it's still a good post to help the future Jizz's.

3K9
17-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Is this for only CVT Jazz's?

ECU-MAN
19-10-2015, 09:17 AM
All Honda CVT cars

amant02
20-10-2015, 01:34 AM
Uh? I have changed my Batteries twice in the period of owning the car. Missus keeps leaving the reading lamps on.

I did it at home with a 10MM wrench.

I didn't bother resetting the CVT either .... shes on nearly 150K KM now still going hard.

amant02
20-10-2015, 01:38 AM
Infact there has been many situations where I would've had the battery out of the Jazz for long enough for it loose charge. Installing the valve cover gasket was a bitch.

Only time I reset the CVT is when I flush it every 15-20K KMs.