PDA

View Full Version : 3 point immobiliser

PeppeX
21-11-2010, 05:55 PM
I am currently in the middle of buying a car and the dealer said he will include a 3 point immobiliser. I'm not sure if it has been installed in the car already or not. How am i able to test or find out it has a 3 point immobiliser.

xclusive_eg8
21-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Jump in car and try to start with just key. If it don't then there's your immobiliser

najdi
21-11-2010, 06:42 PM
ye ul press ur button to open doors but aftermarket immobilisers usually have a red flashing light near the cluster then u press ur aftermarket keypad then ur blinkers should blink then u can start it..if u start it with a red light flashing and it dusnt start then ye thats ur immobiliser...cant u just ask for receipts ?

PeppeX
21-11-2010, 06:46 PM
ye ul press ur button to open doors but aftermarket immobilisers usually have a red flashing light near the cluster then u press ur aftermarket keypad then ur blinkers should blink then u can start it..if u start it with a red light flashing and it dusnt start then ye thats ur immobiliser...cant u just ask for receipts ?

Yes i guess i can ask for receipts. But its am imported car so i might have been put in, in japan.

JohnO
21-11-2010, 07:25 PM
maybe get the brand of alarm you want and make the importer install that also common faults is the central locking acutator it'll need to get replaced sooner or later so import to check that. for the ep if it has an immob there should be a led bulb next to the changing mirrors button.