PDA

View Full Version : Noise from the steering wheel,

EuRo[69]
07-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey all I had this annoying noise coming out from the steering wheel every time I turn left or right in reverse, have the car for a service and ask them to look into the noise, they say that the noise it coming from the steering pump. Just bought the car over a months from a dealer so I brought it back for them to look at but they say that there it nothing wrong it just some plastic touching the steering wheel, had the car back from the dealer for a week without the noise but now it coming back. Any idea what wring with it?
Thank in advance.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

zerotime
07-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Hi EuRo[69]. I have got the same noise from steering wheel too and I was told by the dealer (Garry and Warren Smith) it was the power steering. It only happens at low speed especially in car parks for my car. You may feel the steering wheel is heavier at high way speed which is also my case but of course you won't hear the noise at high way speed. Hope that helps with your concerns.

EuRo[69]
07-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Thank you so much zerotime, by the way did they say how much it will cos to fix it? And should be wory about the noise?

zerotime
08-12-2010, 10:46 AM
;2910130']Thank you so much zerotime, by the way did they say how much it will cos to fix it? And should be wory about the noise?

They shouldn't charge you anything since it is under warranty but I doubt that there is anything they can do about it. BTW, I can't really notice any noise from it now maybe it is getting quieter or I am used to it already.

Do you know how to get a post quality point to become a registered member?

All The Best,