View Full Version : NSW Buying a Blueslipped car

27-11-2010, 06:10 AM
Hey all - just quick question regarding this..
I'm looking at buying a car that had rego run out in June, so the seller has gone out to get a blueslip for the car - inspection PASSED.

What is the process now? I've been told by a few people that there is no transfer/stamp duty fee because there is no rego?

Can someone please confirm/clarify for me?

27-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Preety sure you just need to take that and take the reciept from seller to the RTA to get everything under your name.

I don't think you need to pay the transfer/stamp duty but you might have to pay different fee's due to registering it under your name for the first time from a un-registered vehicle.

Not 100% sure though!

27-11-2010, 01:49 PM
At the blue slip joint the owner would've gotten an unregistered vehicle application form.

Assuming that it had passed, you agree on price and have a receipt written out to you (including vin/chasis number, engine number, colour of car, kms reading on the odometer, purchase price, seller and buyers details date of sale) you then go an get a 12month green slip (no number plate recorded)

Take your license, blue slip, green slip, receipt of purchase and the cars old number plates if it got to the rta and bingO!

You wont need to pay for any transfer fees but you will need to pay for a 12 months green slip, new number plates, 12 months of rego and the stamp duty on the price of purchase.

True story, it happened to me last week :) the end.

27-11-2010, 11:06 PM
What misteR_bilzz said is exactly right, I went through the same process couple weeks ago

plus you need a hard copy of your CTP (greenslip) when you go to RTA