PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run

greek_rambos2k
12-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Today my s2k was struck by a blue bmw. then the guy drove off thinking he could get away. but AHK someone got down his rego. UGA922. If you know/see him GET HIM AND RIP HIS EYES OUT. smashed front right wheel, broke wheel arch, wheel gard and front bumper

catacaustic
12-11-2010, 08:39 PM
That sucks!!!

I know it's hard to do, but you should not say stuff like that. Just in case... You never know who's watching these posts.

First, I will assume that you have the name and contact details of the witness, and you have reported the incident to the police with those details? If not, why not?? I know that a lot can get swept under the rug, but with a witness, and a confirmed license plate, they will have more then enough to act on.

I just don't want to see anyone do anything stupid and get themselves into trouble for this. Yes the guy/girl/whoever is a complete douche-bag for doing that, but then they should be the ones that get dropped into the $%^&, not you or anyone else. :)

newpaddy3
12-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Dude, you have their plates, car model, everything needed for the police to track them down.

My mate had a similar thing happen, a witness gave him the details of the offender, he reported it to the police, and got money to fix his car.

You should do the same.

grifty
12-11-2010, 09:09 PM
report it as a hit and run to the police, also get the witness details because the cops may need it.

pure_na
12-11-2010, 09:35 PM
when i was an l-plater, i got hit on the side by a car that pulled out with no indicator when i was right next to him. and the guy ripped a uturn when i pulled over and ran off.

saw the car a while later and reported it to police (basically, was in a driveway right next to where i got hit, same color, same stickers on the rear windscreen, and a scrape with same color paint as my car where he hit me).
reported it to police, they said they couldn't do anything because the owner said he hit someone else who verified it. great, yeh, i hit my friend, he verifies it, get fcked.

i decided that i wouldn't do anything about it. regret it every time i hear something like this. <- keep this in mind...

VeYzZii
12-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I know it's hard to do, but you should not say stuff like that. Just in case... You never know who's watching these posts.

So what...? Who cares whos watching. I dont see whats wrong with Greeks Post.. My eyes are open..

aznstyler
12-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Why dont you go rip his eyes out yourself?

aozora
12-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Why dont you go rip his eyes out yourself?

I'm sure if he found him, he may just do that...

Btw OP do you have a white "track" sticker on the left of your bumper?

JamieP
13-11-2010, 10:34 AM
man, thats a dog act!!!! sorry to hear about your car man. Id be fuming too. Whats going on at the moment, this is the second post like this this week! do people have it in for s2ks or somthing?? I hope everything gets sorted out with your insurance with no drama mate

pure_na, hypotheticly speaking (had to say that for catacaustic :P) I would have keyed the absalute crap out of that guys car when I saw it if I was in your shoes. Thats so dodgey, getting your friend to verify that you hit them to get out of paying the insurance.

curtis265
13-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Call the popo's, problem solved.. Then go get ur car fixed under insu. normally gets sorted.

greek_rambos2k
14-11-2010, 12:44 AM
hey guys. sorry about epic rage haha had to let it out. i reported it to the cops. only thing was that the witness didn't leave their details. they left a note under the door saying 'this person hit ur car'. thats it. so the cops r all iffy on it. yeh insurance will cover it but i shouldnt have to pay $500 (excess) from my pocket to fix it. im waiting for aami to call me on monday about it. i know its a bit bad to post it on the forum as it makes us look a bit ragey but cmon.... epic s2k hate lol

euromandeluxe
14-11-2010, 01:44 AM
nice of them to leave a note :thumbsup:

pure_na
14-11-2010, 01:48 AM
man, thats a dog act!!!! sorry to hear about your car man. Id be fuming too. Whats going on at the moment, this is the second post like this this week! do people have it in for s2ks or somthing?? I hope everything gets sorted out with your insurance with no drama mate

pure_na, hypotheticly speaking (had to say that for catacaustic :P) I would have keyed the absalute crap out of that guys car when I saw it if I was in your shoes. Thats so dodgey, getting your friend to verify that you hit them to get out of paying the insurance.

i was 16, this was quite a few years ago. if it happened today, things would be different. i learnt from it anyway. to the op - learn, if you get hit do not take your eyes off whoever hit you and do not assume he will be stopping. as i said jamie, i regret not acting, and it would not happen again.

greek_rambos2k
26-11-2010, 11:28 PM
hey guys. the cops caught the guy and are charging him. his excuse was "i thought i hit a pole, i went back the next day and there was no car there" lol

tay113
27-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Well! this time he has really being hit by a pole. i hope he gets severely punish.Its good to know of a happy ending story.Hope its not too much damage to your car and time heals.

drsilliez
27-11-2010, 11:04 AM
hey guys. the cops caught the guy and are charging him. his excuse was "i thought i hit a pole, i went back the next day and there was no car there" lol

lol wtf. what a dumbass...

curtis265
27-11-2010, 11:50 AM
are you farking serious? what an idiot, that's the stupidest thing you could possibly say.

so all ends well?

greek_rambos2k
10-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Hellloooo

Just letting you know it all worked out in the end. Insurance covered the damage to the car, $1500 total damage. I didn't pay excess or anything he had to pay for it all and i had to go into the police station to give a formal statement as they decided to charge him so they are taking him to court over it. Im not sure what the law is called but its basically hit and run/leaving accident.

mocchi
10-12-2010, 04:03 PM
salute for leaving a note.

JamieP
10-12-2010, 04:08 PM
good to hear it all worked out mate

greek_rambos2k
10-12-2010, 08:47 PM
good to hear it all worked out mate

thanks bro

KonnecXion
11-12-2010, 09:57 AM
thanks bro

So good to hear it all being worked out and simple. I have been hit but the guy didn't run. He just isn't admitting liability and I need to pay for the damages on my car...

s2krazie
11-12-2010, 06:21 PM
lol stuff like this makes me rage hard! what a tard?... good to hear it all worked out for the best but i'd still look for him and get some payback! lol :D

greek_rambos2k
12-12-2010, 09:18 PM
lol i saw him outside my house the other day. he comes to watch the cricket on fridays (i live opposite a park) and he like walked across the house a few times trying to see the damage on the car in the driveway lolz