PDA

View Full Version : removing wiring loom out of crx EF7+EF8why

Spoon-Accord
13-11-2010, 10:40 PM
hey guys!

what is the best way to remove the wiring loom from the firewall to the ecu?

would i have to take out the brake booster just to access that tight area without space?

i am taking out the EF7 wiring to replace it with the EF8 wiring i have!

thanks all

hondapop
14-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Haven't as yet done my CRX but have stripped the wiring out of 4 other Hondas of the same vintage and to remove the wiring loom you are referring to has always involved removing the complete dash in order to get to the clips and fastenings that hold it all in. Probably pay to remove the steering column as well to make access easier.

Spoon-Accord
14-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Does the brake master need to come out aswell? My steering colum is already out, just don't see how the wiring is gonna pop out of a small hole like that :(

hondapop
15-11-2010, 07:38 AM
It won't be absolutely necessary, but to pull the loom through the firewall it would give you more room to work(and to get the EF8 one back through). You'll need to pull the large rubber grommet that the loom passes through out of the firewall to get a big enough hole to pass all the plugs etc through.

You might find that to get the wiring to the main fuse box etc out, will require the removal of the master cylinder and brake pipes to get room to manouvre them. The problem with all this stuff is when it's put in at the factory, it's assembled in a sequence that's best for them.

ECU-MAN
15-11-2010, 08:17 AM
dont swap looms dude

follow this link, it goes indepth into how to wire a EF7 to fit a B16A if you have a EF8 loom. much easier and it will take alot less time.

everything you need is in the link below

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?46374-DIY-ED9-(-88-gen2-CRX-)-B16A-Engine-transplant

hondapop
15-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks ECU-MAN, will have a look at that myself

Spoon-Accord
17-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Ecu man that looks like alot to do! Wouldn't swapping the wiring be a straight in and out instead of cutting this and that?

Spoon-Accord
17-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Don't really want to cut loom and also wanna keep the vss using the ef8 cluster :)

ECU-MAN
18-11-2010, 07:59 AM
its your choice

I would prefeer to do it the method shown in the DIY

if you change loom, some things may not work and you will be required to figure out the issues. this is due to loom differences between EF8/9 and EF7

not hard to fix, just need to know how to diagnose electrical problems

Spoon-Accord
21-11-2010, 09:15 PM
yo johnny sent you a pm. just cleared out my PM box