PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Frontbar

A'PEXi
05-12-2003, 10:32 AM
For those of you who have aftermarket frontbars made of fibreglass - do they fit straight onto the factory mounts.... ie. like the standard frontbar - do they have holes down the bottom to support the bar against wind/scraping etc?... or do you use custom made up mounts which do this for you?... or is your frontbar not bolted in down the bottom and just bolted on up top?

VTi-RT
05-12-2003, 10:49 AM
The cheap bars don't come with holes... which isn't a really bad thing... you drill your own holes to mount.. as for the bottom, you'll have to make custom brackets.

A'PEXi
05-12-2003, 04:25 PM
apparently you dont need custom brackets for the bottom or they will shatter the bar? :P

godzhitman
05-12-2003, 05:09 PM
well i'm no use. mines from jetspeed and it's fits on the std factory mounts ;)

VTi-RT
05-12-2003, 08:55 PM
You don't need to brace the bottom of the bar if you don't want... It's just better to.

I don't know about eg civic's but the bottom part of big front bars for EK's are nowhere near the 10mm bolt holes provided for the original front bar.

A'PEXi
05-12-2003, 09:00 PM
yeh exactly VTi-RT.... i'm thinking of leaving the braces.... couldnt be bothered waiting for them to custom make :P

luzinit
05-12-2003, 09:53 PM
what bar have u got ray??

[[d a n n y]]
05-12-2003, 11:09 PM
yeha mine bolted on perfectly

Civic Type R
07-12-2003, 12:22 PM
You don't need to brace the bottom of the bar if you don't want... It's just better to.

I don't know about eg civic's but the bottom part of big front bars for EK's are nowhere near the 10mm bolt holes provided for the original front bar.
I know last time i went to the pits they did say that the aftermarket front bar must be braced down at the bottom. Their reasons were that the stock front polyeurathane bar was, so should the aftermarket one.

A'PEXi
08-12-2003, 06:01 PM
buddyclub tony :D..... yeh i noticed that the bottom was sorta bolted onto to a thing which looked like a mud flap? i could be wrong but yeh... have checked out a few friends aftermarket bars and they haven't been bolted in down the bottom.... i dont think its nessicary unless your going at extreme speeds ?? hahhaha

mo
08-12-2003, 08:44 PM
haha can't wait ray!! pics pics pics

VTi-RT
09-12-2003, 09:18 AM
The front bar is bolted to the fenders on EK's, so if you hit a curve you can also bend the fenders.

If you can, I would recommend you brace the bottom.