PDA

View Full Version : Greddy turbo kit

brendan1990
05-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Just wondering what your thoughts are on the greddy bolt on turbo kit, there is one for sale atm for 4.5g, apparently the guy is getting 190kw atw's dunno how much psi though, did some research on s2ki seems that after about 7psi you wont get much power from the turbo as its not big enough, so basically i have a few questions which are as follows....
is this a good starting point for turboing an s?
could a biger turbo replace the smaller existing one?
and does anyone have experience with this kit?

Not to stressed about getting it as im on my p's but looked like a good starting point.

alvin_R
05-12-2010, 07:19 PM
my point is the more power u put on the S the more handling mod needs to be done, that could a lot more than 4.5k , but if u just after straight draging and cruiseing by not doing any corner, then bolt on turbo kit is the best choice!

brendan1990
05-12-2010, 08:19 PM
i have started with handling mods already, and after a turbo i would looks at brakes etc. atm i just want to know how the kit works thats all, if its a good choice for the price or not.

alvin_R
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
dude....handling mod is the most difficult mod i fink to my self, im not sure wat u done of ur handling mod, but after few track day and many mountain run, i notice handling is th emost important mod to s2k, etc camber joint ,plate, roll center , bushing, sway bay, lower bar, sub frame, coil , srping, adjustable control arm, rear camber hub , coil, srping also by setting the handling, how much camber u need and very importtant the corner weight setting too, maybe im just too enjoy when i can full thrott when it entering the corner rather than straight....beside brake are important too but factory one already good by just simpling upgrading the pads!!

vyets
05-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Just because he puts on a turbo kit does not mean the car won't handle, that just dosen't make sense. Let him mod it how he wants man not everyone buys the s2000 to handle well, I could argue the same that why bother modding suspension when a standard s2000 will be able to outhandle 90% of drivers here.

Just because you have a bucketload of handling mods does not mean your car will handle well, not to mention most of those mods would be more then usless if you don't know what they do because the most important thing about making your car handle is you handling the car itself. Half the mods you mentioned are alignment mods not really mods that will make you go faster alvin but more so to get the precise and unachievable alignment settings. Noone is going to corner weight a street car so you can count that out, and full throttle on corner entry shit I mean that's pretty insane lol. Not to mention I would much prefer a stock suspension setup on the mountains then some stiff ass coils that can't absorb the bumps not to mention it's alot more dangerous too

Brendan like I said buddy what you find on s2ki is pretty much all you're gonna get, not much people here mod the s2k to that extent so there's really no point creating topics, and how's the review gonna be diffrent anyway I mean if 10 people from s2ki say it's crap but 2 people here say it's good well really? I mean that's even if you get 2 people with replies.

Another thing is you keep mentioning you're a P plater who cannot drive turbo cars, you want to sell the s2k because you want turbo but you can't well then what's the point in this question, caus at the end of the day you are not buying a turbo kit until another 3 years, and by then there will be more reviews too.

Also if you want to know if it's a good price you should go and find out how much the kit is brand new and compare it yourself, I mean that's what everyone else would do to find a good price? Who would dive into something and not find out how much it's worth, even the owner of that turbo kit ek4r on this forum can just jump in and pretend and say it's awsome and cheap. I would tell you to ask him yourself but then I don't know if he would know much considering he bought the car like that, but then what's the harm in try right :)

I mean there's nothing wrong with posting a thread asking about help right that's what the forum is for, but c'mon man I helped you showed you where to get information but you're still posting threads asking about absolutly everything, why do you think there's not 100 threads poping up everyday asking about the prices of everymod under the sun for the s2000. Seems to work for everyone else man

VeYzZii
05-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Just because he puts on a turbo kit does not mean the car won't handle, that just dosen't make sense. Let him mod it how he wants man not everyone buys the s2000 to handle well, I could argue the same that why bother modding suspension when a standard s2000 will be able to outhandle 90% of drivers here.

Just because you have a bucketload of handling mods does not mean your car will handle well, not to mention most of those mods would be more then usless if you don't know what they do because the most important thing about making your car handle is you handling the car itself. Half the mods you mentioned are alignment mods not really mods that will make you go faster alvin but more so to get the precise and unachievable alignment settings. Noone is going to corner weight a street car so you can count that out, and full throttle on corner entry shit I mean that's pretty insane lol.

Brendan like I said buddy what you find on s2ki is pretty much all you're gonna get, not much people here mod the s2k to that extent so there's really no point creating topics, and how's the review gonna be diffrent anyway I mean if 10 people from s2ki say it's crap but 2 people here say it's good well really? I mean that's even if you get 2 people with replies.

Another thing is you keep mentioning you're a P plater who cannot drive turbo cars, you want to sell the s2k because you want turbo but you can't well then what's the point in this question, caus at the end of the day you are not buying a turbo kit until another 3 years, and by then there will be more reviews too.

Also if you want to know if it's a good price you should go and find out how much the kit is brand new and compare it yourself, I mean that's what everyone else would do to find a good price? Who would dive into something and not find out how much it's worth, even the owner of that turbo kit ek4r on this forum can just jump in and pretend and say it's awsome and cheap. I would tell you to ask him yourself but then I don't know if he would know much considering he bought the car like that, but then what's the harm in try right :)

I mean there's nothing wrong with posting a thread asking about help right that's what the forum is for, but c'mon man I helped you showed you where to get information but you're still posting threads asking about absolutly everything, why do you think there's not 100 threads poping up everyday asking about the prices of everymod under the sun for the s2000. Seems to work for everyone else man

Brendan.. Say sorry :P

ludecrs
05-12-2010, 10:40 PM
snip

Not enough internets in the world to give to you.

LEWD
05-12-2010, 10:44 PM
The greddy turbo kit is great, if you like the greedy turbo kit that is.

lol vyets....what's that saying? Horse,water,lead, drink?

euromandeluxe
06-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Brendan.. Say sorry :P

I lol'd!

ahah, seriously though, there's some good tips there. you should come down to s2ki brendan :D

alvin_R
06-12-2010, 02:10 AM
im just saying wat i think it is the best for s2k, of coz as that is ur be loved car, u can do everything u want. however, like i said b4 u wanna drag machine or cornering & balancing mahcine. but vyet, if u said factory suspension will more enough for moutain run then i will say no, if there is chance i would like to go with u and see ur line and body roll behind ur car by using the factory one. becoz i cant feel much feed bak when it entering the high speed corner! and for wat im think and defending is i love my Honda becoz it means the king of the NA, i wanna show ppl power doent mean everything , BALANCE is the most important to me...

well end of this, modification of car is just like clothes , different ppl likes different style, To Brenden, s2000 is a high potential car, but also it is a hard control car!! All the best!

brendan1990
06-12-2010, 06:57 AM
ok vyets, sorry. i just thought someone down under might have used this kit.
Alvin, thanks for the tips but i just wanted to get peoples oppinions on the kit, not the best way for my s to handel, and not info on how im creating a drag machine.
the thing with s2ki is i cant get a straight answer, anyway ill look more into it tonight.

vyets
06-12-2010, 07:32 AM
ok vyets, sorry. i just thought someone down under might have used this kit.
Alvin, thanks for the tips but i just wanted to get peoples oppinions on the kit, not the best way for my s to handel, and not info on how im creating a drag machine.
the thing with s2ki is i cant get a straight answer, anyway ill look more into it tonight.

It's hard bro but just take your time there's ALOT of information there and just because he has a turbo dosen't mean he will make the s2000 a drag machine. There's plenty of turbo track s2000's and they're fast.... REAL fast.

Have you read this thread by the way? I haven't but there's 41 pages so it should have a fair bit of questions that you're after answered.
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=647911&st=0

Alvin there are no lines to take on the mountains mate, you should be sticking to your lanes not cutting through both lanes its a public road not a race track..

YLDS2K
06-12-2010, 07:47 AM

Just because you have a bucketload of handling mods does not mean your car will handle well, not to mention most of those mods would be more then usless if you don't know what they do because the most important thing about making your car handle is you handling the car itself. Half the mods you mentioned are alignment mods not really mods that will make you go faster alvin but more so to get the precise and unachievable alignment settings. Noone is going to corner weight a street car so you can count that out, and full throttle on corner entry shit I mean that's pretty insane lol. Not to mention I would much prefer a stock suspension setup on the mountains then some stiff ass coils that can't absorb the bumps not to mention it's alot more dangerous too

well said...