PDA

View Full Version : Best bank for your buck mod to EP3

twelve
10-11-2010, 03:48 PM
hi all,

Getting pretty cosy in my ep3 :cool:

its coming up to xmas so i might give the car a present. Im curious on what you think the best value performance mod is to an ep3.

I did a bit of a search and ive come back with exhaust headers as a good option. What does everyone think?

note- mine has an exhaust already

Tai
10-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Intake is something I would do first, OEM is quite restrictive.

Something like GruppeM or J's racing. or Injen depending on your budget

hong91
10-11-2010, 05:00 PM
coilovers :)

munkaii
10-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Read the Sydney EP3 thread or better yet post it there. A lot of guys in there that are knowledgeable.

NightRyder
10-11-2010, 08:34 PM
A munkaii said, I encourage using and keep all EP3 mod discussions in the "EP3 Type R" thread. Other chit chat can go into the Sydney EP3 thread. :)

JohnO
10-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Spoon socks for 20bucks it's bang for buck for the hot days your gearknob gets hot and for the early cold mornings :)

Gruppem is a good mod I think you can pick it up for 1k Inc postage now, no cutting required every bit is given to you so it's great. I looked at the js racing one looks good with all that bling factor but seemed like the most hassle to install. Injen is real bang for buck but I didn't want a massive gap in my engine bay so went for gruppe m.

Going for a rm01a exhaust soon after some other things

Philip Lee
11-11-2010, 11:18 AM
with your car twelve, i'd get an intake as you already have catback and lowered springs.

btw have u fixed the central locking?

twelve
11-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Thaks for the input guys, ill look into an intake.

In regards to the search comments, i looked through the other threads (thats where i got the headers thought from). Thought it would be worthwhile having a performance thread for ep3s, but point taken, will just add to the other threads going forward.

Philip - im in the process of getting it fixed at the moment i got an alarm/immobiliser installed last week and now the passenger door doesnt respond to the key! The installer isnt sure why and was going to ring honda this week to sus out the cause.
As a side note i emailed Ken yesterday and he actually mentioned you were the man to go to for all things ep3!

Philip Lee
11-11-2010, 02:44 PM
As a side note i emailed Ken yesterday and he actually mentioned you were the man to go to for all things ep3!

LOL i don't know everything about EP3. there are lots of knowledgable people here like Dr Honda, Nepolian etc etc who know heaps more than i do. by all means ask questions here if you need any help. maybe go to a Syd meet and look at other people's car to decide what intake or other mods you want to acquire.

flubbar
11-11-2010, 02:56 PM
LOL i don't know everything about EP3. there are lots of knowledgable people here like Dr Honda, Nepolian etc etc who know heaps more than i do. by all means ask questions here if you need any help. maybe go to a Syd meet and look at other people's car to decide what intake or other mods you want to acquire.

lol..trying to deflate your oversized big head, aye phillip? hee hee hee xD