PDA

View Full Version : Civic GLi manual re-install

stevo1210
06-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I have a question about an 1997 EK Civic GLi sedan which was recently given to me. Basically it doesn't run because there isn't a transmission in there!
My friend stripped the manual gearbox and clutch pedal and various other oddities to do with the gearbox as he converted his fried automatic civic to a manual.
Now I really don't want to get rid of this car because I've always wanted an EK Civic... I currently have a 2003 Corolla and a 2010 FD1 Civic provided by work... but still I lounge for an EK Civic.
What bits do I need to make this thing run again? I know I'll need a manual gearbox... but what else? Also, how much is this going to cost me? I'm hoping for under $2000.

Thanks.

vinnY
06-12-2010, 09:33 AM
chances are you'd need:
matching gearbox for the motor
clutch pedal
clutch master cylinder + slave cylinder, appropriate lines and the little reservoir
chances are the ecu is gone too as auto and manual ecu's are different
if the clutch/flywheel is also gone you'd need to grab those too

provided you do the labour yourself, you could probably pull it off for under $1k
d series bits are generally cheap

mocchi
10-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I have a question about an 1997 EK Civic GLi sedan which was recently given to me. Basically it doesn't run because there isn't a transmission in there!
My friend stripped the manual gearbox and clutch pedal and various other oddities to do with the gearbox as he converted his fried automatic civic to a manual.
Now I really don't want to get rid of this car because I've always wanted an EK Civic... I currently have a 2003 Corolla and a 2010 FD1 Civic provided by work... but still I lounge for an EK Civic.
What bits do I need to make this thing run again? I know I'll need a manual gearbox... but what else? Also, how much is this going to cost me? I'm hoping for under $2000.

Thanks.

as above vinny said. you need all those. most likely whey will be under $500 altogether.
labour however, is not under consideration.

you can DIY it not too hard but getting gearbox in without transmission jack is abit of a hassle.
i had a crane when i did my auto-manual conversion, and that was still hard. plus my weak asian build doesnt make things any easier.

-make sure you get transmission dowel pins too. will be mad impossible to precisely fit in transmission without those. i suppose.

btw i got brand new clutch+flywheel for sale $150. matches your engine perfectly.
ill chuck in manual flywheel bolts (longer than auto) too which you need.
got manual ecu too.

shameless advertising.. -_-

dorikin
11-12-2010, 11:05 AM
I have lots of manual conversion bits from an EG, not sure if the same as EK tho

clutch master and slave cylinder, pedal boxes, d-series driveshafts clutch flywheel