PDA

View Full Version : VB Garage

SiR JDM
13-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Just looking throught tonight, was trying to find specifically 1 members car and I had to scroll through 8 or 9 pages to find that user..
I know its not much... but as Ozhonda is growing rappidly.. i remember when VB garage was first implimented, there was 1 page... when i checked back there was like 6! The site, and its member base is growing pretty fast.. so id imagine the VB garage will too... so a search function would be helpful =]

Also, another suggestion if possible, a PM or some sort of notification (if there isn't one already, its been awhile since I had one) when a comment is posted on your VB Garage :) Thats all :wave:

Sp3rMz
13-01-2005, 01:12 AM
James you do realise you could have just searched for the users name through our search function. Then go to his or her post/thread then click on car specs. It would have taken you a whole one minute if that. Next time try that :D. I like your idea about the email thing but. I have like 3 4 comments and I never realised it until someone told me.

-Tien

SiR JDM
13-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Fair Enough Tien... but maybe the could search incorporate more than just user name.. like..have search options via say for example:
- most recent
- most popular (via comments)
- model (accord, civic, integra, blah)

just suggestions =) not a scripter so dunno how simple/complicated it would be

Sp3rMz
13-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Yes you do have a good point there. Thing is why would the scripters waste their time scripting up something new when we already have a search funtion which is so basic to use. Also there is an advance search section to. Fact is not many people really go through VBgarage as they would a normal forum. Unless their is a bigger demand for VBgarage and a search function incorporated with VBgarage, I don't believe its going to happen nor is it necessary.

-Tien

wynode
15-01-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm no scripter either...........If a new version of VBgarage comes out......i'll check it out and try upgrading :)