PDA

View Full Version : VIC - lost all demerit points

cheapdouchebag
07-12-2010, 12:44 AM
hi guys
i 'had' a perfect driving record i went 11 months without a demerit point off and i was a P1 driver. Today i lost all 5 points in one hit for:
-failure to display p-plates
-one extra passenger

i know vicroads will give me 2 options either go on a 12month good behavour bond
or
lose license for 3 months

i was just wondering. Because my P1 was about to finish and i was about go on P2. If i choose to go on a 12 month good behavour bond and keep my license. Will i move onto P2? Or will i be on P1 for another 12 months. I am still trying to toss up which one to decide to go through with. My main priority is to carry more than one passenger and you could say i was a 'responsible driver'.

P.s . Who the hell gets boozed bus'd on a monday night?!

quangsuke
07-12-2010, 01:00 AM
screw the good behavior bond. thats a trap and a half. once cops see u on a good behavior they will no doubt target u.
take the 3months and extend ur p1 for 3 months

if u choose 12 month good behavior then ur license would continue as normal. but beware, one muck up bam ur license gone.

tiah313
07-12-2010, 01:05 AM
but if you choose lose license for 3 month, ur insurance might go up in the future as ur a p plate and u hv got suspended once, you would also have to extend ur P1 for 6 months.

simmy
07-12-2010, 05:25 AM
6 is better than 12 :P

dougie_504
07-12-2010, 09:41 AM
If you're convinced that you're a responsible driver then just go with the good behaviour bond - you should have nothing to fear, right? Just make sure your P Plates are displayed and that you follow the law.

cheapdouchebag
07-12-2010, 04:35 PM
i guess your right dougie. ill go with the good behaviour bond. now i just gotta limit myself from givin the accel pedal a squirt once in a while.
my friends sister tried telling me my car is a hoon car o_O. (its an accord euro btw).

Stig
07-12-2010, 11:51 PM
i went on the good behavior bond, been 9 months now, got another 3 months to go,

if you dont break the law then you got nothing to fear, the only shit thing is you know you have no points for the next 12 months,

you follow the speed limit and do everything right yet there are always wanker drivers tail gating up your ass, talking on the phone, speeding and you think why WHY don't they get pulled over...

i just got unlucky with mine, got 5 points in the one day a week before my fulls, failure to display p plates for 3 demerits is a joke in vic

i also went on the good behavior bond because i didn't want my insurance premium to go up for a suspended license

dc2r-0636
08-12-2010, 10:37 AM
i took the 12month option in april.. biggest mistake ever. got caught late july speeding. now ive had no lisence for the last 2months. get them back in april lol

also i was on P1.. didnt pay my fine till the last day and i was on my P2 for about a month before i had to hand them in. so now when i get my lisence back i got on my reds for another 6 months.

THEN get my greens again lol get off my P'z when im 23

MR.H
08-12-2010, 11:03 AM
i.

i just got unlucky with mine, got 5 points in the one day a week before my fulls, failure to display p plates for 3 demerits is a joke in vic

hmm say if ur driving and one of your p plates at the back falls of would u get fined for that as well and lose demertit points for it?

cheapdouchebag
08-12-2010, 11:59 AM
hmm say if ur driving and one of your p plates at the back falls of would u get fined for that as well and lose demertit points for it?

that would be a true story. because its summer and not wanting to zap power out of the motor for a/c, i tend to pull all windows down and open up the sun roof (bad mistake). both my p-plates fell out. one is lying on my cars carpet somewhere and one went out the window.
coppers didnt belive me and gave me the failure to display p plate fine

pure_na
08-12-2010, 12:13 PM
you got unlucky man. usually they let you off for p-plates so long as you're polite. i've literally been let off about 6 times for no p-plates. the best one? went through a booze bus, no p plates, got let off, on the way out again the booze bus had swapped sides, got pulled over again, no p-plates, same guy and he's like "****ing hell man put some ****ing p-plates up or i will book you." i was like YESSIR!

12 months is good if you are a "my car is to go from a to b" sort of driver. if you're not, it is very VERY hard. i'm one month in. i would not reccommend it for aaaaaanybody who likes driving. it is too easy to go 5ks over and get booked. i was forced to do it because the points i had meant that even after 3 month suspension i would still be 1 point off another suspension.

Stig
08-12-2010, 12:27 PM
not necessary if you are nice you wont get done for p plates, it depends on the officer, heck i was being nice to the cop and he goes ill think about booking you for p plates, asks me if i ever received a fine at all and im like no i havent, comes back and goes yeahhh here you go ill fine you anyway for the p plates... like gee thnx man

if you have the front plates up and the rear plates fall off, like on your rear parcel shelf for sedans and boot floor for hatchback, you can usually get away with it since well...it just fell off... (just grab a shitty one that wont stick and prove it to the officer lol)

but if you just had both of them off lying on your dash then yeah, not a believable story

dougie_504
08-12-2010, 04:21 PM
not necessary if you are nice you wont get done for p plates, it depends on the officer, heck i was being nice to the cop and he goes ill think about booking you for p plates, asks me if i ever received a fine at all and im like no i havent, comes back and goes yeahhh here you go ill fine you anyway for the p plates... like gee thnx man

if you have the front plates up and the rear plates fall off, like on your rear parcel shelf for sedans and boot floor for hatchback, you can usually get away with it since well...it just fell off... (just grab a shitty one that wont stick and prove it to the officer lol)

but if you just had both of them off lying on your dash then yeah, not a believable story

That's so BS what happened to you man. Enforcing the law is one thing, and I understand that, but it comes to a point where you wonder if that cop has a conscious at all! FFS man plates fall off, sometimes you creep up to 5km over the limit accidentally etc...

Makes you just wanna say, 'Dude, haven't you got a heart? People make mistakes. Go catch a real criminal...'

I reckon I'm lucky not to have been fek'd for something so petty by this stage :(

cheapdouchebag
08-12-2010, 06:36 PM
yeah almost all highway popo's rckn their just doing their job but man, they can eat a dick. my mate today just got fined for the p-plates today >_> talk about coinsidence
bloody wanker of a police booked him because his plates were hanging off the window and wernt sitting flush on the window. WTF? totally gunna egg him on to contest this infringement

Lukey
08-12-2010, 06:50 PM
get the ones with suction caps, wedge them in a corner and use suction caps. run a set of p-plates on the inside and outside if you have to. run 2 sets inside the windows if you have to.

dc2r-0636
09-12-2010, 01:49 PM
the plastic ones with suction cups look like shot afta a while. the color fades nicely then u get dicked for having blue P's that were once upon a time green lol

tiah313
09-12-2010, 10:01 PM
lol recieved the same letter today gfkng, prob go with the 12 months thingo, just wondering how many points do i get after the 12 months? and how many points do i get bak if i do the 3 months suspension?

Stig
09-12-2010, 11:16 PM
all your points for both options yo

Lukey
10-12-2010, 06:28 PM
the plastic ones with suction cups look like shot afta a while. the color fades nicely then u get dicked for having blue P's that were once upon a time green lol

id never had a problem with them going blue, only fade a little bit to a duller green, longest set i think i had was a year before i lost some, gave them to people cos i always had 3-4 spare.

dc2r-0636
10-12-2010, 08:42 PM
id never had a problem with them going blue, only fade a little bit to a duller green, longest set i think i had was a year before i lost some, gave them to people cos i always had 3-4 spare.

they go blue trust me lol my sisters went blue at the front but not at the back coz of window tint

Lukey
10-12-2010, 08:56 PM
mine never went blue.

Stig
10-12-2010, 09:03 PM
i've seen some go blue over time

cheapdouchebag
10-12-2010, 11:29 PM
how long odes it usualy take from the offence for vicroads to mail the letter to you?

paile
11-12-2010, 07:14 AM
how long odes it usualy take from the offence for vicroads to mail the letter to you?

within two weeks iirc.

WATAJK
11-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Take the 3 months.
Heed my warning mate.
I did 12 months and it only took 2 months before i got done.
12 months... Your playing a game with the devil...
Your basically playing roulette with the odds heavily against you so seriously stay away lol...
Take 3 months.. Cop it on the chin... It'll be over much quicker then 6 months >.<

BTW...
From my knowledge considering i know lol...
If you complete the 12 months you will get all your points back =)
If you fail.. you'll do the 6 months and only have a certain amounts of points back depending on your last infringement...
Im on 1 point till feburary as that is the fine that gave me the license suspension 4 points >.>

dc2r-0636
11-12-2010, 08:59 AM

more then 2 weeks lol. i got done mid july.. didnt pay the fine till august 30 and officially lost my license October 10