PDA

View Full Version : Watery noise

s2kjn
23-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi Guys,

I have just noticed a watery-like noise (the type as if u have water in a 2L bottle thats half full) every time i slowly go over a hump or come to a stop. The noise seems to be coming from the inside on the driver side. YES I've checked the whole car for any bottles, but it seems to be coming from the right of the steering wheel.

Just last night, after I turned off the car in my carpark, the watery noise lasted for about 5-7 secs. It seems to be happening more frequently now.

I can't pinpoint where the noise is coming from, so I thought I'd ask the experts!

Much appreciated

YLDS2K
23-11-2010, 10:49 AM
thats a weird one, all i could think about is that its the fuel rolling around in the tank but surely that cant be it. Reason y i even suggested it was because i can hear the gas splashing around in the tank in my DD ford dalcon, but never in the S.

s2kjn
23-11-2010, 10:51 AM
That was my first assumption too. But I also found it hard to believe, especially since I can hear it so clearly coming from the driver's side.

zhong
23-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Washer bottle? Try filling it up and see if it makes that sound... Otherwise, maybe your car's dash has been removed and during re-installation someone left their bottle of mount franklin in there and forgot about it... Don't ask me how I came up with the idea........

Other than that, it can only be rain trapped in your gutters in your boot.. Take our your false floor and check the bottom for water.. Check the side drains etc etc

s2kjn
23-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I hope thats the problem. ps whats the false floor?

zhong
23-11-2010, 11:54 AM
That lid that covers your factory jack/tools. Basically, try to lift the carpet to the lowest point in the boot to find water!

nickk
23-11-2010, 11:55 AM
do you get water inside your car when you wash it?

s2kjn
23-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Nah, only through the little whole from the roof which is just above my head. I hope its water~!

jrstyles
23-11-2010, 04:49 PM
while we're on the subject of washer bottle does anyone else notice how much water that thing takes!

nickk
23-11-2010, 05:02 PM
1. Open the door
2. Get someone to stand on the sill panel and bounce up and down.
3. Run around the car and find where the noise is coming from.

tay113
23-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Incase you can smell somethings off or rust smell than it could be trapped water underneath the sill or like nick suggested ,bounce up and down the side of the sill.

VeYzZii
23-11-2010, 06:16 PM
That lid that covers your factory jack/tools. Basically, try to lift the carpet to the lowest point in the boot to find water!

Yeap. Your boot fills up with water. I found about a litre the first time i checked. I realised when i smelt a mouldy smell from my boot. Took out all the carpet and found water. It runs in, im guessing, from the soft top somehow, and runs down under the carpet to the lowest place, which is the hole in our boots..

najdi
23-11-2010, 07:41 PM
try blowing out the drain tubes on the roof and see if that helpes..could have a lil bit blocking up and just swooshing around..but ye pretty much remove everything in ur car bottles clothes etc take for roadtest whilst firmly placing ur and on trims roof etc and see if it stops any noises then eliminate stuff and see how u go

garett
23-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I had a similar thing in my old mx5 turned out the water drains were blocked from the soft top I got a woodern skewer (for shazlics) and got under the car and poked all the water drain holes I could see to releave the water which was building up in the guards and doors etc. Heaps came out as the small drain holes were blocked with dirt. Maybe have a look for something similar

s2kjn
24-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Ahh ok thanks so much guys, will give it a shot on the weekend.

s2kjn
25-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Im getting more relieved that its nothing mechanically major!