PDA

View Full Version : McChook Motorsport

McChook
12-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Yes, Its true, the McChook Mobile hits the track again. This time, WSID

I would like to say, I did a bunch of 15s, best a 15.704 @ 90mph - slow, yes, but still had full stereo (amps, subs), tubby driver, CDs in console, spare tyre - etc

I hope this shows you all it doesn;t matter what you run or how fast it is - its how much you learn and how much fun you have. Coz that's what motorsport is all about

Pic from EVILhttp://www.club-gti.org/tease/IMG_6851.JPG

VTEC16
12-01-2005, 10:43 PM
slow :thumbdwn:

EDIT: ok that was mean :p

Tip for next time - take out the audio and spare tire!

...still a sweet car :thumbsup:

McChook
12-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah, well, weighed around 1550kg with me in car......

BTW it was 27 degrees for that run, was stinking hot, and had only street rubber - and at 300 bucks a tyre, I wasn;t gonna get too adventurous

Not to mention first EVER drag event.... I barely ever launch hard on the street, let alone on the track - I'm a circuit person, not a drag person

LUD02C
13-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Drag isn't as easy as it looks hey Matty?
I was going to come out and watch, but had to fix the oil cooler in the rotor!

jackosimm
13-01-2005, 10:42 AM
nice effort at 27! woulda been a a boiler in the car

[[d a n n y]]
13-01-2005, 11:03 AM
u suck :P

hahaha

matty when u going next ?

i might come too

joneblaze
13-01-2005, 11:14 AM
I thought a modded h22a of this sort would be rocking at least the very low 15's?

Looks like it puts this thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9690&page=1&pp=12 into high contention once again, seeing that bluebird (as an example) recently ran a lower 15 sec pass in his stock dc2?

Interesting...

MKI4EVA
13-01-2005, 12:15 PM
ewwwwWWW..............got me by that much..........

15.757..........the diff would have been a bee's d1ck with my car...........but a bee's d1ck is long enough.

egSi
13-01-2005, 02:19 PM
your words r so true mcchook :thumbsup: nice man.

EG5
13-01-2005, 02:35 PM
i ran 1.1 sec faster compared to your ET when i race badhbt dc2 integra ( full trim with amps , spare tyres , seat , etc )
so i guess the potential is there for you.

McChook
13-01-2005, 03:50 PM
yeah, but a DC2 is much lighter to start with Jonas..... like 200kgs.... not to mention a better engine - remember, its virtually stock

I'm gonna try and go back in two weeks.

I was just too hot. I HATE saying * i should have*, i hate excuses, but I see no reason why it wouldn't do a 14.9 in 17degrees if I remove the stereo, spare, etc and stiffen the konis - remeber, still has stock springs. On decent rubber, (likely A032Rs) it should only be faster again

As for Tommo, yes, he did a faster time - on smaller wheels, lighter car, (sure, less power) and has dragged before.... I'm a n00b - oh and it WAS ****ING HOT....

MKI4EVA
13-01-2005, 04:22 PM
best of luck........theres nothing left in my car.

tinkerbell
13-01-2005, 08:06 PM
I HATE saying * i should have*, i hate excuses, but I see no reason why it wouldn't do a 14.9 in 17degrees if I remove the stereo, spare, etc and stiffen the konis - remeber, still has stock springs.
well, there are a few reasons,

a) heat does not affect NA cars very much at all,

b) you would need to remove about 400kg to lose 8 whole tenths of a second...

but the most important telling factor is the 60ft time:!:

if over 2.4's you will drop down to low 15's if you can pull 2.2's or under :D

your MPH indicates you should be pulling lower 15's, but i think it is all about practice and learning how to get the car moving off the line...

bluebird
13-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Congrats on the time - good on ya for getting out and having a go :)

I don't think you can compare street performance times to track performance anyway, as it's harder for any driver to adjust to the track conditions, compared to normal road conditions. Oh, and you can't say about my cars weight / power etc etc, esp if you compare stock Teg vs Prelude times... and when I ran, I was defintely stock.

Defintely get the 60ft'rs better (thats where your car should be faster than mine), and you'll get a low 15 :). I am suprised your MPH times weren't higher, does your CAI get plenty of air?

McChook
13-01-2005, 09:43 PM
well, there are a few reasons,

a) heat does not affect NA cars very much at all,

Ummm.....
Well, if the engine is sucking hot air, it isn;t sucking dense air - sure, it was dry, but the air was thin The airbox didn;t get a chance to breate anything but heatsoaked air. It doesn;t matter how much air it breathes, it still makes a difference.. Or should I find the every 4 degrees makes some % difference... I'm sure dad was the excel spreadsheet somewhere

CAI - well, it only has a stock Honda intake - Prelude Type S one, but still has full resonator etc - and black box under black bonnet = shizzle. I'd go for a better intake, but I don't believe CAIs work.... maybe I should try them - I difinitely wasn;t getting anything out of stock airbox last night....

My 60' times were slow due to no slipping of clutch and nothing brave on the front tyres. I have no doubt that it would do a 14.9 with no more performance mods except tyres.... That should bring the 60' times way down

And I'll be going back in 2 weeks to try and do just that.. Unless its a hot one, I'll sit it out til I can try for a sub 20degree run. Next time I WILL be removing stuff, winding up the rear shocks and I may even slip the clutch this time....

MKI4EVA
13-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Ummm.....
Well, if the engine is sucking hot air, it isn;t sucking dense air - sure, it was dry, but the air was thin The airbox didn;t get a chance to breate anything but heatsoaked air. It doesn;t matter how much air it breathes, it still makes a difference.. Or should I find the every 4 degrees makes some % difference... I'm sure dad was the excel spreadsheet somewhere

CAI - well, it only has a stock Honda intake - Prelude Type S one, but still has full resonator etc - and black box under black bonnet = shizzle. I'd go for a better intake, but I don't believe CAIs work.... maybe I should try them - I difinitely wasn;t getting anything out of stock airbox last night....

My 60' times were slow due to no slipping of clutch and nothing brave on the front tyres. I have no doubt that it would do a 14.9 with no more performance mods except tyres.... That should bring the 60' times way down

And I'll be going back in 2 weeks to try and do just that.. Unless its a hot one, I'll sit it out til I can try for a sub 20degree run. Next time I WILL be removing stuff, winding up the rear shocks and I may even slip the clutch this time....

you can borrow my slicks if you think you can get 14.9's man........

if anything I think Tink knows his 1/4mile sheet.........

*insert FastNFurious tunes here*

McChook
13-01-2005, 11:58 PM
you can borrow my slicks if you think you can get 14.9's man........

if anything I think Tink knows his 1/4mile sheet.........

*insert FastNFurious tunes here*But you don't have 16s do you?? Nor do you have a 5x114.9 wheel...
Thanks anyways though... I'd hope I went faster than 14.9 on slicks though...

The key is definitely in the 60' time... Just gotta get that down and go from there

However, this has seen a new found determination from me to ensure I run a 14.9, just to prove it can....

tinkerbell
14-01-2005, 09:00 AM
he he he, musta been bad if you not telling us what your 60's were, lol!

PS - where are the pics of my DC2 sussy stuff man!

and for the 'heat soak' thing, yes the theory is that less dense air is bad, but in reality does it have a real impact?

at WSID i was running in 35 degree heat in the day and 17 degree heat at night, my times were within a few hundreths of each other, and MPH was same to 1 MPH (but i am a pretty consistent driver...)

where as the boosted drivers were lowering their times by 10ths of seconds, not 100ths...

so this shows that for NA, heat is not a factor.

and if you think that you were "heat-soaked", then you need to rev the engine a bit more before your run, to get the air circulating through your IM to cool it down... i found that the burnout sequence was enough for this.

also leaving your engine off as much as possible helps too...

EG5
14-01-2005, 09:03 AM
heat doesnt affect me at all
on feb 2003 drag combat i ran 15.1 ( 30'c plus on that day)
2 weeks ago i ran four runs of 15.1 and four runs of 2.1 60ft ( 18'c ish on that night wsid)
i got more mods than feb 2003 but i cant hit 14's :(

* reaction time got nothing to do with your ET*

WPN.22R
14-01-2005, 10:06 AM
onya matty! good ony a for givin it a go aye:thumbsup: . cant wait till i get out there too and give it a go.. who knows i might run a 15 too hahahaha all in good time mate experience will show through :D

-elee

[stealth]
14-01-2005, 10:28 AM
represent mate... and keep up the good work!

:)

MKI4EVA
14-01-2005, 10:34 AM
But you don't have 16s do you?? Nor do you have a 5x114.9 wheel...
Thanks anyways though... I'd hope I went faster than 14.9 on slicks though...

The key is definitely in the 60' time... Just gotta get that down and go from there

However, this has seen a new found determination from me to ensure I run a 14.9, just to prove it can....if you go again in 2 weeks let me know........i wouldnt mind running again.....

would love to hit 15.5's..........

and oops.....my slicks wouldnt fit ur car.......

wonder if i could chop off 0.2 if i change tyres from 195's slicks (track set) to stock 175's just for the rears for less weight.........hmmm.

tinkerbell
14-01-2005, 10:37 AM
i wanna run my 100% stock DC2 VTiR and see what she pulls?

McChook, any chance of getting that air filter off you before then?

MKI4EVA
14-01-2005, 10:44 AM
heat doesnt affect me at all
on feb 2003 drag combat i ran 15.1 ( 30'c plus on that day)
2 weeks ago i ran four runs of 15.1 and four runs of 2.1 60ft ( 18'c ish on that night wsid)
i got more mods than feb 2003 but i cant hit 14's :(

* reaction time got nothing to do with your ET*
fark man i dunno how u do it yonas.......hehehhe.......

i should be aiming for 15.4's ..........is ur 74kw (or what ever it was) at the wheels...........i've only got 68kw.

MKI4EVA
14-01-2005, 11:10 AM
i wanna run my 100% stock DC2 VTiR and see what she pulls?

McChook, any chance of getting that air filter off you before then?

lets hook up and all 3 of us go next wends..............

the week after is australia day and theres no runs.

EG5
14-01-2005, 11:26 AM
fark man i dunno how u do it yonas.......hehehhe.......

i should be aiming for 15.4's ..........is ur 74kw (or what ever it was) at the wheels...........i've only got 68kw.
74.5kw@wheel
at dyno dave

so slow :(

MKI4EVA
14-01-2005, 11:50 AM
74.5kw@wheel
at dyno dave

so slow :(
i should be closer to your output in a months so we'll see how i go then.........

well its enough to have fun with .......but obviously nothing special.

[[d a n n y]]
14-01-2005, 12:18 PM
lets hook up and all 3 of us go next wends..............

the week after is australia day and theres no runs.
count me in too:D

tinkerbell
14-01-2005, 12:26 PM
so wednesday 19th?

lets do it!

MKI4EVA
14-01-2005, 12:32 PM
so wednesday 19th?

lets do it!
yeh lets..........im very down for it!!

sweet...........

anyone what to start a new post for it..........

McChook
14-01-2005, 12:44 PM
I can;t go til he week after Australia Day - I'm in Melb til Wednesday (and I have stuff I need to do to car ie- make a wiring harness adaptor for the sub and amps to I can unplug it) and Austr. Day I am goin to the Big Day out....

I'll definitely be up for the week afters Aust day though....

My 60" times were pretty much between 2.3 and 2.5seconds... I'll share all information, I got nothing to hide....

joneblaze
14-01-2005, 12:49 PM
*raises his feeble newb hand*..... william, dave.... someone teach me..... i wanna come tooooo.... lol

MKI4EVA
14-01-2005, 01:04 PM
ok then we should make it the wends after Aday then so everyone can go..........

works out well for me as well so I dont need to reschedule anything.

zco
14-01-2005, 01:28 PM
practise makes perfect. if you dont think u can be perfecct, then atleast practice makes you better. good on ya on having a go.. and proud of what u got man.. tops

tinkerbell
14-01-2005, 01:28 PM
*raises his feeble newb hand*..... william, dave.... someone teach me..... i wanna come tooooo.... lol

cool!!!

we can look slow together!!!

i just wanna go for the fun of it, my car has a HKS cat-back, that is it!

i need to inspire myself to get the K20A into the teg, i think a few slow passes might just do this...

i am easy on date, after Aus day could work :)

McChook
14-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Date should be good for me - just have to tell work and leave early....

MKI4EVA
14-01-2005, 02:20 PM
sweet lock it in.

joneblaze
14-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Can someone lend me a helmet.... :)

LOL@tinker, you'll still be a shitload faster than the b18b....

McChook
14-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Can someone lend me a helmet.... :)

LOL@tinker, you'll still be a shitload faster than the b18b....
I have my old Kart helmet, but its way small...

Worth buying one if you have any money - its $250 well spent for an FM helmet - they are decent enough, light enough and is enough to protect your brain

joneblaze
14-01-2005, 03:51 PM
I have my old Kart helmet, but its way small...

Worth buying one if you have any money - its $250 well spent for an FM helmet - they are decent enough, light enough and is enough to protect your brain
Yeah I know... was talking to a few ppl recently and most have suggested to invest in a good helmet. Only prob is that I'll probably drag twice (if that) in the foreseeably next 12 months, and track a similar number of times too. Now while on one hand an investment of $200ish is really nothing to protect your head over the course of a few days driving, it still hurts the wallet when you've got another saving commitments.... :(

Anyone who'd like to loan me one pls let me know :thumbsup:

MKI4EVA
14-01-2005, 04:11 PM
i've got an S size one spare..........

i spent $650 on mine and i think i've only used it twice............hahhaha

joneblaze
14-01-2005, 04:18 PM
LOL... i dun think it'll fit bro. My head's farking massive! ;)

But I never thought you were a S either, so maybe there's a chance... you never know, I just got a haircut! :)

MKI4EVA
14-01-2005, 04:25 PM
no im a L-arge...........hehhehe..........its just a spare that I have thats S.

tegstar83
15-01-2005, 12:55 AM
i spent $650 on mine and i think i've only used it twice............hahhaha[/QUOTE]

MAn y spend all that money on a helment unless u plan on crashing the shiet outta ur car. Imean dont get me wrong or nutthing its ur money u do what u want with it when I get a helmet Im just goin for the cheapest helmet thats approved

panda[cRx]
20-01-2005, 11:34 PM
for those saying its slow, at least he's giving it a go and not trying to be a traffic light warrior then bragging with bullshit stories of how he raped an evo8 or something
good work, keep it up

McChook
20-01-2005, 11:58 PM
']for those saying its slow, at least he's giving it a go and not trying to be a traffic light warrior then bragging with bullshit stories of how he raped an evo8 or something
good work, keep it upCheers Cobba :thumbsup:

HOWEVER, week after Australia day, be prepared... I WILL (do everything possible) to run a sub 15 second time.... First steps begin tomorrow.

panda[cRx]
21-01-2005, 01:53 AM
when i get my car on the road i plan for some n00b 1/4 mile action myself, i'll post the results lol

shecomb
24-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Cheers Cobba :thumbsup:

HOWEVER, week after Australia day, be prepared... I WILL (do everything possible) to run a sub 15 second time.... First steps begin tomorrow.
I hope the "first steps" don't mean on a treadmill....LOL That is taking weight reduction a little too far!! :D

Get the subs, spare and back seat out, you will be sub 15 then if its a nice cool night.

Mang Epren
25-01-2005, 01:03 PM
yeh good luck

McChook
28-01-2005, 09:51 AM
I hope the "first steps" don't mean on a treadmill....LOL That is taking weight reduction a little too far!! :D

Get the subs, spare and back seat out, you will be sub 15 then if its a nice cool night.Well, actually mate, a few steps on the treadmill might hurt - there's a keg I could remove without touching the car