PDA

View Full Version : Keep the s2k?

LEWD
22-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Here's an odd one, recently got my bike licence and now Im in the position of do I keep it or not, the it being my s2k. I love the damn thing, but feel bad for driving it to work, so I have been recently contemplating getting a second car to commute in.

Now I ask, is it worth getting rid of the S, buying a better daily driver and then a bike to have fun with or do I end up with 3 modes of transport? If I keep the S I will obviously get something not as nice to drive and ride, but if I dont I can get a nice car and a nice bike that I want.

Ultimately, do you guys think that a bike is an adequate replacement for a S2k?

euromandeluxe
22-11-2010, 01:05 PM
It depends, what would you use the S and the bike for? If you think you'd be doing long trips/holidays etc then maybe keeping the S works better.

If you dont need practicality my ideal solution would be keep the S, dd it and get a bike.

zhong
22-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Why don't you keep the S, get a bike and ride that to work?

LEWD
22-11-2010, 04:26 PM
i dont do long roads trips in the s, much more a squirt down GOR or through black spur etc, something that I am considering doing on a bike instead. DD the S feels like having a fit bird and watching tv with her, its not right....ultimately id need a dd, especially in the winter.

ludecrs
22-11-2010, 04:32 PM
I have a shitty 03 model Magna wagon I use a daily driver.
Why not just get a cheap runabout, falcon, magna, 380, Commodore, Skyline etc.
Shit I saw a S13 for $1650 on JDMST today.

Vtec8U :D
22-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Here's an odd one, recently got my bike licence and now Im in the position of do I keep it or not, the it being my s2k. I love the damn thing, but feel bad for driving it to work, so I have been recently contemplating getting a second car to commute in.

Now I ask, is it worth getting rid of the S, buying a better daily driver and then a bike to have fun with or do I end up with 3 modes of transport? If I keep the S I will obviously get something not as nice to drive and ride, but if I dont I can get a nice car and a nice bike that I want.

Ultimately, do you guys think that a bike is an adequate replacement for a S2k?

ill trade you my stock as a rock EG4 for it...awsome daily, really good on fuel and when you get back on the bike you'll be glad that its not ruined by something almost as fast :)

brendan1990
22-11-2010, 05:30 PM
i dont do long roads trips in the s, much more a squirt down GOR or through black spur etc, something that I am considering doing on a bike instead. DD the S feels like having a fit bird and watching tv with her, its not right....ultimately id need a dd, especially in the winter.

u know the cops are doing a blitz on gor now mostly for bikes yeh?

garett
22-11-2010, 06:38 PM
im going through a very similar situation at the moment

but im looking to sell my bike to put toward an S2k
check your PM

YLDS2K
23-11-2010, 10:46 AM
g'day guys, Working within the motorcycle industry and owning an S i have an input that might be helpfull. When i first bought my S i was using it as a DD until i was able to buy myself an old shit box ford falcon with wind up windows. Its on gas and is a lot cheaper to run, it saves the k's on the S and it also sits in the nice cool garage as opposed to the heat we are now getting coming closer to summer. I dont currently own a bike as i dont need to as i just ride what is given to me from the showroom, basically my view is that its a great thrill to be on a bike and soak up athmosphere on a bike although you have to look at the saftey issues as your more likely to hurt yourself in a accident (IF) it happens. Also the weather, if its warm and your wearing your gear it can get hot and sweaty and if its cold well, u know what its going to be like. Basically weigh up your options financially and emoitnally and see what u can afford and if both, keep both as they both provide different thrills.

i just want to ask, what sort of bike r u looking at getting? because that will play a role if your were to get a sports bike compared to a long distance tourer, and last but not least, if you want to buy a bike u can come and see me if your in melb and i'll get yourself a good deal, pm me if your interested