PDA

View Full Version : ED chassis bracing

xtnsevolution
07-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Im after some chassis braces (tower braces, under car braces etc ) I'm trying to eliminate some of the chassis flex.

What are some decent priced brands I should look at?
I was having a look at cheap rear tower braces on ebay for $50. Whats the difference between them and more expensive brands like cusco etc? at the end of the day its just a piece of aluminium tube.

Any feedback will help a great deal.

Christian

xtnsevolution
08-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Surly someone on here can help!

09-11-2010, 01:23 PM
dude.. check out ultra racing :)

jdm_b16a
10-11-2010, 09:06 AM
IMHO, without doing complementary work on your suspension setup, using all these braces will only serve to further highlight the problems you have. Honda engineers made the car in such a way that the body flexes on various rubber components, and locking all these up with engine bay and underbody braces won't help.

A front engine bay brace will tie up the upper suspension

A lower front brace will tie up the lower suspension pickup points

Same for a rear one inside your car and a lower rear one (like the ASR setup or a BEAKS).

eBay items are generally reasonable quality but over the long term may lose their stiffness (suffer from fatigue) and flex.

Look at the design before deciding. Look at the name brand items like CUSCO, VISION, etc and see how they design their bars, and how they bolt to the towers front and rear.

Peter