PDA

View Full Version : What’s the most powerful 6” speaker of an EG?

Lukezen27
12-01-2005, 12:26 PM
What’s the most powerful 6” speaker that will fit front/back into the stock speaker brackets

I want to be able to just screw em in nothing ells

94 EG Hatchback

Thx :guys

kousoku
12-01-2005, 01:44 PM
the most powerful that will fit into stock speaker bracket is the pioneer stock speakers.

you wont find any powerful speakers that will fit. speakers are powerful becasuse they have big magnets and large size ect....

however, if your not too worryed abotu quality and a bit of volume, much more then stock speakers then i've heard kenwood are rather small.

Lukezen27
12-01-2005, 03:14 PM
the most powerful that will fit into stock speaker bracket is the pioneer stock speakers.

you wont find any powerful speakers that will fit. speakers are powerful becasuse they have big magnets and large size ect....

however, if your not too worryed abotu quality and a bit of volume, much more then stock speakers then i've heard kenwood are rather small.
Cool, thx for the info

whats the model number for the pioneer?

Thx LukeZen

mojo the flashy monkey
12-01-2005, 03:55 PM
best thing u can do is find out what the clearence is and just look for a good set that fits it if u look ur bound to find sompthing nice

Lukezen27
12-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Hm

So what size are the front and what size are the back speakers?

Thx Luke

jay-bee'z
12-01-2005, 07:50 PM
you gotta find something efficient...stock pioneers in my integra were like 20 or 30 watt rms, which running off deck is a really good match to work at full potentional, so to speak....you could go out and buy $200+ bostons or something which are a better speaker, running off the headdeck they will sound worse than the stock pioneers because they require more power (require an amp to sound good). then they will sound 2x better than the pioneers etc.

So you see, something efficient, should work good, from what i've noticed.

Lukezen27
12-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah I will be getting an 4 Ch AMP tho

I just looked at mine and there smaller than 6" doh

fronts are like 4" and backs are like 5"

aimre
12-01-2005, 08:42 PM
make a wood spacer

Lukezen27
12-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Nan only putting in stock size speakers :D

lerroy
12-01-2005, 09:43 PM
The most powerful speaker >>
i guess you mean best speaker or you talking Bass, SQ ???
its a hard question to answer its all about personal tastes

Lukezen27
12-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Well I use the Hatch so much that there's no chance of putting anything back there

Surfboards and stuff :D

Just looking for the best speaker that will fit the stock brackets

This can't be that hard a question?

From what I can gather

Front 4" = ?
Back 5" = ?

micka
13-01-2005, 01:26 AM
speakers aren't powerful, they consume power and thus have power handling capabilities (i know conservation of energy, they convert electrical energy into sound and some heat if we're to be pedantic, before anyone corrects). without modification, you're not going to get much decent in the front of an eg. I would not have been able to get 4"s in without cutting the back of the oem speaker mount, but by making some mdf spacers (super easy to diy) i now have 6.5"s.

Lukezen27
13-01-2005, 02:41 PM
speakers aren't powerful, they consume power and thus have power handling capabilities (i know conservation of energy, they convert electrical energy into sound and some heat if we're to be pedantic, before anyone corrects). without modification, you're not going to get much decent in the front of an eg. I would not have been able to get 4"s in without cutting the back of the oem speaker mount, but by making some mdf spacers (super easy to diy) i now have 6.5"s.
Sweet bro :thumbsup:

Got any pic's or tips on how to do this?

Thx Luke

micka
13-01-2005, 03:32 PM
have some pics, will take same more and post a diy tomorrow

kousoku
13-01-2005, 06:11 PM
hey bro, best thing to do if your like me and a noob with all this stuff, pay someone to do it.
i jsut go tmy avi's installed by a guy, woulda taken me few days, took him 2 hours =D was pro job too.

Lukezen27
13-01-2005, 07:16 PM
FRONTS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Got 6.5" 250WPeak = 65W real

Pulled the door trim of drilled straight into the door :wave:

Put some foam stuff in-between to stop vibrations :thumbsup:

I’ll do the back next pay day :)

Thx Luke

micka
13-01-2005, 09:37 PM
FRONTS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Got 6.5" 250WPeak = 65W real

Pulled the door trim of drilled straight into the door :wave:

Put some foam stuff in-between to stop vibrations :thumbsup:

I’ll do the back next pay day :)

Thx Luke

can you still close the window without issue?

Lukezen27
13-01-2005, 09:43 PM
can you still close the window without issue?
Wow

Did'nt even bother to check that out :rolleyes:

Just ran out to check

Phw Yup both sides open and close without a prob :thumbsup:

kousoku
13-01-2005, 11:01 PM
hahahah , yea thats the main problem with the design of the integra, don;t have much space.

lol btw. lukezen27 u are exactly the same as me.
i installed my fronts today,
next thursday i'm doing rear. ahahaha all coincides wiht pay day =D

Lukezen27
14-01-2005, 06:36 AM
hahahah , yea thats the main problem with the design of the integra, don;t have much space.

lol btw. lukezen27 u are exactly the same as me.
i installed my fronts today,
next thursday i'm doing rear. ahahaha all coincides wiht pay day =D
lol yay for us :thumbsup:

Payday is next Friday :D