PDA

View Full Version : Electrionics Complete fail in EG

chauster
11-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi
Im not sure where i should be posting this but i'll put it here and if a mod need be please move it. =D

So i have a EG with b18c7. Problem is as listed:
NO sound from speakers, used to work but would stop when bumpy roads now its just dead
foglights dont work
when you try to switch them on the dash fuse blows
horn doesnt work

Everything else in the car is working fine and also the headunit switchs on.
May it be one common problem or individual problems?

I've tried to rewire the headunit, it worked for about 2 mins and then music stopped again.

Thanks
-Chris

ICACHA
11-11-2010, 08:21 PM
sounds like you're in the market for a new car.

chauster
11-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the help......

na-118
11-11-2010, 10:06 PM
have you check your batteries state of charge?
have you checked the wires leading from the headunit to the speakers and see if there still connected ? there could be a open short somewhere in the circuit
does the radio still work,
if you have a multi metre sent it oh ohms and test it

check wiring harness for foglights, if there is any broken wire, bad earth, bad power connections
is the foglights wired up to a relay?
what fuse are you using for the foglights?

same goes with horn check the wiring for bad connection,
check the fuse for the horn
check around the steering wheel column, cause the power usually bridges off the srs

xclusive_eg8
11-11-2010, 10:15 PM
It will be multiple problems bud, the headunit and fog lights were probe not installed proper to start with. What happens when you go over a bump? Speakers drop out or headunit turn off? Fogs probs have a short

ICACHA
11-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the help......

you're welcome.

to answer your question if its being one or more problems i honestly can't say, i don't remember installing it :p

seriously. if it was done by a so called pro then take it back. if you got the car with the problems then take it to a pro.

tron07
12-11-2010, 02:00 PM
something is probably shorting out.... check the wiring that pass thru the car, bends, etc with sharp edge. the wire is probably not protected by proper wiring loom and got exposed causing short circuits.