PDA

View Full Version : EG GLi Code 10 - causes fuel pump not to prime - help.

jdmEG5
03-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Hi guys,

My eg had recently died on me, got no idea what has happend ...

Few days ago, my motor didn't start and I noticed my fuel pump isn't priming. I've checked all wires from underdash wiring harness and all the way to the rear interior harness to see if there's any missleading earth cables or any damaged wires. On my old one, I've found a few opened up wires, reconnected wires and etc so today I've purchased an oem condition wiring harness from an EG civic GLi hatchback manual, front and rear looms, still has no go. Engine light stayed on, check for code and it was code 10 which I believe code 10 is a map sensor (according to my mate)..

If the map sensor has problems, would the problem be spreaded to the efi system causing the fuel pump not to prime? I have bought a decent condition fuel pump (working order and has been tested), brand new fuel main relay an 2 spare ecu's from a working condition civic gli 95"...

What could be the problem and how to fix?

Thanks in advance.

SuiJin
03-12-2010, 04:39 AM
check your main relay. if your main relay is fried, your fuel pump will not prime. common cause.

Chr1s
03-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Code 10 should be IAT

jdmEG5
03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
What do you mean by a main relay..? Wiring harness from under the dash or the actual relay for the fuel assy which is the brown box?

Chr1s: If you don't mind, can you briefly expllain what that is? :s

Benson
03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Intake air temp sensor - most likely a faulty sensor. You can easily replace it. unplug the wiring and use a philips head screw driver to undo the two screws. This is located on the intake manifold (engine bay)

Shoot me a PM if you need a sensor

jdmEG5
03-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the reply benson, but I'm still not 100% sure if that's the problem though,
I've asked a few mates if that was the case (faulty iat sensor), it shouldn't stop the fuel pump priming on ignition...? Any ideas whether that's true or not..? Any other solutions?

Cheers guys

Vtec8U :D
03-12-2010, 12:24 PM
check your fuse box...if you already havnt, if should be labled something along the lines of, "F/pump" or "F/P".

If that doesnt work check either your knock sensor (if it has it), or cam angle sensor (if it has it)....

ACTI0NMAN-1
03-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Sounds more like under hood fuse.

To check, Take out the PGMFI fuel relay and jump the battery to the injectors and pump. If Car runs then its prob' one of the things below
-MFR
-ECU
-Fuse or
-Fuel Pump.

jdmEG5
03-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the reply action man and vtec8u,

Fuses were the first thing that came up in my head, but there is no fuse (or that I know of) that relates to the fuel system...
I will double check on the ecu.
MFR, I've changed it twice, I bought a brand new one and a second hand from a working Gli civic...
Any chances that it could be wiring from motor its self?
Action man, can you kindly lead me step by step how to do that?

jdmEG5
03-12-2010, 07:04 PM
So I got the car started today which is a +1 - turned out my underdash fuse box was burnt... (Well it smelt burnt) so I replaced it and it starts...

Now my problem is my motor isn't running properly, it idle hunts continuesly between 1200 - 1500 rpm... When I'm driving it feels likes its gonna stall but it doesn't stall when I stop... It idle hunts only when I'm pressing the throttle...
Could the IAT sensor be the problem?

And my headlight doesn't work - I can get that fixed though... But other than that is just the motor and engine light is constantly on..

I will upload 2 videos tonight on the rpm where it hunts and the exhaust (for sound)

Any help will be appreciated.

Btw engine light starts to engage 5 seconds after the motor is on, and the engine light stays on... Doesn't flash or anything

Thanks