PDA

View Full Version : Civic EG4 GLi idle hunting constantly after cleaning the throttle body - help

jdmEG5
07-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey guys I've done some research on this forum and I haven't find the right answer yet...

I was cleaning my throttle body yesterday (motor d15b7) because the car lagged from 3000 - 5000rpm...
What I mean by lag is between those rpms, the car didn't increase any power or speed so I suspected it'd be the throttle body that's dirty which it was... So I cleaned it with carby cleaner and it fixed the problem...

Now my problem the car idle hunts even though its warm or cold.. It idle hunts from 1000 - 1300 rpm constant hunt.. I've checked the vacuum hoses and it seems to be all intact...

What could be the problem?

Thx

xclusive_eg8
07-12-2010, 03:31 PM
did you take manifold of the head or just sprayed carby cleaner into it??

jdmEG5
07-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Just sprayed the carby cleaner to the throttle plate

mocchi
07-12-2010, 04:24 PM
"What I mean by lag is between those rpms, the car didn't increase any power or speed"

doesnt that mean that youre clutch is slipping?
increase in rpm, no increase in vehicle speed.

jdmEG5
07-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Nahh clutch is brand new...

The throttle plate was just dirty as so it kinda lags when it opens.. The lagging bit is fixed

Just wanting to know why my motor is idle hunting...

EK1 Civic
07-12-2010, 09:12 PM
When it happened to me my throttle cable was a bit tight after i cleaned my throttle body, which let the butterfly stay a tad open during idle. During warmup it wouldnt be an issue, but once warmed up, it would go from like 1-1.8k revs and bounce bak n fourth.

xclusive_eg8
07-12-2010, 11:30 PM
are you sure you didnt disconnect a sensor or didnt get carby cleaner into one of the sensor?? being at the intake side the sensors really wouldnt be designed to get saturated

jdmEG5
07-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Hey guys thanks for the reply...

Xclusiveeg8 - I'm pretty sure I didn't get the sensors but I'm sure there's a slight chance I wouldve.. If I did get one of the sensors, which one could of been the most effected one? :s but like I said I'm pretty sure I didn't since I sprayed it directly onto the trottle plate..

Ek1 civic - I think I'm gonna give that a check actually! Since I've tried to tuck my throttle cable behind the manifold ... I'll check it tmr thanks again for the replies guys

xclusive_eg8
10-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Fixed?