PDA

View Full Version : bought a d16y1 What do i do?

smallsn
26-11-2010, 07:06 PM
My mate's engine head blown, so he bought a d16y1 head and got a breeze gear box with it too.
I did the change for him switch it in with my dad and yup everything in. My mate bought it for 450 - 550 - the guy, that he bought the engine head off, said " it was cleaned or something". I took the valve springs out, and checked the valves, it wasn't that cleaned, so i cleaned them all myself. Pretty much clean the engine head inside myself. Pop in the valves spring and yeah pop it in the car. I tried to do the timing belt, it was a bitch. It would turn but then gets harder and get stuck. Didn't know what was the problem until i look at his old engine. Found out that the guy he bought off, sold him with the first corn rod bearing. I can make it move abit and it not suppose to move.

What should he do? Ask him to get some money back or what?
Because i can just take out his first corn rod bearing from his old engine and replace with the broken one.
I don't know if the seller knows about this.

Oz_Striker
26-11-2010, 09:39 PM
ask him if he did know mate, chances are that he'll just say he didn't know but you'll be able to tell if he's bulls***ing or not if you go and see him face to face. Either way i'd still hit him up for some componsation. I know if i was the one that sold the head to your mate, and i didn't know it was damaged i would still give you some money back for the problem. just depends on whether he's an honest bloke or not. I'd still replace the bearing because it needs to be done anyway, but i still think it's worth a try at getting some money back anyway mate

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

smallsn
27-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeh, i should since my mate needs money atm. Replacing the bearing is no problem and no cost. Thank mate.

smallsn
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Okay now like the engine was like fixed, and its inside back into the car. When you accelerate, it is really slow, even when you flat foot it. Think there a problem with the fuel system now.
Eg. Neutral, when you accelerate it pumps normally and fast. But when you make the car move, it does not pump and power. Eg. I leave my foot on the accelerate pedal, (note im in gear 1)it will take like 3 secs to just reach to 2000RPM, then it goes abit faster and then shift to two, flat foot it still takes like 3-5 secs to even get to 2000-2500 RPM. LOLS a guy/girl running will beat the car.

~Sp33~
10-12-2010, 04:00 PM
lol @ corn rod.

Is the timing correct?

smallsn
28-12-2010, 12:27 AM
It was a little bit off. Now i heard he got it back on the road, however when he redline the car it shuts off.

AE092
29-12-2010, 05:46 AM
Recheck your ignition timing again to see if it matches with the OEM recommendations. You'll need a timing light and may need to do it via the diagnostics route to ensure it's done right. That's how it's done on old school Toyota's anyway.