PDA

View Full Version : legal to use the light tint in Australia?

Bobcool
23-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi guys, may I ask is it legal to use the light tint in Australia? Here is the link from ebay, please check.

http://cars.shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?_nkw=Tail+Light+Smoked+Tint&_sacat=6030&_dmpt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=light+tint&_osacat=6030&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

_bORdO_
23-11-2010, 10:05 PM
I think it may be illegal as it reduces the light transmission making your brakes lights less effective.

Im not that familiar with road rules and regulations - maybe someone else can comment better for you.

mugen_ctr
23-11-2010, 10:28 PM
pretty much sums it up, u cannot tint tail lights as it reduces the brightness... an plus u dont want to be defected over something as small as this, mite look cool, but is it worth the hassle?

miss_motorsport
23-11-2010, 10:35 PM
the year that your vehicle was built the lights that are issued with that car ar ADR'D (Australian Design Rules) so if you alter or modify them from original, for example if you tint the lenses they are concidered defectable.. i am not sure about the rest of Australia but i can certainly assure you that NSW police love the car enthusiests as we help raise revenue...

na-118
23-11-2010, 10:38 PM
pretty much anything outside manufacturers specs, or OEM regulations is defectable all up to you and the FUZZ/ POPO'S out there