PDA

View Full Version : How to disable fault code light???

Nightrider
13-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone
I've just had might center muffler replaced at Midas on my CRX (Its a Jap import EF6 with dual carb d15b) However, the aussie spec muffler doesn't have a place for an oxygen sensor in the center muffler. Midas didn't transplant the old sensor over so now I've got a fault code on my dash.
Thankyou Midas.... :(

Performance isn't effected, neither is fuel consumption.

Has anyone disbled a fault light before - as its the easiest, most affordable solution.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
Kris

Nightrider
13-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Bump

ECU-MAN
13-01-2005, 06:37 PM
well to fix your problem you must put the O2 sensor back in. take it back to them and make them fix there mistake. to reset the ECU remove the 7.5A ecu fues for 30 sec or disconnect your negative batttgry terminal for the same amount of time.

if you dont reconnect the O2 sensor you will forever be logging fault code 1

Limbo
13-01-2005, 06:46 PM
without the o2 sensor you car will run richer and take more fuel.
I would take it back also. They should have told you that before they put the exhaust in and i'm sure that a reputable shop like that should have put the O2 sensor back on!

Which dodgy midas isit?

BLKCRX
13-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Here's some info on how to "fool" the ecu into thinking the o2 sensor is connected ;-)

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=184

Regards James

ECU-MAN
13-01-2005, 09:41 PM
James, An EF civic would only have a 1 wire O2 sensor, the ecu would still register that there is no O2 signal input and richen the engine and log code 1.

that trick you posted would only prevent code 41 ( o2 heater ) from being logged only on 4 wire O2 sensors.

Nightrider
14-01-2005, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the assistance everyone.
I was in such a rush that day. Didn't have time to argue with the coit at the front counter......now I wish I had!!!
The old o2 sensor was scrapped with the old muffler :(
So looks like a new/second hand 02 is required to fix the issue.
More opening of my wallet and saying bye bye..

Before going down to the workshop to tell them off I might put in a call to Consumer Protection to brush up on how things are supposed to work out.

Cheers

Kris

ECU-MAN
14-01-2005, 06:14 PM
if they removed your 02 sensor and threw it in the bin it is there responsibility to supply and fit a new one.
I think they have made your car unroadworthy. coz as a direct result of what they have done has made your engine run rich and blowing out excessive emmissions.

v3rdino
14-01-2005, 06:31 PM
i agree wit ecu-man. if they caused the problem why should u be the one having to pay for a new part

Setanta
15-01-2005, 06:50 PM
A ED6 one should fit too - ring a honda wreckers.