PDA

View Full Version : My Civic..!!!!!!!

ind1
30-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I know its nothing amazing like what you guys have got.. but here it is:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8856/20101130225644.th.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/i/20101130225644.jpg/)
Click on image to enlarge.

Just want to ask a few Q's too:

*See the black stripe, how much does it cost to paint that? DIY or go to paint shop?

*Should I lower it? It seems rather low as is to me. Curbs and speed bumps are rather annoying already but I do know it looks awesome when its low..

*Whats the best fuel? Atm I put BP 95.

*Anything you would do to the car? I'm open to ideas.

Anyway I love the car and think its pretty fun..

Also saving up some more money now.. Thinking of either getting an S2000 (i'm pretty big, so not sure..), Honda Civic Type R EP3, Honda Integra Type R or an Nissan S15.. Any opinions?

THEEYA
30-11-2010, 10:31 PM
you could diy colour coding the black strips, pretty sure there was a diy explaining how to do so on here aswell :]

najdi
30-11-2010, 10:58 PM
il diy it for u for a small fee? l0l and yes go lowerrrrrr um 98 octane is the best and stats show i think it was caltex or mobil had the most concentrate of octane i dnt no which 1 tho sorry and i rekon just tints system hids lowered and save u rmoney otherwise ur gna loose money at the end of the day

dougie_504
30-11-2010, 11:10 PM
^
Is it already tinted though? Or is that just the lighting?

Nice car OP. Looks clean. What rims are those? They look pretty sweet.

Side strips won't cost much to paint dude. They can be removed or just masked up for painting. Will be an easy job.

What is it about curbs and speed humps that's annoying? Are you scraping over them?

Best fuel IMO is BP 98. I don't see the point in putting in 95 since 98 is only 4c more per litre. You save about $1.50-2.00 on a full tank more or less? 98 is superior.

I would do a cheap CAI and full exhaust, height adjustable coilovers, front & rear strut braces and a rear sway bar with sub frame brace. But I like performance modifications and would advise against this path because I know how expensive it will end up being.
Otherwise, a good sound system? Doesn't have to be huge.

ind1
30-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Thx for replies guys.

Ok looks like I'll put in 98 octane. :)

^dougie

Like when I am parking and the curb is there, sometimes it'll scrape.. So a lot of the time now I'm just parking quite a bit from the curb so it doesn't hit it. Not scraping speed bumps just gotta go over 'em real slow. But I just wonder if it would scrape if it was any lower? Not sure.

How do you guys or well, people in general get around with a really low car? I've been driving a 4WD and Getz. Once I got into a Skyline GTS-T and this Civic, bit of a height difference I had to get used to. But sure is worth it!

Appreciate the replies!

dougie_504
30-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Both my cars would hit the curb. You just learn not to get too close by skill/instinct. You cocck your head to the side every time you park to listen closely for the god-awful sound of scraping, and you check how agonisingly close you came to it every time you get out of the car :)

I honestly still have trouble leaving my CRX parked unless it's in my direct line of sight. If it's 50-100m down the road and I'm outside at a cafe I keep standing up to check on it every 10min. And every time I get back to my car I breath a sigh of relief that it's alright. This is an improvement from getting paranoid and having to leave my shopping to go check on it.

This is what happens when you start owning nicer/cleaner cars. It gets better with time though :)

ind1
30-11-2010, 11:50 PM
^hah! I do that :) Granted my car isn't on par with yours but it still is my little baby. Yeah I'm definitely getting better with parking. I parked at Maccas yesterday, got out and looked at my car and went "holy shit". Car was over the curb and on the foot path with about 1 cm from the ground. Looked awesome though :D But I kept bopping my head up here and there just to see its ok. Bloody weird drivers in my apartment buildings car park which I get worried about. On every poll theres scratches and stuff from people scraping their cars against them just hope they don't do that to me and do a runner.

The rims are Mugen rims.. I don't know what specific model or w/e though. Don't know if they're genuine or replicas either. Apart from that, this car is pretty much stock.

dougie_504
01-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Got a better pic of the rims? :D

ind1
01-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah.. here you go:

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/922/20101201185104.jpg

Used microsoft paint and got this result lol:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9821/withcolor.jpg

Idk aye.

Btw I want to paint my break calipers red.. Yeah I know everyone does it, but with the black + white + red peaking through it'll look real nice. What you guys think?

dougie_504
01-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Looks like the Mugen NR although I'm not sure if they came in black with polish lip. Thought they only came in white or mirror finish, though there appear to be some black.

Centre caps looks pretty legit. Could be a bit of a gem you have there - not cheap rims.

Just look on the inside :)

Oz_Striker
01-12-2010, 08:52 PM
mate there are plenty of things you could do to the car but you might want to think about planning ahead if your considering changing to a completely different car. What i mean is don't blow a heap of money on it and then swap lol. People don't always realize that when you modify a car thats 10 or so years old, your never going to get back the money you've spent on it, unless it becomes a collectable. obviously the point of modifying a car is to create something that is unique and something that you enjoy driving, and also because it's great fun and gives you a sense of achievement especially when you do things yourself. IMO if i were you i'd have a think about what type of car you want to end up with and what you want it for, simply a daily driver or maybe as a track car as well, and then stick with the one car and modify it accordingly. Fair enough if you want to mod one car and swap to a different car for something different it's your choice, but it will cost you a lot of money, and if your not rolling in lots of dough then you can make things hard for yourself.

If i was doing up your car i would:
upgrade the suspension components (as dougie said) either a shock + springs combo or coilovers, sway bars, strut bars, subframe brace. A lip kit, those mugen rear wings look pretty neat on your model, type r headlights and grille, tint if there isn't any already. Also as Dougie said an intake and exhaust so it sounds sick lol headers are a good bang for buck mod too

As for the scraping you just let it keep scraping untill it wears down that far that it doesn't scrape anymore lol :P

Just curious, does it just have a D16Y4 in it? give us a few more pics bro :D

ind1
01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Yeah thats true mate. I wasn't planning to buy until a few years anyway. Its just that I love the new Honda Civic Type R hatches but also the older ones. Absolutely love them. Give it a few years and I'll be able to buy one with cold hard cash.

Now as for modifying my current Honda Civic, ya I only want to keep it simple. A few DIY things. Painting the side black things white, painting the brake calipers red. Of course for the suspension I'd take it to a reputable shop, lol. Just want a nicer sound when driving, too. Its not about trying to sound like something it isn't. Having that sound just makes it funner when driving. Hey, I'm still young and haven't aged to the point where I would buy a car because of how quiet it is so my kids can stay asleep.

I'll tell ya this, too.. Honda CRX, the older ones.. I have something for them. Just love the look of 'em.

I'll get some more pictures soon. The cars a little dirty at the moment.. -.- Plus its been raining here in Melbourne, bloody annoying. I purchased some cheap ass fake Mugen seat covers on eBay. Now they are nice covers for sure, however a friend of mine thinks that we should remove the seats and put them on really nice and firm, so they're tight to the seat and look almost like its a seat rather then a cover. So one day I'm gonna get around to his little garage and do quite a few things and I'll give before and after pics of a few DIY things from a complete newbie.

dougie_504
01-12-2010, 11:17 PM
'87-'91 Gen2 CRX is a fantastic car man. Really classic shape IMO. I hope I never part with mine...

ind1
01-12-2010, 11:32 PM
^Yeah faaaaark I love 'em. I'm tempted to sell my current Civic just to buy one, DAMN!

Oz_Striker
02-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Yeah thats true mate. I wasn't planning to buy until a few years anyway. Its just that I love the new Honda Civic Type R hatches but also the older ones. Absolutely love them. Give it a few years and I'll be able to buy one with cold hard cash.

ahh i see mate, sounded like you were going to swap over to something soon. Yeh if you've got a few years with it then a few mods are definately gonna be worth it. Looking forward to those pics bro :D

tylerjames
05-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Take ya black strips to a paint shop.
if you DIY it, you'll notice it heaps, it will bug you more... and you'll end up taking it to a shop either way.

+ defs exhaust & CAI