john smells.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rt/weq/ecu.jpg
stock ecu when cracked open

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rt/weq/ecu2.jpg
don't forget this screw when removing the pcb

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rt/weq/ecu3.jpg
ready to be violated :D

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rt/weq/ecu4.jpg
took the solder in the holes out.. bloody wave soldering. Had to use a bigger soldering iron for some bits, as the one I have for doing smd work isn't hot enough.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rt/weq/ecu5.jpg
Completed with the parts given.The capacitors, resistors and link are dodgied cause I couldn't be bothered trying to take the solder out of those holes.

cheers

Weq
13-01-2005, 12:07 PM
done already! looks good.

bennjamin
13-01-2005, 01:04 PM
ok....for myself and everyone else....

what is the point of this barbaric exercise ? :)

Weq
13-01-2005, 01:11 PM
its a p28 being set up for a chip. its how hondata is installed. there are freeware programs out like uberdata and crome which do the same kinda thing as hondata (features vary though). im gonna be running uber or crome, still deciding.

Chi
13-01-2005, 02:27 PM
LOL weq, thats why u want my ecu, just in case u stuff htis one up !!!...

Weq
13-01-2005, 02:42 PM
MAYBE *grin*

Rt!
13-01-2005, 05:46 PM
me? stuff up? nar. ;)

tinkerbell
13-01-2005, 08:00 PM
The capacitors, resistors and link are dodgied cause I couldn't be bothered trying to take the solder out of those holes.

me? stuff up? nar. ;)
famous last words ;)

ProECU
13-01-2005, 09:29 PM
just keep in mind whatever route you take, neither are true REALTIME and i hope you are familiar with eprom programming and involved costs there

eknine
13-01-2005, 09:48 PM
just keep in mind whatever route you take, neither are true REALTIME and i hope you are familiar with eprom programming and involved costs thereshow some support mate!

don't hard sell between the lines!

at least the boys are doing something constructive:D

Rt and Weq get my thumbs up!:thumbsup: :p

poid
13-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Doesnt Crome support the same real-time board that you use for ProECU anyway?

I believe it does, and will be doing some testing with it soon along with [Blitz]

Weq
13-01-2005, 10:05 PM

I believe it does, and will be doing some testing with it soon along with [Blitz]
i grabbed an ostrich. maybe we can compare notes ;)

Rt!
13-01-2005, 10:06 PM
famous last words ;)
I got my special techniques :)

poid
13-01-2005, 10:12 PM
i grabbed an ostrich. maybe we can compare notes ;)
excellent, i was thinking about grabbing Ostrich myself!

ProECU
13-01-2005, 10:33 PM
show some support mate!

don't hard sell between the lines!

at least the boys are doing something constructive:D

Rt and Weq get my thumbs up!:thumbsup: :p

go back to school, you obviously cant read between lines very well.

ProECU
13-01-2005, 10:38 PM

crome supports the pgmfi realtime board. Id does not support proecu realtime.
I never mentioned proecu in this thread, in fact, was trying to point u guys in the right direction. Dont make me look like the bad guy here, Poid you know full well how much ive helped u with free information.

If you want to evaluate crome be my guest... but i thought you already had to no avail...... time to come clean!

[Blitz]
14-01-2005, 08:16 AM
Yes, we've got 2 real time boards ready to go (although we only really need 1). We'll be testing both Crome and Uberdata for real time prog.

Psst Evan, I'm the one using Crome more than Poid is, and I'm sure whatever help you've provided was highly appreciated.

ProECU
14-01-2005, 09:05 AM
As you will find out, data corruption with RTP is a real issue. So dont be driving the car while testing!

poid
14-01-2005, 10:08 AM
nah i havent tested Crome much, i've been using Uberdata. As [Blitz] said, he has been using Crome. I have had successful Crome tunes running the car, i just prefer the Uberdata interface and the car has been running Uberdata tuned ROM's for a good 9 months now ;) [Blitz]'s car is currently running a Crome tuned ROM successfully.

I was merely pointing out that real-time is available, not trying to make you look like the bad guy dude. Though i am not sure what the differences are between the ProECU board and the pgmfi one...wasnt the pgmfi RT board developed by one of the developers of ProECU in any case?

Thanks for the hint, we'll do our initial testing while stationary ;)

Weq
15-01-2005, 01:22 PM
received the ostrich today. great little unit, plug n play, no fuss with burners. in less then a minute i had a boost basemap uploaded and ready to run on my 440cc injectors on both crome and uberdata..

the maps uploaded and downloaded correctly and the roms verified. crome works well in realtime programming, while uberdata u need to hit the upload button currently (no realtime update yet).. so first signs look ok. but i am gonna be heavily aware of the issues that evan has pointed out, defaintly not ignoring that. Crome has issues with downloading the maps once u upload them (random corruption), but if u save them to ur hdd, there is no need - and the verify button can be used to compare the differences between ur current map and the uploaded map. Uber doesnt have this issue.

anyways only thing missing now is my head. its still at the machine shop getting worked on, i'll start a thread on that monday/tuesday ;)