PDA

View Full Version : Flat tyre on Fn2r

tazman888
11-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I just realised that I have been driving on a flat tyre this evening (as I'm not too sure how long it has been like that).

I'm not too familiar with flat tyre. Atm I just refill the air till full as most of the tyre shop already close.
The tyre's tread still pretty good. So what should I do in this scenario? Do I need to get a new tyre or it is fixable?
Any good recommendation on the victoria road? As I'm working at gladesville.

Thanks in advance

curtis265
12-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Are you punctured?? (you'll find out soon i guess)

If so, put your spare tyre on. Take it to a tyre shop to get the puncture fixed.

fitme
12-11-2010, 11:22 AM
check the sidewall of the tires if there is any sign of wear or some marks coming from your rims...if you run your tires flat for a long time it might damage the steel belt of the tires

sirdistik
12-11-2010, 02:23 PM
If you're able, take the tyre off and immerse it into some water. If you can see bubbles, you'll know that's where the leak is. Chances are you've driven over a nail and air is slowly leaking out. If you can't dunk it in water, just inspect the entire wheel for anything that could've punctured it.
Best take it to a tyre shop and tell them that you need a puncture repair, it should cost about $20. if it's the side wall, you'll need to purchase a new one.