PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god!

ind1
06-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I bought that Maguliers (idk wtf it is) polish and also a waxer. Applied by hand using a foam applicator. First washed my car, then dried using that leather thing and applied the polish. I didn't notice much difference after the polish. Applied the wax but still doesn't have much shine as I hoped for. Wiped off the excess with a microfibre towel as suggested.. Erm, theres like no difference, its still pretty dull. Any advice?

Is giving the normal Honda engines a rev to like 5k-6k rpm bad? Don't know much about engines, but I just know it isn't VTEC which you can rev the hell out of.

SuperJDM.
06-12-2010, 10:18 PM
wtf is the point of this thread? i mean you said you "raced" i highly doubt it LOL. And no its not bad for the engine. Mods gonna close this up

mocchi
06-12-2010, 10:18 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3569/3351571456_6a4a18af4c.jpg

your point? what is your point in starting this thread?

chauster
06-12-2010, 10:20 PM
inb4ban

string
06-12-2010, 10:21 PM
So long as you warm it up and keep it full of oil and coolant, you basically can't hurt an OEM Honda Motor.

mugen_ctr
06-12-2010, 10:21 PM
polish an wax has to be applied an rubbed into a certain, cant just slap it on an expect results lol

ps: An with street racing, theres a strong stance against it, plz dont do ever again, if u wanna do it, make sure its at race track, what are u tryna prove on the street?

act_gooner
06-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Meguires products usually make a pretty noticable difference. One afternoon I coated my entire car with probably the same product after washing and it looked amazing.

Don't make a habit of driving you car hard, even if its not overly bad for your car, you don't want to get done for negligance, speeding or racing by the cops.

ind1
06-12-2010, 10:22 PM
There was 2 questions in there if you read it. But thanks for answering about the engine Q.

Any idea on the waxing? Isn't giving me much shine

Meguires products usually make a pretty noticable difference. One afternoon I coated my entire car with probably the same product after washing and it looked amazing.

Don't make a habit of driving you car hard, even if its not overly bad for your car, you don't want to get done for negligance, speeding or racing by the cops.

So do you just coat the entire car in wax then wipe off excess? Or do you do it in sections? It just isn't giving me much shine.. It still is pretty dull.

act_gooner
06-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Small sections as it says on the back. As mugen_ctr said it has to be applied and rubbed in with some elbow greese!

flipfire
06-12-2010, 10:28 PM
What colour is your car?

You can get better results if you Wash > Claybar > Polish imperfections > Wax > Sealant

chauster
06-12-2010, 10:31 PM
no elbow grease = no effect
d series are fair solid. I'd like to see you break it.

my eyes are bleeding from reading junk

ind1
06-12-2010, 10:36 PM

Ok thanks for that. Yeah I never drive my car hard lol. Was just curious. Saw it was quite and had a go.

Small sections as it says on the back. As mugen_ctr said it has to be applied and rubbed in with some elbow greese!

Ah ok. I did apply elbow grease, however, how long should I be wiping for? Until its all disappeared into the paint work or? I may of applied too much.

What colour is your car?

You can get better results if you Wash > Claybar > Polish imperfections > Wax > Sealant

Colour is white. Ok i'll look into that thanks.

no elbow grease = no effect
d series are fair solid. I'd like to see you break it.

my eyes are bleeding from reading junk

Ok sounds good. Come on man I am a noob and am in the right forum.. :)

JohnO
06-12-2010, 10:38 PM
move onto mothers nuff said.

flipfire
06-12-2010, 11:00 PM
White doesnt show as well as other colours. I used NXT tech wax 2.0 on my white civic and it didnt show that much compared to my friends black car.

Whats even more annoying is you cant see how much wax youve applied on white cars. You wont see that "haze" properly.

ind1
06-12-2010, 11:08 PM
^Ah, I see. Yeah it is annoying.. I walk around, duck down until I get to an angle where I can see the areas I haven't done. Your avatar reminds me of my dog Richie.. Was a Kelpie. But hes passed on now.

Anyway, I'll take out the polish and polish again then wax again. Thanks for help

dougie_504
06-12-2010, 11:12 PM
I either use Nu Polish or Sonax semi-abrasive. Both have done great for me. Meguire's for metal polish, scratch x, trim detailer etc

chauster
08-12-2010, 06:54 PM
and you want to buy a type R. ok

mugen_ctr
08-12-2010, 11:32 PM
i tried scratch x, doesnt do nothing for me :S followed instructions as such, guess its only used for scratches that as deep as finger nail

YBJLS4
08-12-2010, 11:38 PM
uh no. its not for scratches deep for u do be able to dip ur finger tips r u an idiot. how r u even a member. (seen ur other posts, u spread ALOT of wrong info)

sigh. wen ur finger can fall in, it means it taken off paint, how can scratch x miraculously put the paint back on

its for light scratches, blemishes and light swirls. it works for me, take off light scratches and gives a little polish too. also weakens stronger scratches

chauster
09-12-2010, 12:03 AM
uh no. its not for scratches deep for u do be able to dip ur finger tips r u an idiot. how r u even a member. (seen ur other posts, u spread ALOT of wrong info)

sigh. wen ur finger can fall in, it means it taken off paint, how can scratch x miraculously put the paint back on

its for light scratches, blemishes and light swirls. it works for me, take off light scratches and gives a little polish too. also weakens stronger scratches

lololool

scratch x is like cut&polish. It removed the marks left in the clear coat and put ts shine back in so you cant see the mark no more.
Any marks/scratches that are through the paint where the color is gone it obviously wont work.

aaronng
09-12-2010, 09:19 AM
The shine that you get from polish & waxing will only be as good as the condition of the paint surface underneath. Looks like you need to use a swirl remover and a machine to get the surface back to being smooth.