PDA

View Full Version : my exhaust is too loud =(

jrstyles
10-11-2010, 10:51 PM
So as the title states, my exhaust is HELLA loud and droney. I have a buddyclub prospec system. I need to make the car quieter or my parents will disown me =(. What i don't want is to revert back to stock, and my silencers only make it alittle bit quieter but the drone is worse and I have 2 resonators already lol. Is the only option to fabricate new mufflers or are there other suggestions? thanks

jmdjmaria
11-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Stuff it with steel wool then put the silencers on :) or get a New system

vyets
11-11-2010, 08:50 AM
get rid of it lol.

zhong
11-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Steel/Cotton wool for the win. But remember you will be restricting it more. Maybe go for an ECV to restrict it for daily driving, then when u feel like fanging it you switch it - don't think these systems are that expensive anymore..

What does your exhaust look like anyway?

EDIT: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/Duff0000/exhaust003.jpg

No wonder it's so loud.... lol they're dual cannons! But change ur resonator to something bigger (the one before the split), it should do the job! I've heard good things about Magnaflow mufflers/resonators.

lzybum
11-11-2010, 12:33 PM
aren't singles louder than dual?

vyets
11-11-2010, 12:47 PM
aren't singles louder than dual?

in most cases yea, and his already got 2 resonators he said so no point getting a bigger one welded on, the exhaust is obviously too loud and there's nothing you can really do to make it quieter without full restricting it. Just get a new more quiet exhaust

ncmx5
11-11-2010, 01:34 PM
take out the resonators, put in a middle muffler.

sae
11-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Sell it and buy a quiet one. tada

JamieP
11-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Just get new parents :) I hear maddonna and angelina are shopping for kids again, maybe you'll get lucky

brendan1990
11-11-2010, 07:21 PM
ill buy it, ill buy it, ill buy it, how much how much how much???? want cash fast? pm me!!! love that exhaust =D

jrstyles
12-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Is it worth it to go back to stock? Im over noisy noisy cars now lol. My parents full disown me now not even cook me food anymore ahah

pure_na
12-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Is it worth it to go back to stock? Im over noisy noisy cars now lol. My parents full disown me now not even cook me food anymore ahah

your parents need to realise that there's more important things in life...oh wait a minute, how loud their son's exhaust is IS the most important thing in life...

vyets
12-11-2010, 05:29 PM
what do you mean by worth it you probally wont even feel a diffrence besides being able to hear and eat again.

catacaustic
12-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I had the same problem. The person that had my S2K before I owned it put two el-cheepy canons on it.... I don't know if the rest of the exhast is stock or not, but all I know is that at 90ks with the top down, I couldn't hear the stock radio at all, no matter how far it was turned up.

I got the mufflers replaced, and it's made a good difference, but still... it's a bad melding of a few aftermarket bits.

From everything that I've seen and read, unless you're going f/i, then the stock exhast system is one of the best out there, and there's only minimal gains to be ahd with anything aftermarket, apart from looking like some 17 y/o japanses guys wet dream, and sounding like a freight train when you're idoling...

asps91
13-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Ill trade you my fujitsubo legalis r for it, my parants dont think its loud enough. Hard of hearing i beleive :)