PDA

View Full Version : Amp Install

fromdeeeast
07-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Anyone have a write up for how to install an amp in an s2000, like wiring wise and how to access the boot?

Mainly I wanna know how to access the boot from the cabin?

Thanks guys

euromandeluxe
08-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Anyone have a write up for how to install an amp in an s2000, like wiring wise and how to access the boot?

Mainly I wanna know how to access the boot from the cabin?

Thanks guys

run wires down the sides of the car under the sill trims - you can pry off the trim piece that has the brushes for the soft top (the piece directly behind the sill trim piece that says 'honda' on it) and that gives access to the boot from the cabin. you should be able to see some wiring running through a gap there - tape your wires to a coathanger and carefully feed it through that gap and have someone else in the boot keep an eye out for it :)

Also, I think it's advisable to have power wires running down the driver's side of the car as that's where most of the car's current wiring is (and you don't want RCAs there or you might get noise). RCA wires can be run down the passenger's side. you can even run speaker wires along the centre console.

good luck :)

VeYzZii
08-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Yeap. As Euro said you can run the wires through the centre console, but thats hassle. But you would want to run the power cable sepeate to speaker wire and rca's.. With the RCA you can run in through the centre console, and then push it into carpet and make it poke back out behind the seat where those air vent things are, and just run them under there. For the power cable, there is a hole in the firewall that hits where about your pedals are, get a pilot and tape the wire to it, push it through the gromet already there.. My 2c would be prior to setup, get a new head-deck. Stock is far from decent. I have 4 power lines running down, all insulated. You can also run a negetive power line down to where the amps are, will help the amp get power. And if you going to run anything more then a 10 inch sub, look into capicitors..

fromdeeeast
08-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Sweet as guys

Ive already got a HU and splits. My main concern was just how was I gonna get the wires into the boot of the car from the cabin.

Wires will definitely run ob the sides of the car under the sills.

thanks

fromdeeeast
14-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Anyone know how to remove the cd stacker???

FML this is an annoying car to work on

VeYzZii
14-12-2010, 10:10 PM
LOL.. Bolt Cutters.

genghiskhan
15-12-2010, 02:47 AM
remove the trim behind the passenger seat and unplug it.

VeYzZii
15-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Wait do you mean the holder too?