PDA

View Full Version : Winton fun day

JamieP
06-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey guys, the winton fun day is comming up this sunday the 12th and I was wondering if any of you guys are planning on heading down? Its going to be my first track day so I dont really know what to expect, but I cant wait.

Also, do any of you guys whove been upto winton before know of any budget priced accomidation worth recommending in the area? as Im planning on driving up there on the saturday night rather than doing the long drive at like 4 am in the morning on sunday

brendan1990
06-12-2010, 08:41 PM
where do you live? i live about 40 minuts from the city down south and can make it to winton in 3 hrs, first race doesnt start till 830-9, oh and yeah im goin planned this w/e for ages, s2000 meet on saturday, winton on sunday im gonna be ****ed XD

euromandeluxe
06-12-2010, 08:58 PM
yeah, I think that s2k meet sounds like mad fun Jamie, you should come :D

JamieP
06-12-2010, 08:59 PM
I live in geelong man, I google mapped it and it says its a 3 and a half hour drive from here so it doesnt sound like a good idea to be driving up there on sunday morning.

Im just praying my new brake pads I ordered 2 weeks ago arrive before saturday, but Im guessing they should. I cant wait to hit the track. Will most probably have to miss out on the saturday meet though =/

jrstyles
06-12-2010, 09:06 PM
what pads did you buy if you dont mind me asking?

JamieP
06-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I ended up getting EBC yellow stuff

alvin_R
07-12-2010, 03:39 AM
spend bit more on tyre and pads...u will get a lot more fun from it im sure ^^

kimnkk
07-12-2010, 08:06 AM
where do you live? i live about 40 minuts from the city down south and can make it to winton in 3 hrs, first race doesnt start till 830-9, oh and yeah im goin planned this w/e for ages, s2000 meet on saturday, winton on sunday im gonna be ****ed XD

Hey cool i didn't know anyone from OzHonda who is going, i was like hmmm none of these users seem familiar! See you guys on sat right? :D

Riced_Civic
07-12-2010, 09:02 AM
be careful on these fundays, as they are full of idiots, cars can range from to 150+ cars on the day and about 20 on the track at one time.
it may be cheap way to go to the track, but they allow everyone on with different capabilities on at the same time.
u might get fully prep race cars with 1st timers and it usually doesnt go well with the faster car usually intimidating the others, showing how there like Michael Schumacher.

my advice if you do go to one of these days always check your mirrors and move out of the way for faster cars, as with all other track days but more so the Fun days.

TanitY
07-12-2010, 09:15 AM
ill be going to the funday in my ep3r, hope to see some of you guys there

philipminge
08-12-2010, 12:33 PM
yeh heard fun days are crazy n people just being stupid n they kick u off if u do nething out of the norm....

there is a test and tune day on the 7th of Jan... wayyy less cars.

people should consider test and tunes. either jan, feb, or march.
if anyone can get a friday off work, thats the way to go...

i did one late last year. there were 4 cars on the track... me n 3 mates... went as hard and stupid as you want.

its ideal.

JamieP
08-12-2010, 02:50 PM
You need a racing lisence to go to the test and tunes though dont you?

philipminge
08-12-2010, 03:33 PM
yeah but u just get one on the day and it lasts for 12 months... its like $50 or so i believe.

so first time u go will cost 180$
after that $130 a pop for 12 months and u get to thrash round all day.

was best choice ever.

in the arvo (last 3 sessions for the day) was only me and my mate with his skyline on the track. didnt wanna go home.

no1 in the way.... it was amazing.
just did what i wanted. within reason that is.... didnt just go cut circles in the middle of the S bend.

Riced_Civic
13-12-2010, 07:23 AM
yeh heard fun days are crazy n people just being stupid n they kick u off if u do nething out of the norm....

there is a test and tune day on the 7th of Jan... wayyy less cars.

people should consider test and tunes. either jan, feb, or march.
if anyone can get a friday off work, thats the way to go...

i did one late last year. there were 4 cars on the track... me n 3 mates... went as hard and stupid as you want.

its ideal.

tru that, test tune days are awesome, they may be a few people in teh mornings but when it gets close to 2 or 3 o'clock its like empty and theres no1 to bother you out on the track.

i will consider more TnT days next year depending on my time table next year.