PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads

JamieP
11-11-2010, 03:32 PM
So the time has come to invest in some new brake pads and Im weighing up my options on what to get. I use my car as a daily driver so they need to be decent for day to day use, but I would also like them to be some what of an upgrade from OEM and serve me well on the odd track day too.

Im thinking of getting EBC RedStuff pads, has anybody had any experience with these?

JAP-S2K
11-11-2010, 11:08 PM
I've tried lots of different brands, including Mugen Type S (twice), Project Mu 900i, Project Mu B spec, Endless SS-S, Acre Super fighter (twice), Ferodo DS 2500 and EBC yellow (which i actually don't think they're all that great), Still in my opinion Acre super fighter pads were a great all rounder, no noise, little dust, stood up over 65 laps at a trackday without fade! And they worked fine when they're cold and there cheap. I will mention that amongst the other pads i've used, they are easily one of the best.

blackouT
12-11-2010, 11:56 PM
where did u get the super fighters from ? keen to try them haha!

vyets
13-11-2010, 10:07 AM
jdmyard on the forum stocks them.

JamieP
13-11-2010, 10:28 AM
thanks for all the advice mate. I might have to look into these Acre super fighters :)

RaGz
18-11-2010, 02:31 PM
QFM A1RM are meant to be excellent street/track pads.

brendan1990
18-11-2010, 04:46 PM
jap s2k, what did you think of the project mu b-spec?

irvinchua
18-11-2010, 09:53 PM
I use Endless CC-X on my daily. Sounds like a truck hauling up but it stops you good.

aozora
19-11-2010, 12:00 AM
In order of what I've tried for street, hills and track work.

Ferrodo DS2500 (F only with Racebrake Comp 2 rears I think) - Feel is a bit spongy once they get up in heat. But otherwise quite good... and expensive!
EBC Greens (F/R) - I don't know why anybody would recommend them for track work.
Lucas TFW (F/R) - Only good for a daily. Again not for track work.
QFM A1M (F/R) - Held up surprisingly well for the price. Easily the best value pad I know of. But not the best...
Project Mu HC+ (F/R) - Very good for track work. Rotors have been known to crack from high temps before the pad disintegrates. Although - dusty and I don't know about others but quite noisy in summer ahha. Sounds like when Super GT cars pull up in the pit stop... high pitched squeel :( Don't pick up girls in summer with these pads ahha they don't think it's cool :p Still using them after a few track days...

EG5
19-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Acre Superfighter 0-450'c pads
Made in japan
Bang for bucks pads.

zhong
19-11-2010, 09:30 AM
I tried a couple of brands recently..

LUCAS TFW - Good for daily, nice and quiet.. But a bit spongey in the heat.
MEYLE - Cheap, Very responsive, but very noisy.....

I've got a spare set (Meyle) if you want to try it because I changed back to LUCAS because of the brake noise..

JAP-S2K
19-11-2010, 03:48 PM
jap s2k, what did you think of the project mu b-spec?

Yeah they were o.k. they were noisy and i paid an absolute bomb for them...... think i got shafted on that deal.

Acre Superfighter 0-450'c pads
Made in japan
Bang for bucks pads.

Once again :thumbsup:

brendan1990
19-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah they were o.k. they were noisy and i paid an absolute bomb for them...... think i got shafted on that deal.

:

suggest them for track work?

JAP-S2K
19-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah like i said, they were o.k. There's more user friendly option's that don't squeal, are rotor friendly and don't cost a bomb. I've currently got Ferodo DS2500, i think these are better than the Project Mu pads i ran previously.