PDA

View Full Version : Acura

schonda
08-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Will Acura ever come to Australia to vs. Lexus and the Euro brands?

I know the Accord Euro is similar but I like the 3.7L V6 AWD Acura TL, I reckon it would be very successful here, it's just right.

Also I want Infiniti to come that would be great, the V36 Skyline is a danm nice car. I know it's like a Maxima but styling is better, at least for now.

Right now if you want a mid to almost large size luxury (sporty) type sedan what options do you have?

Accord Euro - yes but only in 2.4L which is great but how bout for ppl who want a bit more.
Camry - Yeah right...
Aurion - OK but boring
Accord V6 - it's ok but a bit bland.
Holden/Ford - haha
Mazda 6 - same story as accord euro but worse haha
Lexus - all i know is the IS350 or whateva which is great but expensive and a bit smaller on the mid sized scale.
Audi A4/BMW 3 or 5/Mercedes C - combination of pricey, boring....of course the nicer ones come with a hectic price tag.

I am sure Acura is not cheap but got to be cheaper than the euro cars. I am sure they would make the same amount of sales as lexus in australia at the least.

aaronng
08-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Probably won't come here. You won't get the TL either because it is made in the US, and we don't have a big enough market to warrant them starting a whole production line for us and the rest of the RHD world. They did this before with the MDX but then discontinued the RHD version after 1-2 years due to low volume.

schonda
08-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Probably won't come here. You won't get the TL either because it is made in the US, and we don't have a big enough market to warrant them starting a whole production line for us and the rest of the RHD world. They did this before with the MDX but then discontinued the RHD version after 1-2 years due to low volume.

With all do respect, that MDX is pretty ugly im sure they'd have more success with the rest. But good point about there not being a market large enough here for the Acura to come.