PDA

View Full Version : what do melbourne tuners tune?

honda_zivic
17-11-2010, 03:45 PM
b4 i go and buy a ecu i would like 2 know what do Melbourne tuners tuned or familiar with.
for example crome n others are used in usa. so was wondering if any1 here tunes them.

mugen_ctr
17-11-2010, 05:04 PM
best to call workshops as they all use different/favor different ecu to other workshops.

Look up the workshop thread an go from there, few phone calls to em should set things straight

Riced_Civic
17-11-2010, 06:05 PM
yep call and ask is your best bet,

honda_zivic
17-11-2010, 09:41 PM
yea. but fuk no 1 tunes chiped ecu's.

All the below workshops support the following ECU’s

APEXI Power FC + PowerFC Pro software
HONDATA - S100 / S200 / S300 / K100 / KPro
MOTEC - AUTRONIC - MICROTECH EMS HALTECH AEM EMS - WOLF 3D - Greddy E-Manage VAFC / VAFC II / SAFC Apexi intercepor units – AVCR / E01 / Blitz Boost Controllers

so now im on a hunt for 1 of those listed.

mugen_ctr
17-11-2010, 11:49 PM
chipped ecu is the hondata S100

The question is why do u need it? Full retune, with rebuilt motor?

If so many go with Hondata S300 an plus few workshops specialiaze in these ecus

honda_zivic
18-11-2010, 02:01 PM
chipped ecu is the hondata S100

The question is why do u need it? Full retune, with rebuilt motor?

If so many go with Hondata S300 an plus few workshops specialiaze in these ecus

i just slap on a turbo setup on my d15, need sum ecu for it thats all.
what i had in mind was just get a chipped base map ecu and drive around with it meantime
until i get a d16y1 or d16a8 which im going to rebuild it with forged internals and other stuff in it.
so i dont have to pay twice for a tune.

mugen_ctr
18-11-2010, 04:00 PM
i guess it comes down to budget really, how much ur willing to fork out, an plus, bear in mind a proper tuning session to the added factor, dont cheap out on the tune, u want the engine to last, so pay that extra for a good reputable tuner.

If ur wanting to drive on a base map, im assuming its only for a week? Iev never heard of anyone driving on a base map, an if so its only for a short period of time till they get it into the workshop for a tune, reason being is obvious, its not a proper tune suited to the car an its setup, incorrect A/F, timing, ignition etc etc..

Greddy piggy back comes into my mind if ur looking for that, as its a piggy back an still requires function of the oem ecu

honda_zivic
18-11-2010, 04:33 PM
i would spend 600 max on a good ecu that is. and to top tuning labour as well thats more than a 1k.
which is alot for me right now as i dont have a stable job as i only its work casual.

i dont drive the car much, only 1-2 times a wk,plus staying in vacuum not boost, also just to keep oil lubricated in turbo an charge my batt. i have 3 daily cars so this car just sits here most times.

i was thinking greddy blue e manage. people say its sht, but rekon does the job.

SEPSIR
18-11-2010, 05:37 PM
i would pay for a good aftermarket ecu
after you installd new workd motor just retune
a workd motor with a piggyback/chippd ecu is no good as i have done these before

mugen_ctr
18-11-2010, 06:29 PM
if u want, u could get 2nd hand ecu, i dont see any problem with it, hondata S200 or even a haltec unit could do the job, but at the end of the day, it comes down to the tuner an how he/she does it...

I suppose if u really wanted to, just order the ecu from the states, be hella cheaper than getting it here brand new

honda_zivic
19-11-2010, 06:08 PM
yea fink i mite just grab a greddy e manage ultimate and call it a day. wat ya rekon?

honda_zivic
19-11-2010, 06:21 PM
has any1 heard of emanage gold? been searching couldnt find sht.