PDA

View Full Version : OEM VTiR Pads

Hondavirgin
12-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Ok, my cars in for a service atm and i need my brake pads changed. What i want to know is, has anyone pushed OEM vtir pads to their limit and if so, what was it.

I've used mine for autokhana no problems, but how long will they last on a track? Will one fast downhill cook them?

Urgent opinions would be appreciated as they'll need a decision today. I'm leaning towards going OEM again as they will be perfect for Autokhana, where your brakes are cold to start with. What do you guys think?

|N|
12-01-2005, 11:28 PM
they cant stop shxt after a few laps..

bungsai
13-01-2005, 09:44 AM
yup went on a twisty drive, and after about 20 mins of off on brake they faded to the sheithole

ginganggooly
13-01-2005, 10:00 AM
the old pacific highway gets my pedal reaching the floor within the first ten corners (the first three corners at rnp)...
eastern creek wasn't too bad on them due to the nature of the course (or maybe my pussy driving style), they shitted themselves big time at wakefield- within two laps.

i also had heaps of trouble with warped rotors, or pad build up on the rotor, i'm not sure exactly. they were getting machined every three or four months to stop the car from shuddering under brakes.

i've since switched to bendix metal kings and have not had to resurface the rotors in the last six months, and they don't eat rotors like everyone seems to think. fade seems maginally better.

Hondavirgin
13-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Damn, too late, i got them replaced, still..never mind.

can you get good benefits from changing the front pads only to something better?

|N|
13-01-2005, 01:02 PM
yea.. front ones r more important ... rear r just assisting
'