PDA

View Full Version : AH civic mods/questions

he-tec
28-11-2010, 12:33 PM
After some insight from anyone who has done any mods to their stock 3rd gen EW motor?

Thinking of doing some simple basic mods to start with.

also due for new clutch soon - which clutch did you go for and cost for parts/labour..

I'm guessing the EW is 1.3L single carb?
does the standard exhaust system have cat converter?

no suspension or body mods for me as I have it in a 1st gen shell.
possible future mods would be upgrading to dual carb./browsing redpepper.com:)

I read that the d16a3 from 86-89 integra will bolt in quite easily into the 3rd gen civics, would it be much more work to fit it in the 1st gen shell since I've already got the EW motor in?

Thanks in advance

he-tec
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
no one owns a 3rd gen AH civic?

fat_85_civic
04-12-2010, 10:49 PM
How did you mount it in the 1st gen?
If you used the stock mounts and modified the body you should be able to fit in a D16a3 easily

anjin
05-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Have a look in redpepperracing (us site) and crx-uk. Lot of information in those sites. Not a lot of activity for those generations in Australian forums - those interested in gen 3 civics and gen 1 crx's tend to go onto redpepperracing.

But yes, the d16a3 from the first gen integra (vacuum advance) will fit into the gen 3 civic/gen 1 crx. Axles can be tricky - changing to integra hubs is the preferred path, although you can retain the old hubs and change the outer cv bits in the axles. And you would normally start with a fuel injected shell, as upgrading from carb to fi is a mission with swapping the fuel pump and running a new fuel line.