PDA

View Full Version : GD 1.5 slight stumble while accelerating through 2K rpm?

Philip A
30-11-2010, 01:03 PM
I have been tuning my GD and have done valve clearances and now new plugs.
I still have a slight stumble while accelerating on relatively light acceleration through 2K rpm.
I think it is most probably the EGR valve, and I removed it today and cleaned the exhaust crap off what you can see as much as possible but really it made little difference.
It looks like a small poppet valve so probably is not sticking very much, although I was able to get a dental pick under it and lift it slightly so maybe it is leaking.
I have read that people have had new EGR valves fitted by Honda under a program. My question is were the symptoms as described and did a new EGR valve fix it? Or do they all have a bit of a stumble?
Regards Philip A

Philip A
01-12-2010, 08:53 AM
OK, another question.
Has anyone placed a plate under the EGR valve to effectively disable EGR as per what some US posters have done . I know that if you disconnect the plug it will show faults on the ECU.
If so did the ECU log any faults or a check engine light come on?
I do not think it would , but I do not feel like paying $100 to have faults cleared by a dealer.
Also was there any effect on stumble and fuel economy.
Regards Philip A

tangyoonee
17-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I think my friend's Jazz has the same problem. It feels like gears are free spinning. This happened to my previous Jazz few year back but can't remember what was the problem. Someone should know here in Ozhonda

porpor
13-01-2011, 03:15 PM
it's time to change the CVT fluid(HMMF)

Philip A
15-01-2011, 08:53 AM
In a manual?
No it is engine related not gearbox.
Regards Philip A

fillit
15-01-2011, 12:42 PM
is it through a particular gear or through all gears?

Philip A
15-01-2011, 12:54 PM
usually second gear after turning into my street.
Occurs sometimes in third.
Regards Philip A

CB7_OWNER
15-01-2011, 10:27 PM
If you are willing to pay a local dealership(labour) to hook it up to a HDS( Honda Diagnostic Sysyem) to scan for DTC's and, run the EGR valve test, that will give you an answer.. On the HDS there is a miscellaneous test that lets you test the EGR valves operation.

Also did this only occur after you adjusted the valves and replaced sparks? You positive the clearances were spot on? on a stone cold engine?

Philip A
16-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Also did this only occur after you adjusted the valves and replaced sparks? You positive the clearances were spot on? on a stone cold engine?

Yes. It seems unrelated to valve clearances. It was there prior.
Regards Philip A

stylzjhn
02-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I don't know if this would help but Mine vibrated pretty bad at around 2k rpm also under light acceleration but ones it got to a higher speed it stopped. Only happened when i accelerate. It was because i had a broken engine mount. This is prob totally unrelated.

chow_tofu
24-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Ring up your local Honda dealer and ask them about your Jazz for extended warranty. Some models have the gearbox covered to 7 years of purchase date or 160 000KMs, which ever comes first. Most jazz rumble/shudder on take off is covered by warranty and you wont have to pay a cent.

My kept on vibrating so I just kept on going back.

1. Flush CVT Fluid
if problem occurs again

2. Reset ECU(had to pay for this as I didnt change the battery correctly :S)
if problem occurs again

3. Recondition / Replace start-up clutch.
im only up to this stage at the moment

vtek
26-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Doesnt sound like Cvt or Egr Valve.