PDA

View Full Version : fuel cut defender??

ABZY
14-01-2005, 02:57 PM
hey all, not to long ago i heard you could put these on N.A engines, although it doesn't work as effective as on a turbo... i was wondering if this was right and what the advantages/disadvantages would be...

thanks ABZY

Weq
14-01-2005, 03:30 PM
what do u think it will acheive?

Limbo
14-01-2005, 06:49 PM
They are designed to work on Jap cars with a speed limiter on them to stop them going over 180km/hr. They don't do anything else. I would doubt that they don't work on turbos as i know they sell them for a Supra, a friend of mine has a Jap spec one with this unit and it worked fine.

They trick the ECU that the car is only still at about 180km/hr to allow it to go faster.

Lonewolf
15-01-2005, 01:59 PM
that is something some of them do, however i believe thier primary objective is to allow turbocharged motors to run more boost past the stock limit of the ECU (where they introduce a fuel cut to stop overboosting). With no boost to be had on an n/a car, makes it a bit of a waste....

Weq
15-01-2005, 04:29 PM
that is something some of them do, however i believe thier primary objective is to allow turbocharged motors to run more boost past the stock limit of the ECU (where they introduce a fuel cut to stop overboosting). With no boost to be had on an n/a car, makes it a bit of a waste....
nail on the head

JR Performance
25-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Yep the Speed Limit Defender is the unit the eliminates the 180km/hr speed limiter. The Fuel Cut Defender fouls the ECU and allows you to run more boost instead of using a boost controller. I would not recommend using these as you can get surge and mis-readings as opossed to a electronic boost controller which is much more reliable.