PDA

View Full Version : cars running rich

YBJLS4
30-11-2010, 04:48 PM
got a dc2r. a few months ago, there was some heavy build up of black dirt from the exhaust on my rear bar, but it hasn't happen lately. tho, i can hear the car, back fire? its not loud, its like a soft burping noise at low RPMs. anyway i think its doing damage to my spoon streets muffler as i can hear something rattling inside when i start the car

im also getting pretty shit mileage, usually ill get about 380kms out of a tank, this fill up is going to be around 320.

so what are the initial steps to do?

where can i get a tune to fix it running rich, for a cheap price

Alexplicit
30-11-2010, 05:41 PM
does it have an after market ecu? is the engine light on?

najdi
30-11-2010, 10:29 PM
dont think u need a tune..as for the rattling noise just check all ur bolts and hangers are tight man...check ur gaskets on joining pipes r not effed and as for the runnign rich...do a injector flush, use 98 octane, do full service plugs n fuel filter and im sure ur problem will be gone..if u need any help leme no

dness
30-11-2010, 10:45 PM
same prob here, 400km or a little bit more per tank. I think I should be getting at least 450km or more..?
noticed this problem after muffler installation which I thought was odd. Other people seem to install a full catback with none/hardly any change in mileage.
no soot on rear bar, just a line of soot underneath the muffler tip.

Haven't really gotten around to checking it out. Planning to put some injector cleaner and see how that goes. o2 sensor seems ok and I've always used 98 octane.
bahh! Annoying

YBJLS4
30-11-2010, 10:56 PM
its not the hangers. intially my exhaust was making a real tinny sound at 2,5k rpm, sounded like shit. it stopped after awhile, now it sounds like something is inside the muffler rotating around it as the car idles. it goes as i rev.

but then again, i did a service, after driving was some whirring sound, faster the sound the faster i was going, and it sounded like the exhaust spring on the bolt or someshit like that, went over a steep bump, sound disappeared. lol bundles of exhaust sound problems i get

dougie_504
30-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Maybe some asshole put a pebble inside your muffler? What backpipe are you using? I've heard that if you use a poor quality backpipe it can corrode the muffler?

Tried resetting your ECU?

JohnnyJohnJohn
01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Maybe try checking your O2 Sensors? mate replaced his since they where covered in carbon build up, which i suspect is what the black dirt that you are referring to? anyway replaced with new one now runs pretty good and better milage aswell.

YBJLS4
02-12-2010, 01:12 AM
hmms ill check that.

im using a buddyclub spec II b pipe. its 5zigen headers, hi flo cat, buddyclub spec II b pipe, spoon streets muff. i just assume the cat shat itself, and is spitting junk down the exhaust

other wierd stuff

- sometimes in the morning, car takes slightly longer to crank over.
- sometimes in gear one, like 5% of the time, happens on a rare occassion, car struggles in gear one, like something is blocking the air, so i gotta give it a quick fang, car jerks and picks up revs quickly, and then returns to normal.

JohnnyJohnJohn
02-12-2010, 10:48 PM
hmm ok, im prolly not the best person to ask haha, but you could try and check the PCV valve, vacuum lines etc, ignition system? maybe your spark plugs may have a problem? leads? Or it maybe as simple as resetting your ECU?

DC2-PWR
02-12-2010, 11:03 PM
hmms ill check that.

im using a buddyclub spec II b pipe. its 5zigen headers, hi flo cat, buddyclub spec II b pipe, spoon streets muff. i just assume the cat shat itself, and is spitting junk down the exhaust

other wierd stuff

- sometimes in the morning, car takes slightly longer to crank over.
- sometimes in gear one, like 5% of the time, happens on a rare occassion, car struggles in gear one, like something is blocking the air, so i gotta give it a quick fang, car jerks and picks up revs quickly, and then returns to normal.

spec II pipe, thats crazy.

i have the same issue, mechanic from 101 in brisbane said it just needs to be tuned, too much air mixing with fuel or something like that.

Super-DA9
03-12-2010, 06:42 AM
replace O2 sensor fo sho