PDA

View Full Version : iPod in euro

learner
12-01-2005, 04:13 AM
hi all, i am currently using FM transmitter to listen to iPod in my car...
saw some post has info about connecting iPod to euro factory HU AUX
using this device (SNHOND3) http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/sounsnhond3.html
but is tat thing really work on australia euro as aust one has different factory HU then US or japan.... did anyone really install it in australia??:confused: :confused:

jinxdlux
21-01-2005, 12:03 PM
You could just try it anyway, it's only $100 US. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I'm sticking with my iPod.

Gazza
21-01-2005, 01:23 PM
I know some headunits from Pioneer or Alpine (maybe others too) offer connectivity from iPod. It's a good idea if you are considering to upgrade your HU as well.

J-MuN
21-01-2005, 02:49 PM
most aftermarket HU offer the possiblity to have an AUX input... most JVC's, Pioneer's, Alpines, Panasonics have them...

PERTH_EURO
21-01-2005, 04:15 PM
alpine have released an interface between ipod and selected Ai-net decks. (it doesnt use aux inputs, but ai net plug)

Find out more info at www.alpine.com.au (http://www.alpine.com.au)

What it enables is full function control from the head unit of the ipod, including next track, artist etc.

The unit also charges the ipod and displays all info as on ipod face on HU.
So basically you can hide the ipod in the glovebox and have 40gig of tunes in ur ride fully controlled and displayed on HU

Will be getting one fitted in 2 weeks :D

PERTH_EURO
21-01-2005, 04:24 PM
just realised that doesnt answer your question sorry.

Unfortunatley honda didn't just have typical RCA inputs in the aux connections (how hard can it be) so something like that item u listed may have to be the go.

I see they have some royalty dispute goin on with the makers.... would be interesting to see if u can get one

Gazza
23-01-2005, 09:41 PM
It's a bit off topic but I ask anyway.

Perth_Euro, do you need any special cable to connect your HU to the stock stereo?

PERTH_EURO
24-01-2005, 12:35 PM
My HU and install runs fully independant of factory setup.
Whole system has been re-wired.

:)

Gazza
24-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Do you mind sharing how much it costed you to do the re-wiring? I'm thinking seriously in getting a HU fitted. Now I'm between the options of a SoundGate or a total re-wiring.

PERTH_EURO
24-01-2005, 07:33 PM
pm sent

Gazza
24-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Got your PM, thanks a lot Timbo. :thumbsup:

Btw, are you able to use the factory CD player/radio (assuming you didn't rip them out) after re-wiring everything with an aftermartket HU in place?

PERTH_EURO
25-01-2005, 12:15 AM
No probs Gazza

the factory cd etc is all still fully powered and displays as normal, but no sound comes out.

I use it as a 6 disc cd holder for my tune selection.

Booked into stereo shop for ipod too, goes in the 11th of Feb, will take some pics once done.