PDA

View Full Version : EG Vti Need help!

in70yu
02-12-2010, 10:34 PM
So I have a Eg vti... The car is playing up when i try to start it. Doesn't want to start properly , when its running its just fartting and stalls.. Could this be a Distributor problem??
Are all d series Distributor the same ?

Cheers guys

quangsuke
02-12-2010, 11:30 PM
So I have a Eg vti... The car is playing up when i try to start it. Doesn't want to start properly , when its running its just fartting and stalls.. Could this be a Distributor problem??
Are all d series Distributor the same ?

Cheers guys

im guessing its the spark leads in your car. either one or more of the cylinders are running low and is causing ur problems.
u can check this by starting the car and using rubber gloves to pull each lead out one by one to see which one has a break in them...

bennjamin
03-12-2010, 06:52 AM
im guessing its the spark leads in your car. either one or more of the cylinders are running low and is causing ur problems.
u can check this by starting the car and using rubber gloves to pull each lead out one by one to see which one has a break in them...

Low what ?
Pulling leads out while the car is running will NOT tell you what is wrong - it will fry your dizzy quick smart. Don't don't do this guys.

If it starts then fumbles then stalls I'd look at main relay , check all vacuum lines in and around the throttle body , also check
The MAP sensor is hooked up not faulty.
Not all d series dizzies are
The same. The only dizzy that works with your Eg vti is a d16y1 (vti) or d15b7 (gli) locally ( both obd1 efi sohc distributors)

munsi
03-12-2010, 08:49 AM
maybe even check fuel pressure, u may have a dying fuel pump.
if u give it a rev does it rev up ok? or does it just splutter and miss?
start by checking for vacuum leaks.
clean ur map sensor/afm
check ur leads for tracking(is theres white staining on ur ignition leads)
clean contacts on ur dizzy cap.

you can a lead out to check if its sparking, but dont take it out of the spark plug tunnel, it has to be earthed or as bennjamin said, it will fry ur dizzy.
if u do take the leads off uses pliers with a rubber handle, its hurts alotttttttttttttt if the spark gets u.

hope that helps mate

in70yu
03-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Just chagne the leads to new ones not so long ago ,

in70yu
03-12-2010, 09:47 AM
would d16y4 distributor from a ek fit my car ?

markismaximus
03-12-2010, 12:48 PM
would d16y4 distributor from a ek fit my car ?

bennjamin answered this in his post above. are you even reading whats been posted?

mocchi
03-12-2010, 06:33 PM
bennjamin answered this in his post above. are you even reading whats been posted?

hahaha i love ozhonda.

in70yu
03-12-2010, 08:11 PM
geez my bad

in70yu
03-12-2010, 08:12 PM
heres a thought post if your going to help not be a smart ass

quangsuke
14-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Low what ?
Pulling leads out while the car is running will NOT tell you what is wrong - it will fry your dizzy quick smart. Don't don't do this guys.

If it starts then fumbles then stalls I'd look at main relay , check all vacuum lines in and around the throttle body , also check
The MAP sensor is hooked up not faulty.
Not all d series dizzies are
The same. The only dizzy that works with your Eg vti is a d16y1 (vti) or d15b7 (gli) locally ( both obd1 efi sohc distributors)

sorry just posted from my personal experience and watching what my mechanic was doing. apologies for a misleading response.