PDA

View Full Version : Intercoolers - Tube & finn vs Bar & plate

poweredbyhonda
05-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Hi all,

now there are a few debates on whether the Tube & finn design is better or not than the Bar & plate design.

Quote:

"Tube and fin cores are more common than bar and plate. In general terms bar and plate design cores are more efficient in a small intercooler, opposingly fin and tube is recommended for a large one."

http://www.are.com.au/feat/techt/intercooler.htm

See above site for pics and more info.

fueltank
06-12-2003, 11:03 AM
Personally, I'd pick a power figure then choose a correctly sized core that will flow your power. That way you don't over size (lag) or under size your cooler.

IMO, t&f vs b&p....all the same on a street car interms of efficency vs money.

poid
07-12-2003, 09:56 AM
I agree with fueltank, i look at the size of the cooler you actually need and make sure its decent quality. Both T&F and B&P do the job well.

Different manufacturers will make various claims as to which is better, depending of course on what they themselves use

BLKCRX
10-12-2003, 08:01 AM
Tube and fin is more suited for drag track racing and quick races, due to the way they flow and exchange heat, bar and fin is more for normal driving.
But having said that... i don't believe anyone will see much difference in there low boosted Honda car unless your serious going to get into racing i wouldn’t bother.....

Regards James

razztech
26-02-2004, 10:56 PM
i second that james....